Seems like I have older version but says no updates?

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
This is the version I have, the stickied thread shows newer version went out in July, is this normal? Should I be seeing an update?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Seems like I have older version but says no updates? F0098AE1-7FD8-4989-9F07-F7BAC71606FF
Sponsored

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Eventually, maybe.. looks like you have a newer sync version that I do.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
I'm on 243, so you're ahead of me. Nov 2020 build.

OP
OP
Logal727

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm on 243, so you're ahead of me. Nov 2020 build.
Ah interesting, this one was built in July and I’ve only had it less than a week. But I still don’t see the features like Securialert like other people have.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
Ah interesting, this one was built in July and I’ve only had it less than a week. But I still don’t see the features like Securialert like other people have.
Not a Sync issue. You need to have power up version 1.4 and 1.6, plus app version 3.29.

OP
OP
Logal727

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not a Sync issue. You need to have power up version 1.4 and 1.6, plus app version 3.29.
Where do I check that version?

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Where do I check that version?
The sync version is about the only easy one to check. Hopefully they will get better about tracking updates. If you had any recent OTA updates, they finally labeled then 1.4.0 and 1.6.0... the latest shows up if you look under system updates... If it says it's up to date, it is possible it was supplied to to date from the factory or they just haven't gotten around to pushing you the update.

The only new feature via OTA for us common folk was from 1.4.0 and that was SecuriAlert.

The only advice I have for getting updates is too keep your vehicle plugged in. Seems some updates require being plugged in as a safety measure to avoid potential 12 v battery issues.. (this is pure speculation on my part).

OP
OP
Logal727

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The sync version is about the only easy one to check. Hopefully they will get better about tracking updates. If you had any recent OTA updates, they finally labeled then 1.4.0 and 1.6.0... the latest shows up if you look under system updates... If it says it's up to date, it is possible it was supplied to to date from the factory or they just haven't gotten around to pushing you the update.

The only new feature via OTA for us common folk was from 1.4.0 and that was SecuriAlert.

The only advice I have for getting updates is too keep your vehicle plugged in. Seems some updates require being plugged in as a safety measure to avoid potential 12 v battery issues.. (this is pure speculation on my part).
Ah ok, got it, that makes sense since it’s a pretty recent build.

OP
OP
Logal727

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ah ok, got it, that makes sense since it’s a pretty recent build.
There must have been an issue with the update if they didn’t put 1.4.0 on this one, cause I do not see securialert

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
21180 revision 176 seems to be the latest...but for some reason it doesn't update. Just need to be patient, a large suite of updates is coming hopefully this month, but at worst next month.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There must have been an issue with the update if they didn’t put 1.4.0 on this one, cause I do not see securialert
Yeah, no idea what happens there. Not sure if SecuriAlert was/is OTA only. There might be a delay in downloading it for new cars. Again, pure speculation, but it may wait to see that a vehicle is purchased and registered to an owner before the update goes out.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
To confuse things, Ford has now branded OTAs as “PowerUps” and there are three of them in the wild - 1.4, 1.6, and 1.7. You would think these would be sequential, but there have been scattered reports of people getting a higher numbered PowerUp, followed at a later date by a lower numbered PowerUp, so it truly seems to be a mystery ?‍♂

OP
OP
Logal727

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
To confuse things, Ford has now branded OTAs as “PowerUps” and there are three of them in the wild - 1.4, 1.6, and 1.7. You would think these would be sequential, but there have been scattered reports of people getting a higher numbered PowerUp, followed at a later date by a lower numbered PowerUp, so it truly seems to be a mystery ?‍♂
Ok I guess I’ll just enjoy what my car already has then lol