Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
What is the guess for safely pulling something with MME as far as towing capacity goes? The idea of a hitch sounds intriguing but I also donā€™t wanna mess up the car.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
What is the guess for safely pulling something with MME as far as towing capacity goes? The idea of a hitch sounds intriguing but I also donā€™t wanna mess up the car.
In Europe, the MME was originall rated for 750 kg (1,653 lbs). Ford has announced an increase to 1,000 kg (2,205 pounds), but it's unclear if that will just be for the new model year.

amheis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium
Country flag
I emailed Stealth today and got the same reply about them looking for someone in Atlanta to test. Said it could be 6-8 weeks after that if all goes smoothly. Price would be similar to the Tesla 3 hitch.

Gary Hankins

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I emailed Stealth today and got the same reply about them looking for someone in Atlanta to test. Said it could be 6-8 weeks after that if all goes smoothly. Price would be similar to the Tesla 3 hitch.
Don't want to be a downer but, my dealer advised that installing a hitch and towing anything will void our warranty.

Seth

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E, 1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1
Country flag
I spoke with Stealth Hitches today and they informed me that they had a MME in the shop two weeks to re-design the hitch and get it ready for production. I was told that it should be available to order in August. I love the idea of a hitch without having a receiver always showing. Will definitely make hauling bikes easier.

Spooky

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
FYI Stealth Hitches have it on their site now for shipping end of August:

https://stealthhitches.com/products/ford-hitch-shr11001?rq=yr_2021~mk_ford~md_mustang-mach-e

Edit: With how the removable receiver hangs down I have a tiny bit of hope it is down far enough to not need to cut the bumper fasciaā€¦.but Iā€™m not going to hold my breath.

Also going to be interesting to see if it allows for more clearence using the 1up bike rackā€¦some of the hitch installs with that rack shows very minimal spacing of the vertical bar clearing the back of the MME.

Seth

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E, 1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1
Country flag
FYI Stealth Hitches have it on their site now for shipping end of August:

https://stealthhitches.com/products/ford-hitch-shr11001?rq=yr_2021~mk_ford~md_mustang-mach-e

Edit: With how the removable receiver hangs down I have a tiny bit of hope it is down far enough to not need to cut the bumper fasciaā€¦.but Iā€™m not going to hold my breath.

Also going to be interesting to see if it allows for more clearence using the 1up bike rackā€¦some of the hitch installs with that rack shows very minimal spacing of the vertical bar clearing the back of the MME.
Thanks for sharing this!

WPJoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX
Country flag
Hi - I have been trying to understand one thing...

I know that this hitch and the stealt hitch both have 350 lbs of tongue weight to support my bike rack and 4 bikes, but everything I check says that if the car's tongue weight is lower, it doesnt matter what the hitch tongue weight is...it wont be safe to exceed the car tongue weight.

I have not been able to find information anywhere about the US Mach-e tongue weight and whether I can rely on the hitch tongue weight, or whether the car tongue weight is too low to support those bikes?

Thanks

Spooky

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Hi - I have been trying to understand one thing...

I know that this hitch and the stealt hitch both have 350 lbs of tongue weight to support my bike rack and 4 bikes, but everything I check says that if the car's tongue weight is lower, it doesnt matter what the hitch tongue weight is...it wont be safe to exceed the car tongue weight.

I have not been able to find information anywhere about the US Mach-e tongue weight and whether I can rely on the hitch tongue weight, or whether the car tongue weight is too low to support those bikes?

Thanks
Not sure you will find it for the US Mach-e. The manual seems to not address tongue weight since it plainly says the Mach-e is not approved for towingā€¦they ignore the concept of a hitch for a bike rack or cargo shelf, although they do say those things interfere with auto break when backing up, etc.

Likely the US Mach-E and the EU Mach-E have the same capabilities in regard to tongue weight, but Iā€™ve never seen US/NA Ford say anything about it so It is ambiguous.

daviper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT
Country flag
Looking forward to seeing images of the Stealth Hitches product installed! Will likely order one once production photos and installation instructions are available.
Sponsored

Last edited: