Seth

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E, 1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1
Country flag
Looking forward to seeing images of the Stealth Hitches product installed! Will likely order one once production photos and installation instructions are available.
I'm in the same boat. I have asked details of how much of the paneling needs to be cut. As long as the bumper fascia or plastic near the reverse light doesn't need to be cut, I am for sure in. Based on what they told me it should just be a small cutout where the paneling and plastic meet.
Sponsored

AEtherScythe

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E, Ford Escape Hybrid
Occupation
Sr. IT/Product Architect; Enterprise and Cloud Manageability Engineering
Country flag
I'm in the same boat. I have asked details of how much of the paneling needs to be cut. As long as the bumper fascia or plastic near the reverse light doesn't need to be cut, I am for sure in. Based on what they told me it should just be a small cutout where the paneling and plastic meet.
Hopefully they'll provide some kind of template, like a large piece of thick paper that aligns with the undercladding and has a cutout for you to mark where the hole needs to be.
I'm thinking a metal-cutting hole saw (metal-cutting, because it will be fine-tooth and good for plastic also) will do the neatest job, but that's complete speculation as I haven't seen any installation instructions yet. :S

Seth

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hopefully they'll provide some kind of template, like a large piece of thick paper that aligns with the undercladding and has a cutout for you to mark where the hole needs to be.
I'm thinking a metal-cutting hole saw (metal-cutting, because it will be fine-tooth and good for plastic also) will do the neatest job, but that's complete speculation as I haven't seen any installation instructions yet. :S
Based on the instructions for other vehicles, they do provide a template for the cutout of the gravel guard. Which is nice since the other companies just tell you where to cut and how big to make it. My main concern is where the cut is located as I'd prefer not to cut into the shiny plastic behind the reverse light.

Seth

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E See My New Trailer Hitch? Installed Stealth Hitches Stealth Hitch Cutout

I received this picture from Stealth Hitches today which shows that some of the underside of the bumper fascia does have to be cut. It is an 11.5"x3.5" rectangle. The hole remains hidden and they claim it is better to cut the fascia than the gravel guard. This hole seems to be unobtrusive and hidden. I have decided to proceed with the purchase as I am eager to take my bike out to ride without having to put it in the cargo area all dirty.

AEtherScythe

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E, Ford Escape Hybrid
Occupation
Sr. IT/Product Architect; Enterprise and Cloud Manageability Engineering
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E See My New Trailer Hitch? Installed Stealth Hitches Stealth Hitch Cutout

I received this picture from Stealth Hitches today which shows that some of the underside of the bumper fascia does have to be cut. It is an 11.5"x3.5" rectangle. The hole remains hidden and they claim it is better to cut the fascia than the gravel guard. This hole seems to be unobtrusive and hidden. I have decided to proceed with the purchase as I am eager to take my bike out to ride without having to put it in the cargo area all dirty.
WOW! A 11 1/2" wide rectangular hole seems QUITE excessive. The pic of the unit seems to imply half that width would be more than ample.
The linked pic is why I was thinking a 3 1/2" - 4" hole saw would suffice.
I may need to rethink this purchase. :S

ncluded_03d5d9fc-f27c-4e0d-9e68-93b1bc9d8581_2000x.png

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E See My New Trailer Hitch? Installed Stealth Hitches ncluded_03d5d9fc-f27c-4e0d-9e68-93b1bc9d8581_2000x

You might need to reach your hand up inside to actuate the locking mechanism?

Also FYI this hitch replaces your rear bumper/crash bar which could impact crashworthiness in a rear end collision.

MMECR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mustang Mach E, '06 Mustang,'92 Mustang GT 5.0
Country flag
I’ve received my draw tight hidden trailer hitch. I will be installing it in the next couple of days. I’ll be sure to post photos and videos of the process.

Avelli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E91 6MT RWD, 22 MME GT
Country flag
For our acrylic work, I've used a swivel head deburring tool to improve the finish of cut holes.

E12198-3-1-102e-HzTd.jpg

Seth

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You might need to reach your hand up inside to actuate the locking mechanism?

Also FYI this hitch replaces your rear bumper/crash bar which could impact crashworthiness in a rear end collision.
The instructions were just released for the Stealth hitch today and it does not replace the rear bumper/crash bar. Below is a pic from the instructions showing it installs under the frame like most hitches do on the Mach E. The bumper isn't even removed. Just the gravel guard underneath.
Ford Mustang Mach-E See My New Trailer Hitch? Installed Stealth Hitches 1661363166845

Below is a pic of the hitch hole with the hitch installed. Does it really need to be 11" wide? Well, they are allowing for plenty of space to get your hand up in there to lock/unlock the receiver on one side and rotate the handle to release the receiver on the other. It could be cut smaller and made bigger if you have trouble with the those functions. A cover to fill this hole would sure be nice while the hitch is not in use.
Ford Mustang Mach-E See My New Trailer Hitch? Installed Stealth Hitches 1661363545910

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
The instructions were just released for the Stealth hitch today and it does not replace the rear bumper/crash bar. Below is a pic from the instructions showing it installs under the frame like most hitches do on the Mach E. The bumper isn't even removed. Just the gravel guard underneath.
Ford Mustang Mach-E See My New Trailer Hitch? Installed Stealth Hitches 1661363545910

Below is a pic of the hitch hole with the hitch installed. Does it really need to be 11" wide? Well, they are allowing for plenty of space to get your hand up in there to lock/unlock the receiver on one side and rotate the handle to release the receiver on the other. It could be cut smaller and made bigger if you have trouble with the those functions. A cover to fill this hole would sure be nice while the hitch is not in use.
So what is the picture a couple posts back? That was wrong then? Frustrating if the product is completely different than the picture.

Seth

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So what is the picture a couple posts back? That was wrong then? Frustrating if the product is completely different than the picture.
I think AEtherScythe just grabbed a generic Stealth hitch pic from anothervehicle off the web to demonstrate how the receiver attaches to the hitch. I can see now how that would be misdirecting.

SgtNz

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT Performance
Occupation
DO(MP)
Country flag
Hi!
Just wondering if anyone knows if they need to cut anything in order to install this hitch? Also, is there a difference in appearance to a 2022 Mach E GT Performance as the rear fender is slightly differnt.
Thanks!

MMECR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Here are some photos of my install hitch:
Ford Mustang Mach-E See My New Trailer Hitch? Installed Stealth Hitches IMG_3264.JPG
Ford Mustang Mach-E See My New Trailer Hitch? Installed Stealth Hitches IMG_3267.JPG
Ford Mustang Mach-E See My New Trailer Hitch? Installed Stealth Hitches IMG_3268.JPG
Ford Mustang Mach-E See My New Trailer Hitch? Installed Stealth Hitches view of hitch with reciver attached drivers side
Ford Mustang Mach-E See My New Trailer Hitch? Installed Stealth Hitches view of hitch with reciver attached

Ford Mustang Mach-E See My New Trailer Hitch? Installed Stealth Hitches IMG_3282.JPG
Ford Mustang Mach-E See My New Trailer Hitch? Installed Stealth Hitches IMG_3283.JPG

MMECR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is the purpose of installing the hitch. It was a pain to load my bike in the car every time I went for a ride, not to mention the dirt and marks it left inside. So much easier now.
I didn't cut as big of a hole in the bumper as the instructions recommended. Overall it was very simple, but it takes two people to mount the hitch. Putting the receiver on and taking it off Is a breeze once you do it a couple times.
Ford Mustang Mach-E See My New Trailer Hitch? Installed Stealth Hitches IMG_3291.JPG

SgtNz

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT Performance
Occupation
DO(MP)
Country flag
Thanks for the pictures @MMECR1. Assuming you had to cut the guard on the back to make the hole? Wondering if it makes for a dirt and wind trap? Anyone had issues with it?
Sponsored

Last edited: