Seats not returning to driving position

TheBluf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Sonata
Country flag
Is anyone else having a problem that their seat moves back to help you get out of the car like it should, but then fails to go back forward when you start the car again? Luckily, I've saved my seat position in memory, but it's annoying to have to do this half of the times when I re-enter the car.

I will note that I often get a note that it can't find my key right after it (paradoxically) starts the car, so maybe it's just not seeing my key (and thus the seat position that it should be in?)
Sponsored

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Is anyone else having a problem that their seat moves back to help you get out of the car like it should, but then fails to go back forward when you start the car again? Luckily, I've saved my seat position in memory, but it's annoying to have to do this half of the times when I re-enter the car.

I will note that I often get a note that it can't find my key right after it (paradoxically) starts the car, so maybe it's just not seeing my key (and thus the seat position that it should be in?)
That probably is the case. It does not know the setting if it does not recognize the paired key. My assumption

OP
OP
TheBluf

TheBluf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Sonata
Country flag
That probably is the case. It does not know the setting if it does not recognize the paired key. My assumption
If that's the case, I hope PAAK gets better soon. It works...but definitely is buggy. I feel like I'm beta testing it (although, I generally love the car).

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Does it have issues if you use the key fob?

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
I have my keyfob set as my profile key, and it definitely moves back to my preferred setting when starting it with the keyfob present.

Haven't done much with PaaK though.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
My Edge does this. It will randomly just not put the seat up to the right spot when you start the car. It just happens randomly and I've never figured out a pattern to it.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Kinda a bummer that PAAK is so unreliable. It's a great idea on paper. I think I prefer a credit card size fob as key better.

PeeCee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Red Mustang MachE
Country flag
I have the same issue, I have both the FOB on me and I also use PaaK. About 20% of the time, the car will not put the seat in the proper configuration when I sit in the car. I did create a second profile for my wife, but we didn't assign a phone as key for her, but the seat doesn't go into her position either (she's smaller than me and the seat barely moves). If I press the "1" setting on the door, it puts it proper, but most of the time, it wont do it automatically.. just sometimes.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I have the same issue, I have both the FOB on me and I also use PaaK. About 20% of the time, the car will not put the seat in the proper configuration when I sit in the car. I did create a second profile for my wife, but we didn't assign a phone as key for her, but the seat doesn't go into her position either (she's smaller than me and the seat barely moves). If I press the "1" setting on the door, it puts it proper, but most of the time, it wont do it automatically.. just sometimes.
Interesting. That feature has been totally reliable for me. Maybe it's because I have the Easy Entry/Exit turned on?

PeeCee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Red Mustang MachE
Country flag
So this morning, I double checked in my profiles.

I have 2 profiles :Mine and my wife. My wife had no keyfob or phone attached to hers. I had a keyfob only attached to mine it seems - was very sure that I also had my phone on it, but it wasn't the case.

I tested the mirrors, and indeed, their position is set to a Profile Key. If I set them at 1, move it and press 1, the mirrors will go back to when I save the setting. So I guess the mirror moving was related to the "remembered profile" option.

However, this doesn't explain why sometimes the mirrors will still fold. The only other profile that's left is the guest profile. I didn't check if the mirrors are set on that one or not, but that would mean that sometimes the car is not able to detect the fob or phone and uses the Guest profile? Or maybe it would detect the Phone over the Fob and assign the Guest Profile because it didn't recognize the phone was assigned to a specific profile but PaaK was setup?

Anyways, I made sure both the Fob and Phone are set to my profile, deleted my wife's.. I didn't try to delete the Guest Profile yet. Hopefully this will fix the issue.

robbinbadams

First Name
Robbin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
California Route 1
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
My Edge does this. It will randomly just not put the seat up to the right spot when you start the car. It just happens randomly and I've never figured out a pattern to it.
My 2017 expedition does the same thing The thing is easy entry is set to off. My wife does not like easy entry because it pushes the driver seat back and makes it hard to put kids in car seats. If I turn on easy entry and back off again it will stop moving the seat back for awhile. Then it will start doing it again even though it says it’s off.
Sponsored