Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3e
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
I thought I'd post some follow up thoughts to my original post and some pics of our MME.

Some detailed YouTube videos to follow, including a performance test against my brother in-law's '67 Mustang. That will be fun.

Throttle - Ride
We've had very good luck smoothing out the ride. We decreased the tire pressure and spend most of our time in whisper mode. I understand that some users (smarter than I am) insist that the drive modes do not affect suspension. All I can say is that I notice a bug difference.

Attention
It won't stop. Everyone stops me and asks about the car. If you're trying to sneak around town, take the Volvo.

Mileage
I took it for a 2 hour round trip and got about 3.5 miles per kWh. Around town, there are short trips that calculate upward of 7.

One Pedal
I've been using this for the last day or so because I know there are mileage benefits. I recommend that people try this when they are alone so they don't annoy their passengers. You'll feel like a teenager learning to drive a stick. There's lots of jerking as you learn how softly to depress the pedal and how slowly to ease up on it.

I've started to think of it as though the pedal is stationary....rather than trying to push it and move it, I imagine myself pushing it the whole time just less so to slow down and more to speed up. But it's not a "remove your foot" kind of thing. 40 years of two pedal driving creates a habit. I don't know if that metaphor makes sense....it's one of those things you have to feel to understand. Like the difference between touching the iPhone fingerprint button but not pressing it.

Weather Floor Mats
My wife picked them up this weekend (not at delivery) and they look great. We spend a lot of time in the country....limestone/caliche roads...so it's a must for all our cars. Take em out, hose em off....easy peasy.

Phone As a Key
It took a few times the first time I tried it, but it's been very good since then.

Charging Status
I'm having trouble watching the charging status via the FordPass app. The app tells me to update my Connectivity Settings on the car, but when I try, I can't see what setting to change. I think I'll need to give it a few more tries.

Roominess
I mentioned this in my first post....but it's hard to explain how roomy it is. I measured this weekend and I have more headroom than my 2020 X3. Pretty impressive.

My wife
As I mentioned, it's her car and she has been a bit put out that I'm taking it for all my errands. She had it for a full day this weekend and texted me "I LOVE MY CAR."

This is the first time she's ever picked her own color and specs....she has always gone with the best deal as long as it has the basic features she wants. She's thrilled.

Pics below.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Second impressions and first photos of our Rapid Red MME IMG_1859
Ford Mustang Mach-E Second impressions and first photos of our Rapid Red MME IMG_1873
Ford Mustang Mach-E Second impressions and first photos of our Rapid Red MME IMG_1868
Ford Mustang Mach-E Second impressions and first photos of our Rapid Red MME IMG_1864
Ford Mustang Mach-E Second impressions and first photos of our Rapid Red MME IMG_1847
Ford Mustang Mach-E Second impressions and first photos of our Rapid Red MME IMG_1846
Ford Mustang Mach-E Second impressions and first photos of our Rapid Red MME IMG_1881

Kevin C

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e Infinite Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Thanks for the update. It's a beautiful car!
Sponsored