Second high voltage warning and powertrain malfunction after replacing part in January of 2022

Daniel_San

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E AWD Extend Range
Occupation
Healthcare
Country flag
In November of 2022 I got my first high voltage and powertrain malfunction warning. So I took it to the dealer they had the car for 2 months waiting for the part finally in January I got the car back. Then last weekend I was driving home from a trip to Vegas. Before leaving Vegas I stopped at an electrify America and charged to 85% everything was fine then about 80 miles into my drive I pulled over at another electrify America in baker and charged back up to 80% to make sure I made it and everything was fine. Then about 30 miles in I got a service soon warning. And was about 60 miles from another charger. So was able to stop again at electrify America in Victorville and charge to make it home in upland. Got home woke up the next day and still got the warning. It was weird because the drive is only 220 miles and the car had a 100% charge which gave me 287 miles and I make it to Las Vegas with one stop but heading home took three stops. Has anyone had this experience also I don’t you any chargers but my home one unless I go on a trip like this then I only use electrify America.
Sponsored

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Your part was replaced in Jan of 2023 not 2022 - correct? Do you still have the SVS alarm? If so I would check to see which error codes you received. If you do not have a reader yourself there are those on the forum that can check to see what error codes your car is throwing. There has been only one reported case of a failed HVBJB of the upgraded variety but there has been quite a few weird errors going on lately from software updates.

OP
OP
Daniel_San

Daniel_San

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Healthcare
Country flag
Your part was replaced in Jan of 2023 not 2022 - correct? Do you still have the SVS alarm? If so I would check to see which error codes you received. If you do not have a reader yourself there are those on the forum that can check to see what error codes your car is throwing. There has been only one reported case of a failed HVBJB of the upgraded variety but there has been quite a few weird errors going on lately from software updates.
Yes I believe it was replaced either late December of 2022 or early Jan 2023. The car only says service vehicle soon only and I swear I remember the first time the it I got the warning in November the car said service vehicle soon plus another warning. I Can feel that The Car does have Reduced acceleration.

Update: went to auto zone and got this information. Still got an appointment tomorrow so hopefully it’s just a reboot and nothing more

IMG_1957.jpeg

Last edited:

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Yes I believe it was replaced either late December of 2022 or early Jan 2023. The car only says service vehicle soon only and I swear I remember the first time the it I got the warning in November the car said service vehicle soon plus another warning. I Can feel that The Car does have Reduced acceleration.

Update: went to auto zone and got this information. Still got an appointment tomorrow so hopefully it’s just a reboot and nothing more

Ford Mustang Mach-E Second high voltage warning and powertrain malfunction after replacing part in January of 2022 IMG_1957
Haha, AutoZone’s code reader can’t read EV codes FYI. Send me your VIN so I can take a look.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Not following the need to charge multiple times...

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

JRT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2wd Premium
Country flag
You can reboot by disconnecting the 12v battery. There are some strange observations with all the OTA updates. We keep having the main screen rebooting and losing our xm stations, and preferences for 1 peddle driving changing

OP
OP
Daniel_San

Daniel_San

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Healthcare
Country flag
Going to Vegas is up hill and I only charged once in baker about 120 miles in then make it but going home is mostly downhill and i had to charge twice before arriving home I wouldn’t make it home on one charge so had to stop the charge back up to 80% but then I wouldn’t make it to home after that as I kept losing range fast so had to charge one last time before I got home

Last edited:
OP
OP
Daniel_San

Daniel_San

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Healthcare
Country flag
You can reboot by disconnecting the 12v battery. There are some strange observations with all the OTA updates. We keep having the main screen rebooting and losing our xm stations, and preferences for 1 peddle driving changing
I would have done that but now it’s raining lol might still try

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Going to Vegas is up hill and I only charged once in baker about 120 miles in then make it but going home is mostly downhill and i had to charge twice before arriving home I wouldn’t make it home on one charge so had to stop the charge back up to 80% but then I wouldn’t make it to home after that as I kept losing range fast so had to charge one last time before I got home
If you're going downhill, you get much better efficiency than going uphill.

Your original post about issues and warning messages is all confused with the charging info, which has no bearing on the problem, no?

OP
OP
Daniel_San

Daniel_San

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Healthcare
Country flag
Going to Vegas is up hill and I only charged once in baker about 120 miles in then make it but going home is mostly downhill and i had to charge twice before arriving home
If you're going downhill, you get much better efficiency than going uphill.

Your original post about issues and warning messages is all confused with the charging info, which has no bearing on the problem, no?
well it happened on my trip so I added what I was doing when I got all these warnings. Trip home didn’t take me two stops about 6 months ago so I am thinking since the car is having issues like reduced power then mileage was effected

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Colder outside? Different tires? Air pressure in the tires? Headwind? Many a factor. And also possibly the battery or BMS being pissed about something showing a lower SOC than reality? Hard to call it. Oh and if you were driving in Whisper there's less regen fed to the battery coming down the hill than in Engage or Unshackled.