- First Name
- Jan 3, 2020
- Reaction score
- New Jersey
- 2021 Mustang Mach-E (CA RT1), 2016 Dodge Durango
- Software Engineer
I was off yesterday and apparently she arrived at the dealership overnight Sunday and into Monday - so I SHOULD have been able to take her home yesterday and give her a full workout. Unfortunately the dealers' software wasn't able to print the contracts properly for options yesterday, so I had to wait until today. Sadly, I only got to take her for a drive yesterday and had to wait until today at lunchtime to sign the paperwork and bring her home. So far I've only driven her for a half hour or so; when I get time and we get decent weather I'll get some real driving in and give a full report, but for now here are my observations:
- The rapid red is gorgeous in good light; gray overcast skies don't do it justice. I was able to get that shot this afternoon during the 20 minutes the sun came out (it's good to be working from home). The "fastback" effect with the red pillar and black upper roof really comes through on the red in sunlight.
- The cabin is very quiet, and I don't hear any buzzing/ringing from the displays with fans and radio off
- The last time I saw one was back in November, and it's a little bit taller than I remembered (but of course it's replacing a Mustang coupe).
- It rides really nicely, and even with the seat in its lowest position getting in and out is basically "on level" - not higher or lower than my backside. I'm 5'11".
- Playing with the combination of drive modes and 1pd in that short time was unproductive - I drove so little in each it's hard to say which I liked and which I didn't. I think my preference is 1PD in whisper and maybe engaged, but unbridled already has enough regen the 1PD was overkill so I'll probably leave it off in unbridled.
- She's peppy once she gets moving, but off the line she takes a second or 2 to get up to a full gallop. From 20mph on up there's plenty of acceleration. Comparing it to my (now former) 2015 V6 mustang I would say that they're about even when my 2015 was in "normal" drive mode (D). My 2015 had a "sports" mode (S) that was more responsive than Scarlett off the line, but I think it would be dead even after Scarlett gets moving. I knew going in that I was getting the slowest Mach E, but I'm happy with the performance coming from my coupe.
- Activating the modem and connecting my phone was easy, although of course I need the android update in a couple of weeks to rectify the PAAK issue
- There's a bit of a learning curve going through the menus to remember where certain things are, but after a little bit of time with it you get the gist and can find things easily.
*** UPDATES ***