MrRossKeys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
I considered "Scarlet" as the name for my Mach E....

I ended up going with "Dragon."

Congrats!!! Glad you like it.

OP
OP
timbop

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
It was 40 degrees in NJ today? Wow.
It actually got above 45 this afternoon when the sun came out for a while. I live in south Jersey and the weather patterns are typically pretty mild. @ChasingCoral probably knows better but I think its because the gulf stream runs close to the south jersey shore and that tends to keep our weather a little warmer than northwest New Jersey, NY, and Pennsy. There was actually a concern a few years ago because several winters in a row were too mild and a tree parasite population was exploding because it wasn't cold enough to kill them off.

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GTPE, daughter drives Ford Focus Titanium
Country flag
scarletthome.jpg

I was off yesterday and apparently she arrived at the dealership overnight Sunday and into Monday - so I SHOULD have been able to take her home yesterday and give her a full workout. Unfortunately the dealers' software wasn't able to print the contracts properly for options yesterday, so I had to wait until today. Sadly, I only got to take her for a drive yesterday and had to wait until today at lunchtime to sign the paperwork and bring her home. So far I've only driven her for a half hour or so; when I get time and we get decent weather I'll get some real driving in and give a full report, but for now here are my observations:
  • The rapid red is gorgeous in good light; gray overcast skies don't do it justice. I was able to get that shot this afternoon during the 20 minutes the sun came out (it's good to be working from home). The "fastback" effect with the red pillar and black upper roof really comes through on the red in sunlight.
  • The cabin is very quiet, and I don't hear any buzzing/ringing from the displays with fans and radio off
  • The last time I saw one was back in November, and it's a little bit taller than I remembered (but of course it's replacing a Mustang coupe).
  • It rides really nicely, and even with the seat in its lowest position getting in and out is basically "on level" - not higher or lower than my backside. I'm 5'11".
  • Playing with the combination of drive modes and 1pd in that short time was unproductive - I drove so little in each it's hard to say which I liked and which I didn't. I think my preference is 1PD in whisper and maybe engaged, but unbridled already has enough regen the 1PD was overkill so I'll probably leave it off in unbridled.
  • She's peppy once she gets moving, but off the line she takes a second or 2 to get up to a full gallop. From 20mph on up there's plenty of acceleration. Comparing it to my (now former) 2015 V6 mustang I would say that they're about even when my 2015 was in "normal" drive mode (D). My 2015 had a "sports" mode (S) that was more responsive than Scarlett off the line, but I think it would be dead even after Scarlett gets moving. I knew going in that I was getting the slowest Mach E, but I'm happy with the performance coming from my coupe.
  • Activating the modem and connecting my phone was easy, although of course I need the android update in a couple of weeks to rectify the PAAK issue
  • There's a bit of a learning curve going through the menus to remember where certain things are, but after a little bit of time with it you get the gist and can find things easily.

*** UPDATES ***
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...alifornia-route-1-aka-er-rwd.3520/post-110004
A beautiful Scarlet lady! Well done - my Mach-e has been here for two weeks tomorrow and no real problems so far either. Did the recall yesterday and applied Cilajet - got back today and looks really nice - I feel protected. Noticed no changes after the recall. You are a good husband to get take-out for your wife - so sorry that you got lost a bit, but smart of you to take take the opportunity to learn about the car. Enjoy your new ride.

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Nice to see a Route 1 review on here - I feel like most have been AWD versions since it seems a heavy majority of people who've received theirs are in colder states, and the warmer state folks seen to have gotten mostly FEs or premium versions.

Definitely like seeing the 3.3mpk in the chilly temps, since I'm pretty sure I'll be as obsessed with mpk in my Route 1 as I am with MPG in my Energi (I have a spreadsheet where I've tracked my MPG for every tank of gas I've filled for 4+ years lol).

OP
OP
timbop

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Wonder if there will be any wheel covers, later on, to buy for the 19 inches, might have to be after market.
The aerocovers sit on a lip in the rim so that they're flush with the rim, so I'm not sure you can just add them on top of an existing wheel. Tomorrow I'll try to take a better shot with my DSLR and the plastic pulled back a bit.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
The aerocovers sit on a lip in the rim so that they're flush with the rim, so I'm not sure you can just add them on top of an existing wheel. Tomorrow I'll try to take a better shot with my DSLR and the plastic pulled back a bit.
maybe only if an after-market company comes up with something then.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Congrats - Looking forward to your driving experiences

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Nice to see a Route 1 review on here - I feel like most have been AWD versions since it seems a heavy majority of people who've received theirs are in colder states, and the warmer state folks seen to have gotten mostly FEs or premium versions.

Definitely like seeing the 3.3mpk in the chilly temps, since I'm pretty sure I'll be as obsessed with mpk in my Route 1 as I am with MPG in my Energi (I have a spreadsheet where I've tracked my MPG for every tank of gas I've filled for 4+ years lol).
Ahem:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/my-obligatory-its-here-thread-route-1.3296/

LOL

(Not to steal Tim's thunder but... LOL It sure does look good in that red, however)

rgparham

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
acura mdx/rdx/4runner/ ford mach e awd premium
Country flag
congratulations TIMBOP! Enjoy the drive. My delivery to Texas is likely delayed by the weather. It is good to see those who post get their deliveries. I am also glad you have not had any problems yet.

OP
OP
timbop

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
so sorry that you got lost a bit, but smart of you to take take the opportunity to learn about the car.
Yeah, it was really weird - I've been driving these roads for 25+ years and somehow I lost my way and ended up on the highway. ?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Scarlett's home! (California Route 1 aka ER RWD) aliens

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Yeah, it was really weird - I've been driving these roads for 25+ years and somehow I lost my way and ended up on the highway. ?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Scarlett's home! (California Route 1 aka ER RWD) aliens
Doesn't the CR1 come with Nav? ?