Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
This weekend I ran a full range test on my 2021 Mach E Select AWD Standard Range with 2000 Miles on the clock. Eastern/Coastal Maine. 89% Charged at the start Friday when I left work, to Sunday evening at 4% Charged and an "at Home recharge" overnight.

Real range was calculated two ways: The car data only and my Charging Data along with actual miles driven.

In a nutshell, The "range o meter" on the dash was spot on, within 1 mile of the real data from my charger. The data reported at my 90% charge state was exactly right, 224 Miles.

The summer range of the 2021 Mach E Select AWD Standard Range is:

252 Miles, 3.76 Mi/kWh, 126.6 MPGe and equivalent ICE car fuel Economy at $3.31/Gallon=67.3 MPG

This, of course is my driving style, 30-63 MPH (5-8 over the speed limits), Intelligent cruise used when I could, AC on the majority of the time, Ambient temps 69F-87F, Average Speed was 45-48. In town 35 MPH (20%) and back roads 45-55 MPH (80%) driving (no highway travel). Posted speed limits 25 MPH to 55 MPH. I like Jack rabbit starts, All roads are hilly.

This is awesome data. I will run it again when Fall freezing temps arrive as well as Winter time. My summary sheet and charge data is attached and the excel sheet is available for anyone to have, just PM me so you can run your Own test.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Select AWD Standard Range Real Range Test....250 Miles Confirmed! Mach E spreadsheet
Ford Mustang Mach-E Select AWD Standard Range Real Range Test....250 Miles Confirmed! Mach E
Ford Mustang Mach-E Select AWD Standard Range Real Range Test....250 Miles Confirmed! Charge kWh 4

Range Test End.jpg

Range Test Start.jpg

Charge Data.png

OP
OP
Nklem

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
BTW. Do not believe what Ford Pass gives you for Data. It's not that accurate. It reported I only charged with 53 kWh and added 214 miles. The car gauge seems much more reliable.

OP
OP
Nklem

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
BTW. Do not believe what Ford Pass gives you for Data. It's not that accurate. It reported I only charged with 53 kWh and added 214 miles. The car gauge seems much more reliable.
I am travelling 114 miles right after work today. I decided to charge to 100% and precondition since it will be expended quickly. Ford pass is catching up to the new real range. 253 miles is shown in the app today. Pretty cool. Yes the 211 Miles is a mixed range drive prescribed by EPA. At 70, I get 3.1 Mi/kWh. So that translates to 211 miles (coincidence?). Of course, more speed is less (75-80, 2.8-190 Miles). My guess is, it's a little better at 65 (what EPA uses) but I have not been able to test on the highway yet except a 60 mile highway trip at 70. Anyway, I am delighted with this range, as 90 % of my driving is not highway (the highway is 50 miles away from me). My Ioniq is EPA rated for 124 Miles but I get 150-160 in the summer (again 45-60 mph average) and has only about 125 miles of range on the highway at 70 MPH (coincidence?). I get 110 in the Winter with the Ioniq so I am anxious to see what the Mach E does.

Recent Charge.jpg

MachTee

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium Infinite Blue SR AWD
Country flag
I too consistently extrapolate to well above the 211 miles rated range. Over the weekend I drove 112 miles using 42% of the charge. When I have the time and feel like taking a scenic drive, I will charge it to 100% and take it to below 10% and see what I actually get. BTW we have a PHEV also in intense blue ?

OP
OP
Nklem

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
I too consistently extrapolate to well above the 211 miles rated range. Over the weekend I drove 112 miles using 42% of the charge. When I have the time and feel like taking a scenic drive, I will charge it to 100% and take it to below 10% and see what I actually get. BTW we have a PHEV also in intense blue ?
Nice! Mine is an EV, of course. You cannot beat the efficiency of the PHEV. I calc the cost of the PHEV and benchmark it with my EV. It was neck and neck up to $2.50/gallon. Now that gas is $3.00, the EV is winning. But having 300-400 miles of Range is worth the penalty. The EV consistently gives 5-6 Mi/kWh in the summer which is fanstastic. We are now a 100% electric house. Enjoy!

jdunc87

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E GT PE, 20 Mustang GT 401A PP1, 21 F150
Occupation
make stuff go faster
Country flag
Maybe this is a good place to ask, as I am new to A LOT of this EV stuff. Is there reason for not always charging to 100 percent? I see a lot of times only charged to 90 percent? Is there something I am missing?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Maybe this is a good place to ask, as I am new to A LOT of this EV stuff. Is there reason for not always charging to 100 percent? I see a lot of times only charged to 90 percent? Is there something I am missing?
Start by reading this post:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/optimal-battery-charge-level.4496/post-134258
In it you will find links to 5 threads on the topic and numerous comments in the posts below it. No need to hijack this thread to become yet another on a well-discussed topic.

jdunc87

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E GT PE, 20 Mustang GT 401A PP1, 21 F150
Occupation
make stuff go faster
Country flag

exact33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Fusion
Country flag
Since I got mine in March I have been averaging 3.1 kWh and my Select AWD SR is sitting in the 230 mile range. It's better than the 211 EPA but I imagine it will change with colder weather

ManInBlack

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prem. Mach E SR AWD; Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
My standard range AWD premium is currently showing 236 miles on 100% charge. I have done nothing special to achieve these numbers and includes driving on Unbridled all the time and stomping the accelerator every chance I get. I am completely satisfied with my Mach E so far. Especially the range given the EPA numbers.

Steemax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Geez, how do you guys get these numbers. I now have 1300 miles on my select AWD standard range and it seems to have settled at 186 miles @ 90% charge. According to the trip i get around 5.2 to 5.4 kWh going to work (roughly 28 miles) and 3 to 3.1 kWh on my way back (a lot of uphill). I just set cruise to 65 on the highway and drive in engaged with 1 pedal drive.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Geez, how do you guys get these numbers. I now have 1300 miles on my select AWD standard range and it seems to have settled at 186 miles @ 90% charge. According to the trip i get around 5.2 to 5.4 kWh going to work (roughly 28 miles) and 3 to 3.1 kWh on my way back (a lot of uphill). I just set cruise to 65 on the highway and drive in engaged with 1 pedal drive.
My GOM is consistently about 10-15% low compared to my MPK. I have ~6000 miles on mine, and I'm showing 102 GOM at 44% right now (AWD ER). That projects to 232 range (which it's been stuck around since I got it). But my lifetime MPK is 3.0, which projects to 264.

75% of my miles are on 75+ MPH highways, thus why my MPK is 3.0 (which is still decent). If I weren't retired and I had a daily city commute, I'd probably be closer to 3.3.

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
Range depends so much on many different variables that any number is pretty much meaningless. Speed, wind, elevation, temperature seem to be big range killers.
The best numbers are for driving at low speeds in the city, and that's the setting when the range doesn't matter, you get home and charge overnight as much as necessary.
The only situation when the range matters a lot is the highway, and unfortunately it's the worst setting for EV. Adding insult to injury, Ford has a 80% charging cliff. As I mentioned before, at those speeds, loaded with people and stuff, and if you are unfortunate having weather and wind working against you, your range will drop precipitously, expect half of EPA or less.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
The projected range is meaningless; what matters is your actual mi/kwh:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ulate-how-far-your-mach-e-can-really-go.6104/
Sponsored