Cobra95Kev

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Edge
Country flag
I know this may be not known yet but I already have a 240V 50 amp plug in my garage. I got them to throw it in last year when I got my solar system installed.

I know the mobile charger that comes with the MachE can charge at 32 amps VS 40 amps with the Ford home charger. I am not really worried about this difference and I don’t think this difference is worth the 799 for the Ford charger.

But my question is how good is the scheduling on the mobile charger. I assume it will work with an app on your phone? Does anyone know if you can schedule to charge only during certain times? What about say if you want to stop charging at 85% and not 100%?

Thanks Kevin C.
Sponsored

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
The mobile charger will not do any scheduling at all--it is a "dumb" device that simply acts as an EVSE ("Electric Vehicle Service Equipment"--basically a GFI for the car--the real charger is in the car).

Don't fret, however, as you'll be able to schedule the charge in the car. Using either the dash or the app you'll be able to tell it "be ready by 6:00am" and it will be full at 6:00am (the Focus Electric had all this functionality and there is no reason to think the MME won't--We've seen screenshots of the UI in the car showing charge schedules of just this nature).

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Ford's told us that charge times can be scheduled via the interface in the car and also via their app. I can't recall whether it will let you set a stop charging level.

These features are independent of what EVSE is used.

Hplbiking

First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Occupation
Emgineer
Country flag
My 7 year wall charger has hour incremental delay starts. As far as charging to 85%, I never saw the need or a reason to do this. 7.5 years later and no battery degradation.

OP
OP

Cobra95Kev

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Edge
Country flag
You are probably right not necessary to limit to 85% since they already have about 10% reserved any way.
Thanks for the video also although it moves kind of fast. Maybe I am just getting old.

Mach-Luan

First Name
Luan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition Rapid Red reservation
Country flag
Annotation 2020-06-28 070745.jpg

From this video here:

So the intent is there...
Ford's told us that charge times can be scheduled via the interface in the car and also via their app. I can't recall whether it will let you set a stop charging level.

These features are independent of what EVSE is used.

Yes!

As I was finally able to see, sit in and touch the Mach-E in a FordStore showroom in Marseille, France, I could browse in the Sync interface and find how to schedule the charge.

Settings can be memorized according to different locations ("Lieux de recharge"). For example: at home and at work.

And two slots ("FenĂŞtre de charge") can be chosen.
That is important for me because in my area, there are two different off-peak slots set by my electricity provider.

IMG_5753D.jpg

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Yes!

As I was finally able to see, sit in and touch the Mach-E in a FordStore showroom in Marseille, France, I could browse in the Sync interface and find how to schedule the charge.

Settings can be memorized according to different locations ("Lieux de recharge"). For example: at home and at work.

And two slots ("FenĂŞtre de charge") can be chosen.
That is important for me because in my area, there are two different off-peak slots set by my electricity provider.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Scheduled charging with just The mobile charger IMG_5753D
But can you limit it to 80%, or will a scheduled charge always go to 100%?

Mach-Luan

First Name
Luan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition Rapid Red reservation
Country flag
But can you limit it to 80%, or will a scheduled charge always go to 100%?
You should be able to set the level of charge according the location…

See the picture:
• "Niveau de charge max." = Maximum level of charge
• "Vous pouvez […] ajuster votre niveau de charge max préféré" = You can […] set your preferred max level of charge"

Sorry for the blurry picture. Not much available light.
(and not because of the wine served for the event ?)

IMG_5757D.jpg

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

zaidahmad22a

First Name
Zaid Ahmad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fommy.com
Vehicles
vf
Occupation
SEO
Country flag
So... restricting your phone's charging during the night will save battery life during the day?
Best android chargers online.. I could see using an app to save power (e.g. turn down screen brightness and kill unused processes), but I don't think an app to stop your phone from charging at certain times would save power.
Sponsored