rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache Jaguar Triumph Mini
Occupation
Coffee
Country flag
Hi Satnav not working when selecting Navigation it appears on screen then after few seconds it defaults to the last screen open. Also anyone now how to turn off lane keeping without having to do it every time I switch car on on steering control. I have been into settings but only seem to be able to toggle between Aid and Aid & Alert No Lane keeping ON OFF toggle
Sponsored

FPLiptak

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Also anyone now how to turn off lane keeping without having to do it every time I switch car on on steering control. I have been into settings but only seem to be able to toggle between Aid and Aid & Alert No Lane keeping ON OFF toggle
There is a button on the left side of the steering wheel to toggle the Lane Centering on and off. See "H" in the picture below. I have mine turned off and it does NOT keep turning back on until I press the button again to activate it. The setting is remembered.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Sat Nav not working 1636562993938

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
@FPLiptak is right on target with that steering wheel button. That should answer your lane keeping question.

Regarding the navigation app stopping, you may need to perform a restart of your SYNC system (the center display), to clear up whatever is messing it up.

To restart SYNC, press and hold these two steering wheel buttons for several seconds until the center display begins to restart: Volume Down + Next Track.

OP
OP
rodbin

rodbin

First Name
rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Coffee
Country flag
@FPLiptak is right on target with that steering wheel button. That should answer your lane keeping question.

Regarding the navigation app stopping, you may need to perform a restart of your SYNC system (the center display), to clear up whatever is messing it up.

Thanks
car at dealers so will do that if they have not fixed it
I use the steering column button but it des not remember

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag

To restart SYNC, press and hold these two steering wheel buttons for several seconds until the center display begins to restart: Volume Down + Next Track.
I believe the Lane Keep Assist Function will always default to on after an ignition cycle due to UK & EU regulations. This can’t be changed unfortunately.

You can turn it off using the steering wheel button every time you start the car as suggested - but you will receive a notification every 30 minutes in the main drivers display that the feature is turned off.

OP
OP
rodbin

rodbin

First Name
rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Coffee
Country flag
I believe the Lane Keep Assist Function will always default to on after an ignition cycle due to UK & EU regulations. This can’t be changed unfortunately.

You can turn it off using the steering wheel button every time you start the car as suggested - but you will receive a notification every 30 minutes in the main drivers display that the feature is turned off.
Thanks that is a pain !!
car at dealers yesterday kept it all day and overnight had a complete reset be interesting to see what I get back

bto_tn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E RWD
Country flag

The restart fixed my issue. Thank you for the info.

A couple items of note...the button combination would not work for me with just the center display turned on. I had to start my vehicle also.

Also found that holding down the Volume down + Previous track buttons for several seconds opens up the center display diagnostics.

Not sure that will be of much help to us. Probably moreso for technicians.
Sponsored