Second Key Fob / Reimbursement Policy - Oopsie Doopsie!

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag
Wanted to give everyone a heads-up that although the key fob program for Job 1 owners runs until August, the reimbursement program if you purchased a key fob ended on February 5th.

How do I know this? Well, the dealer sent me the notice yesterday about it, from when I was in about it on... February 7th. I had my 10,000 mi service done at the same time as giving them my paperwork for the fob.

Needless to say, I contact Ford Customer Service about it and now have an escalated case to see if I can be reimbursed.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Second Key Fob / Reimbursement Policy - Oopsie Doopsie! giphy
Sponsored

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
I received mine on Feb 9th without issue. Haven’t checked the Canada end date

OP
OP
KevinS

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag
Update: I was contacted by Ford and they're going to reimburse me in the form of a debit card after they review my dealer receipt.

So, hopefully this will all be sorted out soon!

Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium, Standard Range, RWD
Country flag
I'm aware of the 2nd key fob program, but never heard about the reimbursement program. Was this only valid if purchased from a dealer?

A lot of us bought from third parties (Keyless Entry Remote, eBay, etc.) so I'm assuming those would not be honored?

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I'm aware of the 2nd key fob program, but never heard about the reimbursement program. Was this only valid if purchased from a dealer?

A lot of us bought from third parties (Keyless Entry Remote, eBay, etc.) so I'm assuming those would not be honored?
It was the same program.
Correct, only expenses at the dealer were reimbursed.
I got mine from Car and Truck Remotes before the announcement, so I opted to get a 3rd fob.

Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium, Standard Range, RWD
Country flag
I had three and just got one of the F-150 remotes with the frunk release, and the dealer is supposed to give me my additional fob next time I go (supposedly for the delayed BC update). I guess I could sell it, since 4 is the max that can be programmed.

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag

I was reimbursed for my 3rd party fob purchase from Carandtruckremotes.com along with the dealer programming of that remote.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I was reimbursed for my 3rd party fob purchase from Carandtruckremotes.com along with the dealer programming of that remote.
Nice….for some reason, I was under the impression that wasn’t an option.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Just an FYI in case anyone is following along. Ford has extended the reimbursement expiration to August 5, 2023. My dealer accepted the receipt for the Lightning fob I bought from keylessentryremotefob.com. Now I guess I'll just have to wait and see how long it takes for Ford to send out the funds.

OldEVGuy

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium 4X
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I was also reimbursed for a third party key fob and the dealer programming. The dealer had to submit an invoice to Ford and wait for payment. The dealer sent me a check in about two weeks.
Sponsored