Seen on the Mach-E subreddit: Sounds like a Recall is incoming. Dealer just told me a stop sale was placed on all Mach-E's.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Now that's funny, I'm in Union City so I think I'm further out LOL!
My parent’s first house was in what is now Union City. It was Decoto back then. Yeah if you could be further away from the center then furthest away …
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I grew up in Fremont. To misquote Luke Skywalker, “If there's a bright center to the universe, you're in the city that it's farthest from.”
Now that's funny, I'm in Union City so I think I'm further out LOL!
Oh, you guys haven't heard. After getting repaired, the Hubble confirmed that Elon Musk is indeed the center of the universe.

rsviking1001

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach - E
Occupation
IT/Managed services
Country flag
My Mach-E just got an OTA update to Ford Power-Up 1.6.0.

It is frustrating that their 'details' only says, "Some minor fine-tuning to keep everything running smoothly. Ongoing updates like this help ensure that you'll always be driving the best possible version of your Mustang Mach-E. Enjoy."

I would like details that have information in them.

Marketing should NEVER be allowed near anything technical.
This info is from the Ford Pass app. That same app says that my car is not set to get aromatic updates and to fix that on the cars touch screen. And updates is set to automatic.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
That same app says that my car is not set to get aromatic updates and to fix that on the cars touch screen.
Yes, we're here to help! Tap the climate controls button near your volume wheel. Now tap the recirculation button to increase or reduce the mixture of outside air as needed for your situation.

?

richsi

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla M3P, 2024 Ford Maverick Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My Mach-E just got an OTA update to Ford Power-Up 1.6.0.

It is frustrating that their 'details' only says, "Some minor fine-tuning to keep everything running smoothly. Ongoing updates like this help ensure that you'll always be driving the best possible version of your Mustang Mach-E. Enjoy."

I would like details that have information in them.

Marketing should NEVER be allowed near anything technical.
This info is from the Ford Pass app. That same app says that my car is not set to get aromatic updates and to fix that on the cars touch screen. And updates is set to automatic.
I'm with you what's the big damn deal, is it a secret you won't tell us what the update is for? Trying to hide something from us?

Njia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape Hybrid, Mach-E Prem/AWD/Standard Battery
Country flag
“Aromatic updates?” Is there a base spice blend from the factory?

richsi

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I used to have a "Nuke the Nimitz" bumper sticker on my 1973 Ford Pinto (the ones with the explode on impact rear ends). ;)
I lose windshields on 880 a lot. Just been praying for the MME not to get it's eye put out. What a nightmare that will be geez!

BadgerGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD SR and 2022 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
"Honey, did you fart or did we just get another shitty update from Ford?"
I used to always blame it on the catalytic converter 'burping', but I guess I can't use that excuse anymore...

• Haha
Reactions: n0n

Scrannel

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Sport Diesel. Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Screenwriter
Country flag
I don't know what you folks are thinking. Had my Tesla for a couple of years with nothing but "great" in every aspect from delivery to service. I know a bunch of owners and they love their cars and have had a decent relationship with service as well. On the other hand... sounds like your "trusted Ford dealers" are a real problem, and I'm going to bet it's going to get worse. My wife still would like a Mach E, but unless it's plug and play and w/o a phony "service" agenda (she hates dealers... I only loath them) not so likely to happen. IMHO Tesla is doing it right. Take a look on Tesla Motor Club or even Reddit, I guess you are going to be surprised to see the vast majority really like their cars.

richsi

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I don't know what you folks are thinking. Had my Tesla for a couple of years with nothing but "great" in every aspect from delivery to service. I know a bunch of owners and they love their cars and have had a decent relationship with service as well. On the other hand... sounds like your "trusted Ford dealers" are a real problem, and I'm going to bet it's going to get worse. My wife still would like a Mach E, but unless it's plug and play and w/o a phony "service" agenda (she hates dealers... I only loath them) not so likely to happen. IMHO Tesla is doing it right. Take a look on Tesla Motor Club or even Reddit, I guess you are going to be surprised to see the vast majority really like their cars.
That's great glad you love your Tesla. I believe that Tesla is certainly light years ahead with software for an EV for sure. If you like turtles with 4 wheels then your all set. The MME is a looker and in time will be serious competition for Tesla. Ford's first time out isn't to bad, but many bugs to work out for sure! But it's a ball to drive, I'm very happy! Better buy your wife that new Tesla so you can stay happy! Goodluck!

Last edited:

Brofessional

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 GR86, 12 Accord, 18 Yukon, 21 Mach E GT
Country flag
Does it also confuse you and your wife when some individuals refuse to purchase Land Rovers or Jaguars even though anecdotally a few people have never had a problem with them?

By the way, dealers can typically only take advantage of you if you don’t know what you’re doing. Granted that’s a lot of people, but even so, I have yet to hear of a dealer charging $10k for a software package promised to be “feature complete” in a few months only to not fulfill that promise EVER during a typical ownership period. To think that years ago I almost purchased a Tesla with FSD which I would now be selling. Good god I would be furious.
Sponsored