Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Not enabled for
Me yet. It will likely take time.
Sponsored

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Not enabled for
Me yet. It will likely take time.
I believe I saw you just got the 1.4.0 OTA a few days ago right?

I wonder if your update being successful hasn't fully updated on Ford's back-end. Its possible it waits until it sees for sure your car has that software build before its enabled in the App.

I got 1.4.0 6/28, and had the feature as soon as my FordPass updated this morning.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I believe I saw you just got the 1.4.0 OTA a few days ago right?

I wonder if your update being successful hasn't fully updated on Ford's back-end. Its possible it waits until it sees for sure your car has that software build before its enabled in the App.

I got 1.4.0 6/28, and had the feature as soon as my FordPass updated this morning.
Interesting. I went to the car at lunch and turned it on and off (I didn’t start it, just turned it on and off) thinking that might do something,, but no luck.
To be honest, this doesn’t sound like a feature I really care about (if I understand correctly, it just alerts you if a foot, or the hood is opened) so I won’t worry about it.

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
It seems useful. If you use PAAK, it does not alert. But if I use my fob, it does alert. So it seems this feature is meant to be used with PAAK.

Hopefully at some point they'll update it to not alert if the fob is detected as well.

Just to update this, I did get door open alert when using PAAK, so it does look like it alerts all the time.

But that is probably what the schedule is made for. Set it for hours when you know you wouldn't be using the car, like while you're at work, or sleeping.

musgang

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E California Route 1
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
How to get power up 1.4.0 update? I didn’t receive any OTA updates

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
How to get power up 1.4.0 update? I didn’t receive any OTA updates
All you can do is wait for now. We don't know what the release schedule looks like, or a way to force an update.

You can push the check for updates in the car, but until ford has released it to your car its just going to show up to date.

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
So far the only thing I've done that hasn't generated a SecuriAlert, is opening the charge port door.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
So with SecuriAlert enabled, I get a notification every time I open my door, whether using fob or PAAK. And, I also get an alert when I open FordPass….

Ford Mustang Mach-E SecuriAlert NEW Feature Enabled in Latest FordPass App Update 9B5E0C1D-9248-4745-8E7F-362ACCA604A8

So that’s obviously dumb. Nobody wants to get that all the time.

So I guess you’re supposed to set a schedule. But… what schedule do you set?

In what way is this feature at all useful? In what way does this feature provide any more security than the alarm combined with setting doors to automatically lock on walk away? Is this for people who don’t want to lock their cars? Who are these people that would actually find this useful?

I really want to know. Please. Somebody take your best stab at explaining how this (and let’s not forget “Intelligent Charging”) was a better use of Ford’s resources than developing any of the dozen or so software enhancements we’ve actually been asking for?

I am really, genuinely, truly trying to understand. I want to have faith that Ford is going to continually improve the software offerings. This is not giving me faith. So explain what I am missing. Please.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Has anyone noticed that SecuriAlert is global? Yup

Say you and the wife both have the car in your FordPass app. You turn on SecuriAlert--she will get a notification that you turned it on and it will turn on for her.

After doing some short errands she gets annoyed at the 20+ notifications that she got and turns it off in her FordPass....YOU get an alert that she turned it off (and it turns off for you).

So there isn't a way for one person to have it on and the other not at least at the vehicle level.

Checking the notification settings: There isn't a section where you can turn on/off SecuriAlert notifications there either.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Best I can tell it is a cloud based vehicle alarm. If someone tries to get into your car, instead of just having the car alarm go off it actually notifies you

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Best I can tell it is a cloud based vehicle alarm. If someone tries to get into your car, instead of just having the car alarm go off it actually notifies you
FordPass already sends notifications of alarm being triggered. Which is great. But why then do we also need this?! What is the point?

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My god. It even notifies me when I’ve been sitting in the car and open the door to get out. This is the stupidest piece of busy work I’ve ever seen.

GrumblesTheDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GB FE
Country flag
Anyone have success with scheduling? I turned my SecuriAlert on for funsies with a schedule set for evening/overnight hours, but I seem to get notifications regardless of time of day...maybe it needs time to push the schedule to the car?

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
So I think the way this is meant to be used us more like a home security system. If you're leaving the car somewhere public, or even at home but going to be gone, you "Arm" the car by enabling it. And then when you're using your car normally you would "Disarm" the system.

It's also possible this is laying the groundwork for Ford's version of a sentry mode. I could see when you get an alert for a door open, it someday including a capture from the cameras. And possibly a way to view them live.

Obviously this is speculation. I have no I insight to things at Ford.
Sponsored