Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Scarlett's home! (California Route 1 aka ER RWD) scarletthome

I was off yesterday and apparently she arrived at the dealership overnight Sunday and into Monday - so I SHOULD have been able to take her home yesterday and give her a full workout. Unfortunately the dealers' software wasn't able to print the contracts properly for options yesterday, so I had to wait until today. Sadly, I only got to take her for a drive yesterday and had to wait until today at lunchtime to sign the paperwork and bring her home. So far I've only driven her for a half hour or so; when I get time and we get decent weather I'll get some real driving in and give a full report, but for now here are my observations:
  • The rapid red is gorgeous in good light; gray overcast skies don't do it justice. I was able to get that shot this afternoon during the 20 minutes the sun came out (it's good to be working from home). The "fastback" effect with the red pillar and black upper roof really comes through on the red in sunlight.
  • The cabin is very quiet, and I don't hear any buzzing/ringing from the displays with fans and radio off
  • The last time I saw one was back in November, and it's a little bit taller than I remembered (but of course it's replacing a Mustang coupe).
  • It rides really nicely, and even with the seat in its lowest position getting in and out is basically "on level" - not higher or lower than my backside. I'm 5'11".
  • Playing with the combination of drive modes and 1pd in that short time was unproductive - I drove so little in each it's hard to say which I liked and which I didn't. I think my preference is 1PD in whisper and maybe engaged, but unbridled already has enough regen the 1PD was overkill so I'll probably leave it off in unbridled.
  • She's peppy once she gets moving, but off the line she takes a second or 2 to get up to a full gallop. From 20mph on up there's plenty of acceleration. Comparing it to my (now former) 2015 V6 mustang I would say that they're about even when my 2015 was in "normal" drive mode (D). My 2015 had a "sports" mode (S) that was more responsive than Scarlett off the line, but I think it would be dead even after Scarlett gets moving. I knew going in that I was getting the slowest Mach E, but I'm happy with the performance coming from my coupe.
  • Activating the modem and connecting my phone was easy, although of course I need the android update in a couple of weeks to rectify the PAAK issue
  • There's a bit of a learning curve going through the menus to remember where certain things are, but after a little bit of time with it you get the gist and can find things easily.

*** UPDATES ***
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...alifornia-route-1-aka-er-rwd.3520/post-110004
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...alifornia-route-1-aka-er-rwd.3520/post-110738
Sponsored

Last edited:

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Grats and happy to hear so far none of the issues that have plagued a few cars here.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Really like those rims with the Rapid Red!
Same here. That looks fantastic!
Enjoy your new EV lifestyle. ?

Where is the CR1 badge? I can't see it in that pic.....

Reactions: ARK

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Congrats! It’s great to see so many forum contributors finally getting their rigs.

djett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Scarlett's home! (California Route 1 aka ER RWD) scarletthome

I was off yesterday and apparently she arrived at the dealership overnight Sunday and into Monday - so I SHOULD have been able to take her home yesterday and give her a full workout. Unfortunately the dealers' software wasn't able to print the contracts properly for options yesterday, so I had to wait until today. Sadly, I only got to take her for a drive yesterday and had to wait until today at lunchtime to sign the paperwork and bring her home. So far I've only driven her for a half hour or so; when I get time and we get decent weather I'll get some real driving in and give a full report, but for now here are my observations:
  • The rapid red is gorgeous in good light; gray overcast skies don't do it justice. I was able to get that shot this afternoon during the 20 minutes the sun came out (it's good to be working from home). The "fastback" effect with the red pillar and black upper roof really comes through on the red in sunlight.
  • The cabin is very quiet, and I don't hear any buzzing/ringing from the displays with fans and radio off
  • The last time I saw one was back in November, and it's a little bit taller than I remembered (but of course it's replacing a Mustang coupe).
  • It rides really nicely, and even with the seat in its lowest position getting in and out is basically "on level" - not higher or lower than my backside. I'm 5'11".
  • Playing with the combination of drive modes and 1pd in that short time was unproductive - I drove so little in each it's hard to say which I liked and which I didn't. I think my preference is 1PD in whisper and maybe engaged, but unbridled already has enough regen the 1PD was overkill so I'll probably leave it off in unbridled.
  • She's peppy once she gets moving, but off the line she takes a second or 2 to get up to a full gallop. From 20mph on up there's plenty of acceleration. Comparing it to my (now former) 2015 V6 mustang I would say that they're about even when my 2015 was in "normal" drive mode (D). My 2015 had a "sports" mode (S) that was more responsive than Scarlett off the line, but I think it would be dead even after Scarlett gets moving. I knew going in that I was getting the slowest Mach E, but I'm happy with the performance coming from my coupe.
  • Activating the modem and connecting my phone was easy, although of course I need the android update in a couple of weeks to rectify the PAAK issue
  • There's a bit of a learning curve going through the menus to remember where certain things are, but after a little bit of time with it you get the gist and can find things easily.
I'll have the same color and possibly the same name, once I take delivery! Waiting patiently for my shipping information! Thanks for the updates.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Same here. That looks fantastic!
Enjoy your new EV lifestyle. ?

Where is the CR1 badge? I can't see it in that pic.....
CR1 badge is passenger side rear.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag

Awesome. hope you enjoy it, man. The wheels look sharpe.

OP
OP
timbop

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I offered to go pickup takeout so the wife wouldn't have to cook tonight - out of the goodness of my heart because I am a great husband :p. Somehow I got lost on the highway for 21 miles even though Panchero's is just down the road that my development is on ?.
As long as I was on the highway "by accident" anyway I put on the adaptive cruise with auto lane centering, and it was Fantastic! Other than the zero emissions, my big want for this car was exactly what I get from the ACC+ALC: I can effortlessly drive down the turnpike without having to constantly make adjustments. Anyway, further observations:
  • With a relatively light touch it only told me twice in 20 minutes to put my hands on the wheel
  • Pulling onto the highway was a blast - definitely plenty of power to merge easily. Even better, once I was in the lane and hit "resume" on the cruise control it re-enabled lane keeping after a couple of seconds. I actually did 3 laps of the same 7 mile stretch.
  • Even with my excessive acceleration onto the highway, I ended up averaging 3.3 mi/kwh over a 45 minute period. Cruise control was set to 70, outside temp 40 degrees, and the HVAC was set to "auto" at 65 degrees. The average speed was 40MPH (lots of red lights to and from the highway).
Ford Mustang Mach-E Scarlett's home! (California Route 1 aka ER RWD) PXL_20210217_000234074

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Scarlett's home! (California Route 1 aka ER RWD) PXL_20210217_000234074

*** UPDATES ***
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...alifornia-route-1-aka-er-rwd.3520/post-110004
That looks GREAT with the black Ca Rt.1 aero wheels. Congrats.

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
  • Even with my excessive acceleration onto the highway, I ended up averaging 3.3 mi/kwh over a 45 minute period. Cruise control was set to 70, outside temp 40 degrees, and the HVAC was set to "auto" at 65 degrees. The average speed was 40MPH (lots of red lights to and from the highway)
It was 40 degrees in NJ today? Wow.

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag

*** UPDATES ***
Those rims really look good on the MME. I was initially skeptical of this aerodynamic look, but i am impressed. Congrats on taking ownership.

I am looking to pick mine up on Friday or Saturday. It came in last night or early morning.