Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Based upon this article, the answer is almost certainly “no.”

https://amp.freep.com/amp/6559242001

The antitheft technology will begin going to market as as an accessory sold through Ford, Amazon.com, big box stores and other retailers early next year. …

This kit, which might be compared to the doorbell camera that's become so popular, uses professional ADT monitoring with live agents and is available through subscription. This accessory will not integrate with vehicle cameras and systems. Customers will be able to control the system, monitor video via livestream and get threat alerts through a smartphone app.

This monitoring technology will eventually be available for even more new and used trucks and vans while expanding to new and used SUVs and sedans, not just Ford products, the company said.
If they are starting off by selling a hardware kit, I think it is highly doubtful this will eventually work with our existing hardware. Like, I’d put the chances at under 10%. I’d put the chances of Ford clarifying this at under 1%.

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
Hey @Ford Motor Company
Will this camera system be available for the Mach-e using the camera system that is used for 360?
really really need to add this feature.

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2022/01/18/ford-and-adt.html
“The first products to be manufactured and sold will be available in the U.S. and the U.K. for the industry’s highest-volume commercial and retail pickups and vans – including the Ford F-150, F-150 Lightning, Transit vans and E-Transit – and will be easily installable by customers to protect expensive work and recreational equipment.”

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
This sucks. Anything with ADT sucks.

And with this lame partnership, it all but kills the chances of us getting a Tesla-like Sentry mode as an OTA update. Why would Ford give that to us for free when they can have ADT charge us?

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
This sucks. Anything with ADT sucks.

And with this lame partnership, it all but kills the chances of us getting a Tesla-like Sentry mode as an OTA update. Why would Ford give that to us for free when they can have ADT charge us?
I always assumed Ford would want to sell this to us, like BlueCruise. But I think Ford is highly unlikely to even do that because they are entering into a partnership with ADT. I'm confused as to how this "kit" will even be materially different or better than other third party solutions given that it is not going to utilize existing hardware.
Sponsored