silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag

Every owner who has mentioned the car's suspension making their heads bob around will appreciate this review.
Sponsored

Last edited:

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
In the first 4 minutes, I shouted “THEN JUST GO BUY A TESLA!” about 7 times. Other than being a bit slow at startup, I haven’t had any issues with the screen, and frankly every vehicle I’ve ever driven with an infotainment screen seems to take forever to boot at startup.
I have never had an issue with the brakes being anything but linear, although I also don’t get on them very hard to begin with. 100,000 miles on a set of brakes isn’t unusual for me, so obviously I don’t mash the brake pedal much. It feels like most of the brake complaints are coming from people with wheel time logged in Tesla vehicles, and perhaps it’s more of a driving with expectations of similar reactions thing. I can feel when the friction brakes engage when I am forced to stop harder than I’d prefer, but nothing like the “throw out the anchor” experiences I see in the reviews. Perhaps some people need to learn to modulate their brake foot better, or learn to think further ahead than the tip of their nose. ?‍♂

On the other hand, I do agree with them about the suspension, and wonder if aftermarket struts will be a viable solution for the issues we are experiencing. Damn I wish I had waited for a magnaride suspension.

Last edited:

deadduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No
Country flag
Haven't watched the review, yet, but I can guess.

Savage is 40ish going on 80ish when it comes to infotainment. He's always complaining about infotainment screens.

I didn't have any issues with infotainment although I didn't try CarPlay on my drives. It seemed to start up just fine and was plenty responsive but I didn't go digging into it either.

I did find the brakes somewhat awkward to modulate at really slow speeds on my two test drives. It's like the car really wants to stop and jumps at the opportunity to do so making it hard to come to that perfect stop.

smp

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
FWIW, I'm having an excellent time with my MME screen. I do not want to use CarPlay, and I never intended to use Phone-as-a-Key, so I seem to be avoiding the major inconveniences of the system. ?

smp

TheStig

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GB Mach-E FE, 2023 Porsche GT4
Country flag
Also FWIW, my CarPlay works flawlessly and is awesome. I do have issue with the boot time of the screen. Not the amount of time it takes for stuff to show up on the screen; but the time it takes from when stuff shows up to when everything can be interacted with and not lag.

MachE1977

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Tesla Model 3/ 2020 Mazda Miata Club
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Great Review!

deadduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No
Country flag
It's a fair review.

Regarding CarPlay, we just had an IOS update. It's not rare for things to get erratic when that happens. They might have updated their phone, or not, when they were making this review.

It didn't feel that bouncy when I drove it but I could sort of see the complaint. I suspect the GT will be a lot more tightened down in that respect.

As I said earlier, I agree on the brakes.

GatorCat

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E FE Grabber Blue, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV
Occupation
HR Total Rewards
Country flag
I agree the suspension is a bit bouncy at times and Straight Pipes review noted that as well. Could be a big reason to get magnaride on GTP.

CarPlay works well about 95% of time for me. In fact it starts playing wirelessly very quickly after start up. The boot times are a little slow and there are issues. But I had a 2019 Mazda CX-5 signature and that took more than a minute before Sirius came online and about once a month the system would just crash. I had problems with my Volvo XC-90 and older Explorer and Edge. So I’m thinking that most cars have issues with their infotainment systems especially these very complex ones. Do others have similar issues with your previous systems?

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I'll watch it tonight, but I use CarPlay (no issues), I drive in 1PD - no issue with the brakes (what are those?), and my head doesn't bobble, so I am not sure what is up with that. I had early problems with PAAK that for the most part are now solved, and it works fine 99% of the time. I don't carry the fob anymore.

Skelton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Volvo XC60, 2021 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
Haven't watched the review, yet, but I can guess.

Savage is 40ish going on 80ish when it comes to infotainment. He's always complaining about infotainment screens.
Honestly, I saw they had posted a new video, but I have no plans to watch it. There's just too many times where I've stopped halfway through some long, long review in dismay. There's always good information, but there's something about Mark's personality that grates on me... a lot.

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
My wife and I test drove one (AWD Prem, ER) last week for about an hour, switching drivers a few times. A few fast spots, city, stop and go, on/off the highway a lumpy gravel parking lot.... Yes, my one complaint was the suspension. I found it harsh, but I didn't once think I was being mishandled. I drive a 2017 CX-5 AWD and the MME wasn't all that different, but a bit stiffer. About the same size, and the MME felt heavy, not darty. It shouldn't, its a SUV/Crossover. They aren't meant to be sports cars.

We had a 2 minute learning curve on the pad for the basics. it's not all meant to be fiddled with every time you drive.

I'm assuming Ford has left somewhere for the suspension guys to go for the GT. No marks off, they're spending more money for that, and it WILL trickle into the aftermarket for the tinkerers.

The rest of the review was more of the same, and they reviewed it as if it was a conterfeit Mustang. Dumb. It's not one.

Ponypower50

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 CMax, 2021 Rapid Red Mach-E FE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The brakes act the same as my Ford Cmax. Might take a little time to get used to them.

Tim_C

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E FE GB
Country flag
They might want to check their tire pressures. Just a bit out of spec.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Savagegeese Mach-E Review Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 10.14.45 PM

Valkyrja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GTPE, Star White
Occupation
I hack things
Country flag
For hammering on the UI issues, there were not any spots in the video where if failed or even was slow. Also did not demonstrate how it could be difficult to navigate the UI, but did point out the lack of a search feature which I suspect is his main complaint. My wife and I both played around in the UI before, during, and after the test drive. I agree it needs some work, but after I found what I was looking for the logical flow to get back to it made sense.

The Mechanical Impressions segment was really Ford story time. It would have been nicer to hear a bit more on the mechanics. No need to do a deep dive as others have already done that, but just a bit more on the mechanics.

I really enjoyed the Driving Impressions segment.

I thought their overall evaluation of the Mach-e was fair. In my short test drive I did not have any issues with being able to brake and braking felt just as natural in it as it is in my Camaro. I tend to let a car slow a bit naturally and then ease on the brakes. Not unusual for me to go many, many miles before having to have work done on them with cars I have owned in the past. I did not do 1 pedal driving. For me that is something I can play with down the line.

As for the Tesla stuff. That is how a lot of people are going to approach this vehicle. Telsa has been out there and it is what a lot of people know/been exposed to.
Sponsored