NoVAguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Per the OP: "Lane correction pushed me a little too far left and I hit a guardrail on the highway. It was a good learning lesson not to trust the car as much as I did, and luckily no other cars were involved."

Yikes!!

Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Per the OP: "Lane correction pushed me a little too far left and I hit a guardrail on the highway. It was a good learning lesson not to trust the car as much as I did, and luckily no other cars were involved."

Yikes!!

You have to be awfully weak to be over powered by the car. In my experience the vehicle doesn't fight me all that much.. A little nudge off target and it quickly releases control to the driver.. That person probably shouldn't be operating a vehicle on public roads.

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I mean, I guess it could happen. My guess is that the driver did not have their hands on the wheel and by the time they got them up and made the adjustment it was too late.

I've had my car jerk to the side before for real no reason in fact had it do it yesterday. But if you have your hands on the wheel (like your supposed too) its very easily corrected. My wife's 2020 Sonata jerked me over really good the other day as the lane widen because it was close to a split. I did not even have the driver assist turned on, it was just the lane keep assist. If I had not had my hands on the wheel who knows where I would had ended up lol

Its much easier to blame the car vs taking responsibility.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I mean, I guess it could happen. My guess is that the driver did not have their hands on the wheel and by the time they got them up and made the adjustment it was too late.

I've had my car jerk to the side before for real no reason in fact had it do it yesterday. But if you have your hands on the wheel (like your supposed too) its very easily corrected. My wife's 2020 Sonata jerked me over really good the other day as the lane widen because it was close to a split. I did not even have the driver assist turned on, it was just the lane keep assist. If I had not had my hands on the wheel who knows where I would had ended up lol

Its much easier to blame the car vs taking responsibility.
Agreed. If the driver didn't have hold of the steering wheel then they only have themselves to blame. There even is a "hold the wheel" graphic on the screen.

News flash. If you don't steer the car yourself then it might run into stuff. Geez. Some people are very light in the common sense dept.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Looks like the user has been deleted from Reddit, so the images/etc are gone. Wouldn't put much stock in this claim...

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Sounds like the user thought lane assist was autonomous driving. Technology isn’t perfect, trusting a 4000+lb automobile to be perfect while traveling at speed is foolish and dangerous.

OR since the user is deleted and the photos are gone, it’s a shill account trying to discredit the brand. Butthurt Tesla Stan?

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
I have yet to meet any type of lane keeping assistance that I like. When I get them in rentals, I always just turn them off. I will very likely do the same in the Mach-e whenever I drive it.

Olds442

First Name
Olds
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GT, '22 Premium Ex AWD
Occupation
sales
Country flag
sounds like fake news.
Sponsored