Ironbear

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium FE Carbonized Gray, AWD, Long-Range
Country flag
I've been looking all over WA and OR for a black or carbonized grey exterior, black interior, long-range, AWD Premium or Premium FE for the last 3-4 weeks. I was not willing to pay above MSRP. I spent lots of time on this forum, different search filters, dealership websites, texts, emails, and phone calls.

During my search I discovered the following:

1. There are a lot of canceled orders, and has been widely discussed on this forum, dealerships are managing those very differently. I was immediately up front with my desire to only pay MSRP and continued to work exclusively with the dealerships that were selling at MSRP.

2. I did of course find several FCTP vehicles and again I heard many stories from dealers about when they could be sold. 4 months and 2,000 miles, 4 months and 4,000 miles, 4 months and 6,000 miles (with ADM!).

3. Some dealers will take a deposit or at least give you their word that you get dibs, and even let you take the FCTP for the day to get the mileage up. I had one that was going to be mine on June 12 (4 months to the day after the dealer took receipt) if nothing else turned up.

4. None of the dealers know much about these cars yet nor how to sell them. And the way they are flying off the shelves they probably won't have the time or need to know them. This made for relatively pressure free conversations with dealers and some who were very generous about letting me know when canceled orders came available.

Well, last night Bellevue Ford AutoNation texted to say they had one just roll off the truck. The original customer canceled way back in December. We live 65 miles away and they open at 9a, so I told them I would be there at 9. But...someone had already made an appointment to come test drive the car at 9. They agreed to have it washed, charged (so we can make it home!), and allow us to test drive at 8a. The rest was a formality. MSRP, $100 rebate, and no tricks.

So with a little patience, persistence, and luck I'm pretty sure anyone can find what they are looking for. Happy hunting friends!

And here is the bounty of my labor. We love everything about it!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Searched and searched...and Found One!! PXL_20210313_220804815
Sponsored

Ixoye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB FE Mach e, ā€˜16 fusion energi, ā€˜14 Focus EV
Country flag
I've been looking all over WA and OR for a black or carbonized grey exterior, black interior, long-range, AWD Premium or Premium FE for the last 3-4 weeks. I was not willing to pay above MSRP. I spent lots of time on this forum, different search filters, dealership websites, texts, emails, and phone calls.

1. There are a lot of canceled orders, and has been widely discussed on this forum, dealerships are managing those very differently. I was immediately up front with my desire to only pay MSRP and continued to work exclusively with the dealerships that were selling at MSRP.

2. I did of course find several FCTP vehicles and again I heard many stories from dealers about when they could be sold. 4 months and 2,000 miles, 4 months and 4,000 miles, 4 months and 6,000 miles (with ADM!).

3. Some dealers will take a deposit or at least give you their word that you get dibs, and even let you take the FCTP for the day to get the mileage up. I had one that was going to be mine on June 12 (4 months to the day after the dealer took receipt) if nothing else turned up.

4. None of the dealers know much about these cars yet nor how to sell them. And the way they are flying off the shelves they probably won't have the time or need to know them. This made for relatively pressure free conversations with dealers and some who were very generous about letting me know when canceled orders came available.

Well, last night Bellevue Ford AutoNation texted to say they had one just roll off the truck. The original customer canceled way back in December. We live 65 miles away and they open at 9a, so I told them I would be there at 9. But...someone had already made an appointment to come test drive the car at 9. They agreed to have it washed, charged (so we can make it home!), and allow us to test drive at 8a. The rest was a formality. MSRP, $100 rebate, and no tricks.

So with a little patience, persistence, and luck I'm pretty sure anyone can find what they are looking for. Happy hunting friends!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Searched and searched...and Found One!! PXL_20210313_220804815
Congrats!

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag

Great story!

moral of the story is that patients pays off!

congrats!

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Patience and perseverance for the win. I called every dealer in every bordering state that showed a mach-e in stock. It took a while and a lot of work, but I found a rapid red premium awd extended for my wife. We fell in love and now Iā€™m back on the search for one for me.

OP
OP
Ironbear

Ironbear

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Patience and perseverance for the win. I called every dealer in every bordering state that showed a mach-e in stock. It took a while and a lot of work, but I found a rapid red premium awd extended for my wife. We fell in love and now Iā€™m back on the search for one for me.
Happy wife....:) Good for you and her! We know the Mach E love story well. It is a great experience so far. I let my 17-year-old son drive 1.5 hours home from the dealership while I followed in our old car. We then spent all day and most of the evening creating driving errands that just needed to be done right away and playing with with the technology. Found ourselves listening to music in the car in the dark garage at 10p still learning features and setting profiles. A new generation of Ford Mustang fans are born.

Good luck on your search for a second. You know the drill well and should strike gold relatively soon this time. I did find gray FE at a dealership in Virginia that was for sale at MSRP. I briefly considered a one-way flight and cross-country road trip. It would be an easy day trip for you!

OP
OP
Ironbear

Ironbear

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Great story!

moral of the story is that patients pays off!

congrats!
Indeed; thank you!

We too have a Leaf. Started the EV adventure with a lease 9 years ago and are on our third one now. They are great little car, but the Mach E is in an entirely other dimension, light years ahead of even the current Leaf.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Indeed; thank you!

We too have a Leaf. Started the EV adventure with a lease 9 years ago and are on our third one now. They are great little car, but the Mach E is in an entirely other dimension, light years ahead of even the current Leaf.
I passed my Leaf down to my 17yr old.

still looks new

A39C29AC-7551-4A07-AFD6-0BF5D01F4F58.jpeg

MitchAK

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME 4X IB , 2021 F150 Hybrid
Occupation
Power Production
Country flag

PXL_20210313_220804815.jpg
I am so excited for you and this is such great news for me closing my deal with same dealer.
I got a cancelled order from a member and itā€™s from Autonation Bellevue Ford! I did the reservation in February and the car showed up 4/7.
They handled the recall and PCM right away. And itā€™s going to be dropped off at the port for me. Every step with them has been straight forward, amicable and just felt right.
I even noticed with just pictures that my Pano seems misaligned. This was after my wire transfer and them fed ex the contract.
My guy there text right back, already on it.
We did similar research and I almost had a First Edition a month or two ago, but I wonā€™t name names (cough Damerow Ford ?) horrible to say the least. However, Iā€™m biased as I wanted MSRP at most they only cared about themselves, how dare they. ?
Since November Iā€™ve had different reservations and even kept grasping for something immediately while still waiting on Bellevue to get mine. Still feels surreal I paid for mine which is on continental pavement now, canā€™t wait for it to hit the boat and touch Alaskan soil
Autonation rocks

Ford Mustang Mach-E Searched and searched...and Found One!! 9D14A5FB-0CF2-4915-893B-E27A5EB21916

Ford Mustang Mach-E Searched and searched...and Found One!! 83900A7A-56A1-413B-8382-A876303ECB68

Last edited:

Mantooth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I am so excited for you and this is such great news for me closing my deal with same dealer.
I got a cancelled order from a member and itā€™s from Autonation Bellevue Ford! I did the reservation in February and the car showed up 4/7.
They handled the recall and PCM right away. And itā€™s going to be dropped off at the port for me. Every step with them has been straight forward, amicable and just felt right.
I even noticed with just pictures that my Pano seems misaligned. This was after my wire transfer and them fed ex the contract.
My guy there text right back, already on it.
We did similar research and I almost had a First Edition a month or two ago, but I wonā€™t name names (cough Damerow Ford ?) horrible to say the least. However, Iā€™m biased as I wanted MSRP at most they only cared about themselves, how dare they. ?
Since November Iā€™ve had different reservations and even kept grasping for something immediately while still waiting on Bellevue to get mine. Still feels surreal I paid for mine which is on continental pavement now, canā€™t wait for it to hit the boat and touch Alaskan soil
Autonation rocks

Ford Mustang Mach-E Searched and searched...and Found One!! 83900A7A-56A1-413B-8382-A876303ECB68

This car looks familiar...

MitchAK

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME 4X IB , 2021 F150 Hybrid
Occupation
Power Production
Country flag
This car looks familiar...
My previous commuter was a Ford Focus ST and my wife and kids didnā€™t ever get smushed in there with me for any joy rides.
I got a feeling there is going to be a lot of trips to the store together very soon in this one.
Probably get a dozen eggs... back and forth one egg at a time ?
I think the delays were all intentional because itā€™s clearly getting nicer out and they didnā€™t want the car too dirty from all my nonsense trips Iā€™ll be making
Sponsored