Cm12

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
The range is unparalleled but a big part of that is the aerodynamics. This is one of those times where function drives form. That’s the most aesthetically pleasing design they could make within the laws of physics. I assume that’s why Lucid built a sedan in the age of SUVs - I bet they couldn’t get crazy range in any other form factor. If they could get 500 miles in an SUV, Lucid would literally own the market.
Sponsored

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
The range is unparalleled but a big part of that is the aerodynamics. This is one of those times where function drives form. That’s the most aesthetically pleasing design they could make within the laws of physics. I assume that’s why Lucid built a sedan in the age of SUVs - I bet they couldn’t get crazy range in any other form factor. If they could get 500 miles in an SUV, Lucid would literally own the market.
Their motors are also very efficient.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I would prefer something more aerodynamic and lower than the Mach-E like the Lucid, but the price is too high for me. Efficiency matters because in addition to increased range, it also increases your effective charging speed (in terms of mi/hr rate) meaning charging stops are shorter as well. But Lucid still has tons of engineering problems to solve, so the product really isn't ready to be sold yet. I would not recommend buying one yet until they solve the issues. Lucid also has a high probably of going bankrupt in the next year as well.

Fremont Kid

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach e Premium AWD
Occupation
Retired IT
Country flag
Their motors are also very efficient.
Two additional points to consider. First, my Mach-e w/91kw battery weighs 5,000 lbs. Wonder how much the Lucid weighs to have battery and efficient motors for 500 mile range. Second, last I explored Lucid the company was including 5 years of charging. That is worth $ in the retail price.
Anyone know more?

Avelli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E91 6MT RWD, 22 MME GT
Country flag
Lucid had an Air on display in downtown Walnut Creek, and I got to sit in it while waiting for my MME to be serviced.

1. I can see why they call it the Air; the one-piece windshield to glass roof is wild! It really opens up the cabin

As far as their market, they are firmly targeting MB S-class owners (and blowing the Tesla Model S out of the water). The touch points, interior features, and layout is showing they are worth the $125k. Heated, ventilated and massaging seats up front (with heated and perforated seats in back). The interior had a lot of suede-like surfaces (similar feel to the Mach-E GT door panels).

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
We sat in one at their shop in San Jose. That's one big car and far to long/wide for our needs.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
I predict Lucid will go bankrupt in less than year. They're burning through so much cash, and losing thousands of dollars on every car they sale. Right now if you look in the used market, there are lots of cars with less than 1k miles for 30k off the msrp. Not a good sign at all.

Oh year, that rear end if ugly. The diagonal line for the trunk just doesn't look right.

For some reason, when I see a lucid air, I think Buick EV.
Sponsored