Benreeze3

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ext AWD
Country flag
I've been having an issue with my 2021 ME 4x for about 2 months now and hoping someone care share some tips. Currently I have the Ford Connected charging station set up at my office. Whenever plug in while at work, after about 5-15 min I receive a notification on the ford pass app stating that "scheduled charging did not begin". Then go and unplug and restart the process, over and over and over. It used to work perfectly fine. Below are a few steps to help rule out some issues.

1) In the settings menu, went to the charge tab and deleted all info out as specific charging times were not important to me. I did limit it to 80% while at the office, but cleared that out as well as I can just unplug when needed.
2) In the ford pass app, under vehicle - charging - charge settings, cleared everything out of there.
3) Recently took in my MME to get the windshield and roof recall done, and they gave me a MME extended range RWD. I plugged that in and it charged perfectly fine.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I’d take it in to the dealer and see if they can see any fault codes stored.

jrdelong1043

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic
Occupation
Utility Arborist
Country flag
I am having the exact same issue for months now. As you did, I noticed at work. We have an 80 amp ChargePoint and after 10-15 I get the notification that scheduled charge did not begin. I deleted the location, unplugged, plugged in again, still the same thing. Will not charge. I have don’t some experiments and at my home I’m able to adjust the amps in my ford connected charger. The car will charge at 30 amps and Below, anything above 30 It will not charge. I’ve had my car for over a year and it’s seems after I got the blues cruise update this started. I took it back to the dealer and they updated some modules, and it’s still doing it. Hopefully @Ford Motor Company is aware of this. DC charging doesn’t affect it.

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
Make sure the charger is receiving full power. You may want to cycle the circuit breaker supplying it.

Theburn16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
My car just started doing this a week or so ago. I tried a different charger and it wasn’t the charger, but also have been able to use a slower charger at work and it charged just fine…so last night I turned down the amps from 40 to 24 on my home charger and it charged all night.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I am having the exact same issue for months now. As you did, I noticed at work. We have an 80 amp ChargePoint and after 10-15 I get the notification that scheduled charge did not begin. I deleted the location, unplugged, plugged in again, still the same thing. Will not charge. I have don’t some experiments and at my home I’m able to adjust the amps in my ford connected charger. The car will charge at 30 amps and Below, anything above 30 It will not charge. I’ve had my car for over a year and it’s seems after I got the blues cruise update this started. I took it back to the dealer and they updated some modules, and it’s still doing it. Hopefully @Ford Motor Company is aware of this. DC charging doesn’t affect it.
Hello, Joe! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this charge concern. Thanks!

josh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
n/a
Country flag
I just wanted to add my experience to those who have already posted. I started having this same issue after the BlueCruise update, with my level 2 Chargepoint Home Flex suddenly unable to charge my car for more than 15 minutes before stopping. I could charge all the way using the mobile charger connected to a 120V plug, and after leaving my car at the dealership for 5 days they were unable to replicate the issue. I brought it home, plugged it into my level 2 charger, and the error occurred after about 10 min. After reading this thread I changed my charger from 50A max (installed and used at this setting for over a year; the car should be able to accept up to 48A) to 30A max and now the charging error is fixed. My car charged to my max charge setting without error over the course of a few hours. There is something going on that is likely software related. Hopefully there will be a fix soon.

AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium eAWD Ext Range, Rapid Red
Country flag
Did you solve this issue? I'm running into the exact same thing now. When charging with my 40amp Grizzl-e I'm now seeing the same error "scheduled charging did not begin". I've taken the steps described in this thread such as deleting the charging location and schedule and still getting the error. When charging with 32 amp set on my Grizzl-e I don't get the error.

If you had this addressed, what was the fix? Thank you!

josh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
n/a
Country flag
Just as a quick update, Ford has not corrected this issue with me. I had a chat with the BEV team who punted to the dealership, but speaking to the dealership has gotten me nowhere. They said charging happened just fine on their level 2 chargers, but also conceded that the voltage was likely much lower than 48A, and possibly as low as 20A (they have several from 20A to 40A and didn't know which one was used to test my car). I am still waiting to hear when I can bring the car back into the dealership, but have to wait for a loaner to become available.

jrdelong1043

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic
Occupation
Utility Arborist
Country flag
Did you solve this issue? I'm running into the exact same thing now. When charging with my 40amp Grizzl-e I'm now seeing the same error "scheduled charging did not begin". I've taken the steps described in this thread such as deleting the charging location and schedule and still getting the error. When charging with 32 amp set on my Grizzl-e I don't get the error.

If you had this addressed, what was the fix? Thank you!
I am still currently waiting to bring my car into the dealer still. Ford did reach out to me and created a case number for me. I fortunately, no update at this time. For now I’m just charging below 30 amps.

Rogerb307

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium AWD
Country flag
Hello, Joe! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this charge concern. Thanks!
How do I send you a private message on this forum regarding charging issues on my one week old MME?

OP
OP

Benreeze3

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ext AWD
Country flag
UPDATE: It's been a month after the original positing and wanted to let everyone know what my experience has been. I took it to my local Ford dealer to try to get it resolved, and the tech said they they had another MachE GT have this same issue. They stated that they just had to reset a portion of the computer that was effected with the Blue Cruise update. Additionally, I asked that reseal a portion of the windshield that was letting air in. After a week at the shop, they informed me that the windshield had broken when they went to reseal it and a new one was 3 weeks out. Got the car back on Friday afternoon and everything seemed fine. Got to work this morning, went to plug it in, and after 15 min, the same "Scheduled charge did not being". Had my electrician come out and try to switch it to a 30 Amp and within 25 seconds the breaker flipped. After 2 or 3 attempts, we decided to go back to the 50 Amp.

A few notes:
1) The rental my local ford dealer was a 2021 MachE primum extended rage with no Blue Cruise update. Charged perfect fine on my charger.
2) Plugged into a Electrify America 150 & 350 kWh chager (separate trips) - no issue.

Have another appointment set up with a different ford dealership 2 weeks from now. From their side, they saw no issues, so they will run a full diagnostic.
Sponsored