PA Bob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium RWD SB
Country flag
I always put my car's maintenance schedule on a spreadsheet. I read the interesting posts on the MME maintenance schedule. Rotate tires yearly.
Change cabin filter every 20k miles.
BATTERY - How long is the battery warrantied for? I usually see 4 yrs, but mine usually lasts 5 or 6 yrs. I read some posts that EV batts should last longer than ICE batts. I'm thinking I will hook up a multimeter every year and replace at 6 yrs if all goes well.

I am debating about the tire rotation. In PA we have to get a yearly inspection so I was going to take it to my regular mechanic (even though he owns a Tesla!) and have the inspections and tire rotation done there. Maybe this year I will do to my dealer.
Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I believe tire rotation schedule is 10k miles. For me, that is every 4 months. Instead, I checked the wear front to back and discovered that all 4 corners wear the same rate on my AWD model. I rotated at 19k and again at 45k if I remember correctly. New tires at 50k.

I presume you are asking about the 12v battery. It is an AGM type which is also used for ICE vehicles so they aren't EV specific. Be careful with your trickle charger. Get one that works for AGM and can read state of charge.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
EV low voltage batteries (at least the ones in the MME) are tiny little things. They hold very little charge, so any tiny little drain will eventually run it flat if the MME for some reason doesn’t engage the DC-DC converter to charge the LVB back up. I am unsure as to the warranty on the LVB, but I think it’s 1 year, then pro-rated warranty after that for a few more years. 🤔🐩
Sponsored