horsiedad

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E FE BMW 328D
Country flag
    Featured
How does this hitch/install compare to the TorkLift hitch? Less cutting, more cutting, etc.
I am not familiar with the TorkLift hitch.

Advertisement

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford Fusion Energi, 2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
Country flag
That's clever! I remember Car and Driver got one of those "stealth hitches" for a long-term BMW X7 a while back. I'm curious as to why Ford wouldn't offer something like this as a factory option. I mean, the ID.4 has it, so why not the Mach-E? My guess is that since this is badged a Mustang, it's a more performance-oriented car, so I guess Ford didn't expect many people to ask for one.

ArtyMachy

First Name
Arthur
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I would be very interested but plastic cover to cover the opening is a must. In cold climate I would have way too much accumulation of calcium deposits and gravel in a hard to clean area.
No go till the cover comes with a hitch . Other wise beautiful design

Nick Nick

Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E RWD SR
Country flag
That's clever! I remember Car and Driver got one of those "stealth hitches" for a long-term BMW X7 a while back. I'm curious as to why Ford wouldn't offer something like this as a factory option. I mean, the ID.4 has it, so why not the Mach-E? My guess is that since this is badged a Mustang, it's a more performance-oriented car, so I guess Ford didn't expect many people to ask for one.
I remember a story about Toyota execs going to Australia and being surprised that Aussies will use anything to tow (Corollas, Yaris etc!).
And why today so many cars when being sold in Australia have towing available

NormF

First Name
Norm
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e, Bullitt Mustang, Taycan Turbo, 56 Chev
Country flag
Nice installation. i called Stealth and asked to be put on their list for a hitch with 1.25 receiver for a bike rack. Delivery date uncertain. I encourage other MME owners to call them if you need a hitch. More orders might encourage them to complete the final version.

Advertisement

Advertisement