Seen on the Mach-E subreddit: Sounds like a Recall is incoming. Dealer just told me a stop sale was placed on all Mach-E's.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Fellas, no need to attack anyone because they disagree with you.

He likes his Tesla and is not a fan of the Mach E, you like your Mach E's and dislike Tesla's. Both have their pluses and minuses. How about we leave it at that?
Sponsored

richsi

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla M3P, 2024 Ford Maverick Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Fellas, no need to attack anyone because they disagree with you.

He likes his Tesla and is not a fan of the Mach E, you like your Mach E's and dislike Tesla's. Both have their pluses and minuses. How about we leave it at that?
Didn't attack him, agreed with him!

Last edited:

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
I don't know what you folks are thinking. Had my Tesla for a couple of years with nothing but "great" in every aspect from delivery to service. I know a bunch of owners and they love their cars and have had a decent relationship with service as well. On the other hand... sounds like your "trusted Ford dealers" are a real problem, and I'm going to bet it's going to get worse. My wife still would like a Mach E, but unless it's plug and play and w/o a phony "service" agenda (she hates dealers... I only loath them) not so likely to happen. IMHO Tesla is doing it right. Take a look on Tesla Motor Club or even Reddit, I guess you are going to be surprised to see the vast majority really like their cars.
There are parts of the car/owner/manufacturer relationship that Tesla is doing right and parts they are not. Same goes for Ford. The difference is that Ford is figuring out how to manufacture, sell and service BEVs as they are pretty good with traditional cars and trucks. I really do hope that the issues which people are reporting here are of the "pioneers took the arrows" type and not that Ford cannot get things right.

Either way you go, I genuinely hope that you and your wife get a car that makes both of you happy and that stays on the road for a long time.

With that said, I still have concerns about the way that Elon plays loose and fast with the rules in all his companies. Just watched a YT video about the settlement that Tesla is doing over a class action lawsuit over charging rates, reserve charge and lack of clarity. Neither company is good at communications. Marketing yes, communications no.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
Take a look on Tesla Motor Club or even Reddit, I guess you are going to be surprised to see the vast majority really like their cars.
And the vast majority of us like our Mach Es…what’s your point?

I’m going to make an account on the Tesla forum and see how long it takes them to boot me from their shit-don’t-stink smell-a-thon lol

Timelessblur

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium Extend Range RR
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
My Mach-E just got an OTA update to Ford Power-Up 1.6.0.

It is frustrating that their 'details' only says, "Some minor fine-tuning to keep everything running smoothly. Ongoing updates like this help ensure that you'll always be driving the best possible version of your Mustang Mach-E. Enjoy."

I would like details that have information in them.

Marketing should NEVER be allowed near anything technical.
This info is from the Ford Pass app. That same app says that my car is not set to get aromatic updates and to fix that on the cars touch screen. And updates is set to automatic.
I am going to speak as someone software development that even on major updates we are very bad at giving updates. You can ask my team what is new in a release and it will be XYZ feature and bug fixes. Hell we can work on stuff for 3-4 months and our answer is going to be something like that.
You also don't want development writing the updates like that. I also go on record that you DON'T want me to write the updates. I will hand over some type of changes to marketing and let marketing and product write the update in a way that normal people can understand.
That update also screams development handed over we did bug fixes and minor improvements.

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I am going to speak as someone software development that even on major updates we are very bad at giving updates. You can ask my team what is new in a release and it will be XYZ feature and bug fixes. Hell we can work on stuff for 3-4 months and our answer is going to be something like that.
You also don't want development writing the updates like that. I also go on record that you DON'T want me to write the updates. I will hand over some type of changes to marketing and let marketing and product write the update in a way that normal people can understand.
That update also screams development handed over we did bug fixes and minor improvements.
I understand. However, even a hint at content: "improved charging, efficiency, user options" would be better than "squashing bugs"!

pt19713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don't know what you folks are thinking. Had my Tesla for a couple of years with nothing but "great" in every aspect from delivery to service. I know a bunch of owners and they love their cars and have had a decent relationship with service as well. On the other hand... sounds like your "trusted Ford dealers" are a real problem, and I'm going to bet it's going to get worse. My wife still would like a Mach E, but unless it's plug and play and w/o a phony "service" agenda (she hates dealers... I only loath them) not so likely to happen. IMHO Tesla is doing it right. Take a look on Tesla Motor Club or even Reddit, I guess you are going to be surprised to see the vast majority really like their cars.
Just don't mention the T or E word here and you'll be fine. Lots of Tesla hate. It's expected on any forum. You'll find those that love Ford products here. On the Tesla forum, you'll find the same thing. It's mostly subjective, no right/ wrong answers. Model Ys are ugly here, Mach-Es are ugly over there.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I understand. However, even a hint at content: "improved charging, efficiency, user options" would be better than "squashing bugs"!
Keep in mind, that these updates haven't really made any changes to anything user facing. They are just making some changes to prepare for future OTA's. The only thing they've actually changed was adding the info into the TCU to enable the SecuriAlert features.

They've already went from just saying we got an update, to giving us a version number, so things are improving. I think there has been an overwhelming agreement that we want more info on updates.

Once we actually get an update that adds features or fixes bugs hopefully they'll give more info in the notes.

Birger

First Name
Birger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag
I am a former Tesla owner. Model S 85 for over 7 years. Now I'm a Mach-e owner. I have driven many Teslas over the years and recent Model S and the M3 latest a couple of days ago.
Our S had a fair number of problems over the years. Our Mach-e has been into Ford three times now since we got it in May. Due to Paak, Audio disappearing and the hill decent issue. All should have been fixed OTA, but Ford is not there yet.

Both have their strengths and weaknesses. Ford has something to learn from Tesla in regard to SW and SW usability. Tesla has something to learn from the Mach-e in driving, comfort and interior. Both look and quality. I also love the Mach-e's tidy display just in front of me.

Tesla has a nice purchasing experience, but a horrible track record for delivering on high end SW features. Autopilot, FSD and taking customers money years before availability. Which is still not there.

Ford has a good availability of dealers and "service centers". Here where I live it's 10 minutes to Ford and 1 hour drive to Tesla, one way.

If Ford can improve on their SW then I think they are going to be a winner in the future also.

richsi

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am a former Tesla owner. Model S 85 for over 7 years. Now I'm a Mach-e owner. I have driven many Teslas over the years and recent Model S and the M3 latest a couple of days ago.
Our S had a fair number of problems over the years. Our Mach-e has been into Ford three times now since we got it in May. Due to Paak, Audio disappearing and the hill decent issue. All should have been fixed OTA, but Ford is not there yet.

Both have their strengths and weaknesses. Ford has something to learn from Tesla in regard to SW and SW usability. Tesla has something to learn from the Mach-e in driving, comfort and interior. Both look and quality. I also love the Mach-e's tidy display just in front of me.

Tesla has a nice purchasing experience, but a horrible track record for delivering on high end SW features. Autopilot, FSD and taking customers money years before availability. Which is still not there.

Ford has a good availability of dealers and "service centers". Here where I live it's 10 minutes to Ford and 1 hour drive to Tesla, one way.

If Ford can improve on their SW then I think they are going to be a winner in the future also.
Thank you for your input, nice to hear about how a long time Tesla owner feels about both cars! I wanted a Tesla and I tried hard, but ride, cheap interior build and small text on screen with no driver display didn't make it for me. Completely happy with the MME. But I said earlier Ford is way behind on the software. They should be displaying a whole lot more data about the motors and batteries then they do, well they don't! The charging data should be more complex then it is, the FordPass gives you more data about charging then the car does! But again thanks for the Tesla input!

Sweetwater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Country flag
BTW how do you remove the OTA update 1.6.0 notice
from my I Phone ???? I have seen it ENOUGH !!!!!

richsi

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My experience is that it goes away on it own, never found away to delete it! Maybe someone else might know?

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I mean it’s not TOTALLY unbelievable. Feel like we’ve been seeing more and more of those faults telling people to stop their cars immediately. Then again, the number of times we’ve seen that posted versus the number of Mach Es sold is likely minimal.
I feel like the software issues were focused mostly on the early production cars. My car is late april build I've had over couple months now, and have actually only had one OTA which was last week. I do wish they would give a bit more detail in the ota update message.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
mine had it's first update last week, it didn't clear for maybe four or five days. It's gone now.
Sponsored