Seat adjustments and comfort

WFU03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium ER AWD; 2020 Chevy Bolt
Country flag
Am I the only one who has a hard time finding a comfortable driving position? I still find myself fiddling with the seat settings. I've tried higher, lower, further forward, back, etc. and I can never quite get it to where I find it great.

I'm 5'10" and pretty normal proportions, so I would imagine I should be able to find a comfortable setting.

Anyone else having issues or does anyone have any tips or "ah hah" moments on adjustments?
Sponsored

OP
OP

WFU03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'll see if I can pinpoint that when I drive later today.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
To me, I think its the lack of a tilt on the seat. I think it sits too flat for me to get in a comfortable position.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
Ironically, my last car, a 2009 Edge, had seat tilt in it but I could never get that seat as comfortable as this Mach E. The Mach E seat, to me, is a very comfortable seat to drive in.

Daraiders76

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium, 2008 Acura MDX, 2002 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
To me, I think its the lack of a tilt on the seat. I think it sits too flat for me to get in a comfortable position.
???!!! Couldn’t agree more. I’ve hade my car for almost 5 months now and from day one I’ve said how it feels like a ride too high from the lack of tilt!

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I've struggled with this, too. For me, I think the issue is the positioning of the instrument cluster and the fact that data is displayed out to it's upper right corner.

I can't see the full display and have the seat and steering wheel all in comfortable positions at the same time.

So I compromise on display visibility in order to have comfortable seating and steering positions.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Am I the only one who has a hard time finding a comfortable driving position? I still find myself fiddling with the seat settings. I've tried higher, lower, further forward, back, etc. and I can never quite get it to where I find it great.

I'm 5'10" and pretty normal proportions, so I would imagine I should be able to find a comfortable setting.

Anyone else having issues or does anyone have any tips or "ah hah" moments on adjustments?
Any update after a few months?

I find the seats just uncomfortable after about 20mins of driving but thankfully I'm not taking long road trips with the Mach-E. My guess is they are simply too thin after examining them. There isn't much padding and I can feel whatever is underneath by pushing hard.

I never had this issue no matter the seating position on my last two EVs (ID.4 and Model Y). The cloth seat of the ID.4 reminded me of a cheap padded Office Depot chair (non Herman Miller style). Fine for a few hours. The Model Y was just "acceptable" and hoping maybe getting some seat cushion to get the Mach-E to that level.

OP
OP

WFU03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Any update after a few months?

I find the seats just uncomfortable after about 20mins of driving but thankfully I'm not taking long road trips with the Mach-E. My guess is they are simply too thin after examining them. There isn't much padding and I can feel whatever is underneath by pushing hard.

I never had this issue no matter the seating position on my last two EVs (ID.4 and Model Y). The cloth seat of the ID.4 reminded me of a cheap padded Office Depot chair (non Herman Miller style). Fine for a few hours. The Model Y was just "acceptable" and hoping maybe getting some seat cushion to get the Mach-E to that level.
Somewhat better. I basically had to adjust my driving position expectation from that of a crossover (higher up) to that of a sedan (lower) and it seems to work better. I feel like my view over the long hood is compromised a bit though.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Somewhat better. I basically had to adjust my driving position expectation from that of a crossover (higher up) to that of a sedan (lower) and it seems to work better. I feel like my view over the long hood is compromised a bit though.
I will try a dedicated “driver seat” cushion next. I want to keep the higher crossover position and not lower nor lay further back.

The light gray material of the Premium seats look fantastic but something amiss with the padding inside. I noticed this on the test drive just before I purchased the car (fresh off truck with clear plastic wrapping over the seats)

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Somebody on Facebook recommended it and it has made a noticeable difference.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RP1WPSF

My Premium RWD has gone from "mild pain in the butt and lower back" after 20 minutes of driving to "I can drive for an hour plus" without the same issue. I do not have any back issues nor have I ever had an issue with such discomfort in other cars. I'm not even overweight either. I tried all sorts of lumbar positions with no discernable difference.

The Premium bottom seat cushion just lacks padding IMO. I can feel whatever hard plastic or metal is the bottom of the seat like you would on a cheap Office Depot chair.
Sponsored

Last edited: