ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Got this email today - looks like a scan to me, but maybe it's legit. Anyone else get this?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford giving Mach-E owners additional 250kWh complimentary DC charging - total 500kWh 1614709898007
I got the same email.

Maybe we should change the name of this thread. to Wahoo 250kWh more free charging. ...or some more accurate.

OP
OP

jjwolf

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium 4X, M3, Yukon
Country flag
The reason I am suspicious is that going to www.machesupport.com shows a GoDaddy default web page and searching for the phone number in Google shows that it's registered to some random person (and 833 numbers are often associated with scams).

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
The reason I am suspicious is that going to www.machesupport.com shows a GoDaddy default web page and searching for the phone number in Google shows that it's registered to some random person (and 833 numbers are often associated with scams).
Being cautious is a good thing. But this is a legit program that is happening.

You won't need to do anything extra than what you would normally do to activate the original free 250 kW trial via Plug and Charge. Now you'll get 500 free kW.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
So do you suppose that if we didn’t get the email, our delivery isn’t being delayed?

OP
OP

jjwolf

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium 4X, M3, Yukon
Country flag
So do you suppose that if we didn’t get the email, our delivery isn’t being delayed?
Not sure. Mine is somewhere between KC and my dealer. No one knows where it is though - dealer is waiting for Ford to respond with an update.

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Being cautious is a good thing. But this is a legit program that is happening.

You won't need to do anything extra than what you would normally do to activate the original free 250 kW trial via Plug and Charge. Now you'll get 500 free kW.
For those of us who have no way to use the original free 250kw, or the additional 250kw, it might be nice if we could reassign them to someone else.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
For those of us who have no way to use the original free 250kw, or the additional 250kw, it might be nice if we could reassign them to someone else.
Or it would be even better if we could trade in the credits for cash.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
fwiw my personal Office 365 tenant routed this e-mail to Junk E-mail, probably because of the weird domain setup.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
All I get at the connected services site is "Activate Trial" and 250. How do you register for the 500
deal?

Then when I try to activate it hangs endlessly on my credit card security code entry.

Last edited:

Larry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ranger and Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Got this email today - looks like a scam to me, but maybe it's legit. Anyone else get this?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Ford giving Mach-E owners additional 250kWh complimentary DC charging - total 500kWh 1614709898007
Looks legit. Due to my own raging paranoia, I never click a link in unsolicited email. I type the URL in manually, but that’s just me.