Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GB MME GT
Occupation
Grooper Senior Tech
Country flag
I’m not near my car at the moment. It’s miles away at the moment but I saw this in Scriptable this morning.

Does this mean the OTA is available now on the vehicle memory?

Or does it mean it is on a server waiting for my scheduled weekly check on Wednesday and will download it then, unless I do a manual check now?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Scriptable OTA Status 58A94CE4-EC68-4D48-AF9A-03AAEAAB2776
Sponsored

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
That means an update has been enabled for your car. The next time you drive it will download and install it.

The weekly schedule you mentioned is not to check for updates, but to install updates that require the car to be off an undrivable.

The only way to “Check for updates” and then subsequently download one if available is to drive the car.

OP
OP
bncwhite

bncwhite

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GB MME GT
Occupation
Grooper Senior Tech
Country flag
So just to clarify, I can’t turn the car on and go to the Software Update section, and collapse then expand to force that check? Driving is requiring instead of that shortcut approach?

OP
OP
bncwhite

bncwhite

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GB MME GT
Occupation
Grooper Senior Tech
Country flag
The car is at the dealer. They are going to update the GWM module, amongst other problems. Since the OTA is set for the car to retrieve it on the next drive, will there be issues with future OTAs if the dealer updates the GWM before the OTA has the chance to do it?

Or is this one situation why they put expirations on the OTAs?

Or does the car download the OTA, attempt to install and aborts because the GWM is already at the newest version?
Sponsored