Seatbelt buckle scratches?

Fury16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
I recently watched a review video in which a Mach E owner said that the seatbelt buckles had scratched the interior plastic pillars on the drivers and passenger side panels. Does anyone else have this issue? We just picked up our Mach E and are trying to come up with a solution so this doesn’t occur. Thoughts so far are covering the area with 3M film. Anyone have a solution or suggestion?
Sponsored

efisher

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E on order
Country flag
I recently watched a review video in which a Mach E owner said that the seatbelt buckles had scratched the interior plastic pillars on the drivers and passenger side panels. Does anyone else have this issue? We just picked up our Mach E and are trying to come up with a solution so this doesn’t occur. Thoughts so far are covering the area with 3M film. Anyone have a solution or suggestion?
It was not something I noticed until I saw the same video. It does seem to be an issue. (Minor scratches nothing major.) It does not bug me that much, but I can see how it might bother the OCD set.

cjljr41

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e Premium 4X, '23 Escape Platinum Hybrid
Country flag
Mine are also scratched. Now I make a concerted effort to check if it's lodged before yanking it (here come the jokes...).

GoIrish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium AWD Ext Range
Country flag
This has already happened to mine and I sometimes hang with the OCD crowd...is there a way to fix this?

juggler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Select
Country flag
This has already happened to mine and I sometimes hang with the OCD crowd...is there a way to fix this?
My door interior panel is scratched to heck - did you find a solve? This seems like a design flaw/tolerance stack issue to not allow the buckle to rest without interference between the seat and the door panel @Ford Motor Company

Ford Mustang Mach-E Seatbelt buckle scratches? F2BBA7B6-4351-4E9F-A1A2-5269B44538F6

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
Wrap it in some felt.

cjljr41

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The trim piece costs $131 for those of us that it bothers enough to replace it. :p

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
The trim piece costs $131 for those of us that it bothers enough to replace it. :p
No point if it’s just going to get scratched again.

The plastics in this car are definitely soft and easily scratched.

Only solution is to put something to protect the sensitive areas.

In other cars, the cheapest/easiest fix was Velcro. I just use the felt side and stick a piece where needed.

RonOinAZ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 DMG Premium 4X
Country flag
Are the scuffs on the door panel caused by the buckle being pinched between the seat back & the door when the door is closing? Or are they caused by the belt snapping back into the stowed position after being unlatched?

cjljr41

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Are the scuffs on the door panel caused by the buckle being pinched between the seat back & the door when the door is closing? Or are they caused by the belt snapping back into the stowed position after being unlatched?
I noticed it's from the belt snapping back, and the buckle being dislodged from between the seat and pillar when fastening my belt.

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Job 1 2021 Mach-E (SR AWD)
Country flag
It's pretty appalling how easily the interior of this car scratches. You'd think they never made a car before.

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT - Star White
Country flag
Seems like the interior just scuffs or smudges if you look at it. So, I just got the interior ceramic coated. I pick it up tomorrow. I'll let you know if it helps.
Sponsored