Select roof color

Socalsp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, Mach E
Country flag
I noticed some photos/videos of the select trim have black roof and some have the same roof color as the body. Is there an option to choose a black roof color for the select trim? Or maybe the black roof photos were actually premium trim mislabeled as select trim?

Here's a space white select trim with black roof

Sponsored

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Range Rover, 2012 Dodge, 2018 Chevy, 52 M38
Occupation
Retired, building inspector / construction super for a builder in NY.
Country flag
I noticed some photos/videos of the select trim have black roof and some have the same roof color as the body. Is there an option to choose a black roof color for the select trim? Or maybe the black roof photos were actually premium trim mislabeled as select trim?

Here's a space white select trim with black roof

I read somewhere that I thought it would be an option for 2022 models, paint the roof black. I cant remember if it was just for the GT or for the Select also.

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
If you get the comfort/appear. package you get the painted roof (also the appear/tech pkg) in a Select model

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
If you get the comfort/appear. package you get the painted roof (also the appear/tech pkg) in a Select model
** EDITED because I am a dummy **
I'm pretty sure the black roof and aerocovered wheels are only in the comfort/appearance package, and the comfort/tech package still has the body colored roof. At least that's how it was when I originally had a Select on order before upgrading to the Route 1.

Last edited:

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I'm pretty sure the black roof and aerocovered wheels are only in the appearance/tech package, and the comfort/tech package still has the body colored roof. At least that's how it was when I originally had a Select on order before upgrading to the Route 1.
I have the Select w/comfort appear. pkg and it comes with black roof and aero covers plus.....

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I have the Select w/comfort appear. pkg and it comes with black roof and aero covers plus.....
Yes, you are correct - I misstated the appearance pkg as appearance/tech, which are mutually exclusive - it's "comfort" that is in both packages :) .

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
Also note the glass roof "looks black" from the right angles...

OP
OP

Socalsp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, Mach E
Country flag
it seems they did away with that option and only have comfort /tech available

SyNRG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Explorer Sport & 2021 MME Select (SR) RWD
Occupation
Healthcare Data Analysis
Country flag
A (2021) Select RWD w/ standard battery and no options besides paint comes with painted roof.

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
it seems they did away with that option and only have comfort /tech available
I don't know now, but when I ordered my Select the comfort/tech package had everything from the comfort/appear. pkg PLUS the tech stuff.....the com/appear. cost $2300 and the com/tech was $2600 if I remember correctly.......my car was delivered Feb 2021 to give a time.....

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I don't know now, but when I ordered my Select the comfort/tech package had everything from the comfort/appear. pkg PLUS the tech stuff.....the com/appear. cost $2300 and the com/tech was $2600 if I remember correctly.......my car was delivered Feb 2021 to give a time.....
Huh? You have the aero covers, black painted roof, and 360 camera/BC prep package on your select?

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
[
Huh? You have the aero covers, black painted roof, and 360 camera/BC prep package on your select?
No I don't have the tech stuff, but do have aero covers, painted roof, heated seats/steering wheel, 19" wheels, cargo cover, hands free liftgate, memory drivers seat.....if my old memory is correct, I think that's it......again NO tech stuff.....

to get the tech you had to get the other pkg ($2600).....sorry if I wasn't clear in my other post
Sponsored