Seattle to Spokane in a Mach-E in mid-March - advice?

jericho

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
c8, Red '21 FE Mach E (traded), '23 Red GT
Country flag
need to be in Spokane for a couple of days in mid-march. Mapped it out in ABRP and it "seems" doable with my GT.
Any advice? are the EA chargers along the route reliable? What about EA chargers in Spokane itself (there seems to be one in Walmart). How is the weather in mid-march, i'm hoping all-seasons on my GT would be enough. Thanks in advance for any advice.

thanks.
Sponsored

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
As long as it's bare & wet over the pass, you be just fine with the stock all-season tires. Even a little light snow with Traction Tires Advised status will be OK.

Ellensburg EA station should be back to operational by mid-March (it's currently being overhauled with new hardware) and there's multiple charging options between Ellensburg and Spokane. If you leave Seattle with 100%, you'll get to Ellensburg with about 45-50% SoC. The quickest thing to do would be to charge to 80% then stop in Ritzville for charging and bathroom break. Alternatively, if you spend an extra 15 mins charging at Ellensburg to get to around 91-93%, you can straight shot to Spokane with a buffer.

OP
OP
jericho

jericho

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
c8, Red '21 FE Mach E (traded), '23 Red GT
Country flag
thanks @silverelan ! heres hoping that the pass will be bare and wet :p I'm hoping i can get a hotel with L2 charging - the Davenport Grand looks promising.

walla2

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Prem ER AWD, 2017 Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Clergy
Country flag
The Spokane Doubletree also has free L2 Charging; it's my usual goto, but I'm also a Hilton guy. Second floor of the garage. There's also a Tesla Destination Charger if you have a Tesla Tap.

I'd echo what is noted above about the Ellensburg station, but also note that the EA Station at Ritzville is down right now too, and has been touch-and-go - at one point there was only one station working. I'd triple check availability before you go.

So for the moment, the last EA station up is the one in North Bend.
From there, there's an EVgo 50kW station at Ritzville, but obviously, it will be much slower.
The next station from there is a 50 kW station in Sprague, and another one just outside of Airway Heights.

So as of today, this will be a slower trip than most would like.

That said, when things are working, it's fine. We drove Walla Walla to Whistler last winter. And while we don't do Seattle-Spokane, we do Gig Harbor-Walla Walla with some frequency, and it's doable. (Although we have the added benefit of an EA station in Yakima)

Travlcub

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Corporate Travel Consultant
Country flag
need to be in Spokane for a couple of days in mid-march. Mapped it out in ABRP and it "seems" doable with my GT.
Any advice? are the EA chargers along the route reliable? What about EA chargers in Spokane itself (there seems to be one in Walmart). How is the weather in mid-march, i'm hoping all-seasons on my GT would be enough. Thanks in advance for any advice.

thanks.
I’d let the nifty map show you where you’ll need to charge. However I’d personally go over the 90 and maybe Ellensburg to do a top off so to speak?

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Ellensburg is an absolute clusterfu*k these days. The reports of people stacked up waiting to charge there is now absurd.