Daraiders76

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium, 2008 Acura MDX, 2002 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
So on a few occasions I will have one of my kids get out of the car and I get a seat belt warning for the seat where they were at. They had the belt on but upon leaving I’m getting the red warning light on my small monitor saying someone is not buckled in. Any clue what’s up with this?
Sponsored

Ixoye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB FE Mach e, ‘16 fusion energi, ‘14 Focus EV
Country flag
So on a few occasions I will have one of my kids get out of the car and I get a seat belt warning for the seat where they were at. They had the belt on but upon leaving I’m getting the red warning light on my small monitor saying someone is not buckled in. Any clue what’s up with this?
are you questioning why after they get out of the car it still shows red "!"? My assumption is when the alert is triggered the car was still moving and the seatbelt was removed which popped up the alert which is now stuck until you click ok. Then the door is opened and kid gets out which unfortunately doesn't update the warning pop up. Nothing appears to other than clicking OK or turning off the car and starting it again.

OP
OP
Daraiders76

Daraiders76

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
are you questioning why after they get out of the car it still shows red "!"? My assumption is when the alert is triggered the car was still moving and the seatbelt was removed which popped up the alert which is now stuck until you click ok. Then the door is opened and kid gets out which unfortunately doesn't update the warning pop up. Nothing appears to other than clicking OK or turning off the car and starting it again.
Where do you click ok? The warning comes up on the smaller screen in front of the steering wheel.

Ixoye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB FE Mach e, ‘16 fusion energi, ‘14 Focus EV
Country flag
Steering wheel right side button
Ford Mustang Mach-E Seat Belt Warnings - False Positives 922F3460-9325-440A-B631-6E29976D085C

mixduptransistor

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Mach E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
In case it's not clear, you push "in" on the volume up/down nubbin to press OK on an alert on the gauge cluster

OP
OP
Daraiders76

Daraiders76

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
ahhhh!! I feel dumb as hell!! Everytime that happens I just deal with it and think "WTF is wrong with this thing!!??!!??" lol

OP
OP
Daraiders76

Daraiders76

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
ahhhh!! I feel dumb as hell!! Everytime that happens I just deal with it and think "WTF is wrong with this thing!!??!!??" lol
In case it's not clear, you push "in" on the volume up/down nubbin to press OK on an alert on the gauge cluster
Annnnnd today when it happened when dropping off my daughters friend-of course it worked. I’m dumb!
Sponsored