ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
This issue keeps popping up over and over again on my mach-e randomly. Seats on a profile get set to what feels like the easy-out setting, meaning all the way down and back. I have to adjust and long press my memory buttons about once every two weeks.

It's annoying most of the time and scary when I have my kids in the back since they are in car seats. I've checked every profile and the easy entry/exit option is turned off. Any ideas on what could be happening. We have two profiles set in the car, mine and my wife's.
Sponsored

orangethunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
On order
Country flag
When it is having the issue is it set to one of the two profiles or guest profile? Mine was wonky for a couple weeks a year or so ago. A soft reboot seemed to sort it (vol down and track forward on steering wheel for ten second) at the time and hasn’t reoccurred.

Separately, if I get in car and shift immediately to drive after buckling, the seat sometimes hasn’t began moving to profile position and won’t do so while car in drive.

OP
OP
ThatGuyLando

ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
When it is having the issue is it set to one of the two profiles or guest profile? Mine was wonky for a couple weeks a year or so ago. A soft reboot seemed to sort it (vol down and track forward on steering wheel for ten second) at the time and hasn’t reoccurred.

Separately, if I get in car and shift immediately to drive after buckling, the seat sometimes hasn’t began moving to profile position and won’t do so while car in drive.
In this last occurrence it's as if the easy entry position overrode the profile, since hitting my wifes profile (#2) caused the seat to go all the way back. I was literally the previous driver and left it in my position (#1).

Hers was never overridden manually since when I got in it was in her previously normal position.

AliRafiee

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT - Grabber Blue
Occupation
Software Eng.
Country flag
For me it gets confused sometimes. But gets to where it’s supposed to be when I hit my button on the door before I drive away.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
This issue keeps popping up over and over again on my mach-e randomly. Seats on a profile get set to what feels like the easy-out setting, meaning all the way down and back. I have to adjust and long press my memory buttons about once every two weeks.

It's annoying most of the time and scary when I have my kids in the back since they are in car seats. I've checked every profile and the easy entry/exit option is turned off. Any ideas on what could be happening. We have two profiles set in the car, mine and my wife's.
As someone mentioned, look to see if the guest profile Is active.

One workaround is to set your preset as the guest preset as well.

You could also check and set the 3rd seat preset to you as well.

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
Mine has been wonky for a long time. If my wife drives it sets the seat to her profile and moves down and back for her to exit. My issue is that when I go to get in the car it doesn't move back for me and I can't get in under the steering wheel. I have to push the button on the door and it moves to my position.

I don't know if this is normal, but that's been my experience probably since day 1, far back as I can remember anyway.

Other times, it'll be in the easy access position but won't move up and I have to push the button to get it to move.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag

Hi there! I can look into your Mach-E's seat concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Mach-E's VIN?
Sponsored