John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
I was out for lunch yesterday at a very popular restaurant, and because of its popularity, I had to park far down the way near the Tractor Supply. When I came out, I saw none other than a Lucid Air parked in the lot.

Yup at Tractor Supply.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Saw a Lucid Air in Person...in a Tractor Supply Parking Lot IMG_0133

Not gonna lie, I had been bowled over by the press photos, but in the metal, I wasn't as impressed, I think. Still a gorgeous sedan, but the wheels look almost identical to my 2014 Honda Accord Hybrid, and it just didn't "pop" for what I'd imagine a car north of $125K should do.

Still, I'm always happy to see more and different EVs in the wild!
Sponsored

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
One of them arrived on my street recently. I complimented the owner without knowing the specs and was surprised when the guy told me about 500 mile range. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures.

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
One of them arrived on my street recently. I complimented the owner without knowing the specs and was surprised when the guy told me about 500 mile range. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures.
These things are >30% more efficient than our cars....(~100 MPGE)... efficiency matters a lot. With the same efficiency, my SR would go from 230 mile range to 300. A ER MME would be north of 350.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Saw a Lucid Air in Person...in a Tractor Supply Parking Lot 1668283563044

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
These things are >30% more efficient than our cars....(~100 MPGE)... efficiency matters a lot. With the same efficiency, my SR would go from 230 mile range to 300. A ER MME would be north of 350.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Saw a Lucid Air in Person...in a Tractor Supply Parking Lot 1668283563044
But how can one live with 1000 hp? If you want fast, this is the car for you. Like a rocket.

roamtheworld

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I spotted one last weekend just North of San Antonio on I-35. All white (or cream) color. I thought it looked nicer than the web pictures/videos. The range is impressive too bad the ramp up in production has been so slow. $60K these would sell like hotcakes at $100K+ way out of my price range.

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I agree with you OP, I went to a lucid showroom in Tysons Corner Mall outside of DC and saw one in person. I really didn’t like the look of the back 1/3 of the car, something about it was really off putting to me. For $100k+ I would need to love it, the tech is impressive though for sure.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
During our drive from LA to Vegas, we had 2 Lucid Airs join our group of 60 EVs.

Both Lucids charged next to me at an EA charging station in Baker, CA while the rest of the Teslas charged next lot over.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I was out for lunch yesterday at a very popular restaurant, and because of its popularity, I had to park far down the way near the Tractor Supply. When I came out, I saw none other than a Lucid Air parked in the lot.

Yup at Tractor Supply.

Not gonna lie, I had been bowled over by the press photos, but in the metal, I wasn't as impressed, I think. Still a gorgeous sedan, but the wheels look almost identical to my 2014 Honda Accord Hybrid, and it just didn't "pop" for what I'd imagine a car north of $125K should do.

There happens to be a showroom here in town where I live. They have a lounge area but instead of a couch, it has the interior seats set up so you can see the material choices available. It is kinda neat.

The car is huge. Or it seemed that way to me at least. Did it look giant there in the parking lot too?

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
Yup at Tractor Supply.

Is there something about Tractor Supply that makes you find this odd?

I agree on the wheels they don't seem to pop with this car.

AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium eAWD Ext Range, Rapid Red
Country flag

Yup at Tractor Supply.

So, perhaps they parked there for the same reason you did?

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I saw one at a charger up in Eureka, CA. The owner was a doctor from Modesto. (I'll admit I was surprised by Modesto, but given your Tractor Supply sighting, now it makes total sense!)

Honestly, I think the silver roof and trim are very unattractive, especially on the Burgundy car.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Saw a Lucid Air in Person...in a Tractor Supply Parking Lot IMG_1016

intensifi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT
Country flag
I almost bought one. Almost.

Looks are subjective but these cars are not that attractive In person. The engineering for range purposes is amazing though! I’m also not a big fan of all the touch screen controls. If that screen breaks, game over.

If they had made an SUV first, they would probably be a roaring success.

One thing I suggest everyone pay attention to in sedans is the angle of the knee to the floor. In cars like this one and the BMW 8 series, the angle is way too shallow! This is a problem on medium and long range trips. It’s caused by the designer trying to minimize drag too much. Make the cars a bit taller so the passengers have comfortable longer trips please.

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
We saw several in their showroom in San Jose when we were up in SF for a long weekend. Impressive vehicle. It's just far to big/long for us.