Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Doesn't the CR1 come with Nav? ?
I hadn't read the manual yet...
I was panicked...
the sun was in my eyes....
Will smith was there with his memory messer-upper flash thingy...
I swear...
Sponsored

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Yeah, it was really weird - I've been driving these roads for 25+ years and somehow I lost my way and ended up on the highway. ?

aliens.jpg
Congratulations! I am glad you are getting to enjoy your new fun to drive ride.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Showed your car to my wife and she loves the wheels too. Very nice!

Kkp

First Name
Kalyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
@timbop congrats

did you took options or purchased the car ? Any other packages that you took ?

cassmoney0523

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Volvo S90, 2018 MB GLC300
Occupation
physician
Country flag
I am interested in your comments regarding relatively "slower off the line" and quicker acceleration after 20mph mark or so (vs your coupe). Most reviewers mention the quickness off the line. I wonder if that has anything to do with AWD vs RWD.

as per others on the forum, was your ETA accurate or did Christmas come early for you?

RR looks great, awaiting my RR as well with ETA of 3/19

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
It is 82 here in Puerto Rico. Come on down and escape the cold forever!
Ha, my brother and Dad were in PR ~18 months ago, my Dad needed a short visit to hospital. He lived most of his years in Buffalo, but said that was the coldest he has ever been in his life. They gave him a "small hand towel" for a blanket.

OP
OP
timbop

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
@timbop congrats

did you took options or purchased the car ? Any other packages that you took ?
48 month options, and I did get gap insurance. I figure it's the best bet to see what new batteries and vehicles hit the market with at least a minimum guarantee of residual value.

I am interested in your comments regarding relatively "slower off the line" and quicker acceleration after 20mph mark or so (vs your coupe). Most reviewers mention the quickness off the line. I wonder if that has anything to do with AWD vs RWD.

as per others on the forum, was your ETA accurate or did Christmas come early for you?

RR looks great, awaiting my RR as well with ETA of 3/19
Oh, I definitely believe it is the weight of the ER battery and single motor. It feels like once her momentum is overcome and she starts moving she runs like hell. Going from 30-40MPH on the entrance ramp up to 70+ as I merged onto the highway was definitely a kick in the pants.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
What is gap insurance?
If your vehicle is totalled and what you owe to the bank (or Ford ) is more than the car's worth then the gap insurance covers the difference between what the insurance will pay and the money owed to the bank. It takes care of the rapid early depreciation.

woody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Chevy Bolt
Country flag
My question is, and may have been answered (apologize):
Is D with One pedal (1P) the same as L? That is , is L always one pedal (regenerative) braking/driving? (The Bolt in L is regenerative braking. It does have a paddle, but I do not use it, because L driving is and works great)
Manual reads:

Low (L)
You can activate this position at any vehicle speed which provides an increased level of deceleration when you lift off the accelerator pedal. You can use low (L) at all times, if desired, but improving drivability while descending grades is the intent. Entering low (L) does not take any actions if one pedal drive is active.

Somewhat vague.

Also, are Traction Control and Stability Control always on when you turn car on as stated?

JerseyMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e Premium AWD extended range
Country flag
scarletthome.jpg

I was off yesterday and apparently she arrived at the dealership overnight Sunday and into Monday - so I SHOULD have been able to take her home yesterday and give her a full workout. Unfortunately the dealers' software wasn't able to print the contracts properly for options yesterday, so I had to wait until today. Sadly, I only got to take her for a drive yesterday and had to wait until today at lunchtime to sign the paperwork and bring her home. So far I've only driven her for a half hour or so; when I get time and we get decent weather I'll get some real driving in and give a full report, but for now here are my observations:
  • The rapid red is gorgeous in good light; gray overcast skies don't do it justice. I was able to get that shot this afternoon during the 20 minutes the sun came out (it's good to be working from home). The "fastback" effect with the red pillar and black upper roof really comes through on the red in sunlight.
  • The cabin is very quiet, and I don't hear any buzzing/ringing from the displays with fans and radio off
  • The last time I saw one was back in November, and it's a little bit taller than I remembered (but of course it's replacing a Mustang coupe).
  • It rides really nicely, and even with the seat in its lowest position getting in and out is basically "on level" - not higher or lower than my backside. I'm 5'11".
  • Playing with the combination of drive modes and 1pd in that short time was unproductive - I drove so little in each it's hard to say which I liked and which I didn't. I think my preference is 1PD in whisper and maybe engaged, but unbridled already has enough regen the 1PD was overkill so I'll probably leave it off in unbridled.
  • She's peppy once she gets moving, but off the line she takes a second or 2 to get up to a full gallop. From 20mph on up there's plenty of acceleration. Comparing it to my (now former) 2015 V6 mustang I would say that they're about even when my 2015 was in "normal" drive mode (D). My 2015 had a "sports" mode (S) that was more responsive than Scarlett off the line, but I think it would be dead even after Scarlett gets moving. I knew going in that I was getting the slowest Mach E, but I'm happy with the performance coming from my coupe.
  • Activating the modem and connecting my phone was easy, although of course I need the android update in a couple of weeks to rectify the PAAK issue
  • There's a bit of a learning curve going through the menus to remember where certain things are, but after a little bit of time with it you get the gist and can find things easily.

*** UPDATES ***
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...alifornia-route-1-aka-er-rwd.3520/post-110004
Congratulations Tim! Looks great thanks for the info