Select RWD order to production lead time

jaklou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White RWD Select ordered 3/28, no prod date
Country flag
It’s been established that those orders with fewer options have shorter lead times…was wondering what recent lead times have been from order to notice of production. Some January/February orders appear to have received production notices in approximately 60 days…what has your experience been?

I ordered 3/28
Sponsored

Last edited:

ElectrifyME

First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I ordered 3/27 select AWD …. Trying to deal with the thought that it may be Xmas…. And when/if they release 2023 ordering, if I should change my order and just wait into eternity… mostly to change for an ER battery due to my range anxiety. So for folks who ordered in December/November to not have a car yet when dealers are getting cars just blows my mind? It’s gonna be a long wait….

sgriffin130

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Red Mach E- C/T Pkg, '23 Escape PHEV/Prem Pkg
Occupation
Dentist(retired)
Country flag
It’s been established that those orders with fewer options have shorter lead times…was wondering what recent lead times have been from order to notice of production. Some January/February orders appear to have received production notices in approximately 60 days…what has your experience been?

I ordered 3/28
I ordered a 2022 on 10/1/21 and got a 5/23 then 5/30 production week a couple of weeks ago. My trim was a Select with comfort/technology package, RWD, standard battery, 19" wheels, Rapid Red(change from Space White. So 8 months or so to production-we'll see

NJ_MachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-E Select RWD wComfort/Tech, '16 Honda Fit
Country flag
I ordered my Select RWD w/ Comfort/Tech in mid January, it was built in early April and I should be receiving it within the week ... I think I'm lucky.

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I ordered 3/27 select AWD …. Trying to deal with the thought that it may be Xmas…. And when/if they release 2023 ordering, if I should change my order and just wait into eternity… mostly to change for an ER battery due to my range anxiety. So for folks who ordered in December/November to not have a car yet when dealers are getting cars just blows my mind? It’s gonna be a long wait….
got that right!
Ford Mustang Mach-E Select RWD order to production lead time 1652638321636

Tom L

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda Clarity
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

I ordered 3/28
I ordered a CR1 RWD ER on 11/4/2021. It was built around 3/24/2022 and eventually parked in Mexico, Laredo, and Kansas City for weeks at a time for [insert guesses, e.g., chip shortage, labor shortages, unavailable rail cars, sun spots, bad karma, etc.]. It was picked and paired last Friday for truck delivery to Wisconsin, hopefully this week. In total, that's about 27 weeks which is close to the estimated 24 week waiting period when I ordered.

ElectrifyME

First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I ordered my Select RWD w/ Comfort/Tech in mid January, it was built in early April and I should be receiving it within the week ... I think I'm lucky.
Yes that’s sounds reasonably lucky!! Congrats!

ElectrifyME

First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I ordered a CR1 RWD ER on 11/4/2021. It was built around 3/24/2022 and eventually parked in Mexico, Laredo, and Kansas City for weeks at a time for [insert guesses, e.g., chip shortage, labor shortages, unavailable rail cars, sun spots, bad karma, etc.]. It was picked and paired last Friday for truck delivery to Wisconsin, hopefully this week. In total, that's about 27 weeks which is close to the estimated 24 week waiting period when I ordered.
In part, it may be just that NOVEMBER just sounds so long ago!!! Sounds like you are taking it in stride:) Dontcha wish you could just drive to Kansas and pick it up lol?

Tom L

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda Clarity
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
In part, it may be just that NOVEMBER just sounds so long ago!!! Sounds like you are taking it in stride:) Dontcha wish you could just drive to Kansas and pick it up lol?
Yes, indeed. Just saw order tracker.app status updated to “dispatched” so the Red Pony has rounded the clubhouse turn and the finish line is in sight.

MME_Adventurist

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select RWD Comfort & Tech Package
Country flag
I am interested in the amount of time it takes to get the vehicle shipped. I was talking to my dealer a couple days ago and they said that the mach e takes a long time to get shipped.

NJ_MachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-E Select RWD wComfort/Tech, '16 Honda Fit
Country flag
I am interested in the amount of time it takes to get the vehicle shipped. I was talking to my dealer a couple days ago and they said that the mach e takes a long time to get shipped.
My build week-- 4/4-- was lucky overall. I think we pretty much were all shipped within a week of production starting (so by about 4/14 everyone was on a railcar bound north to Kansas City). You can drop by our build week thread for more details, but our cars started arriving at dealerships around the beginning of the month (~ May 1st-- for folks ordering out of dealerships closest to Kansas City) and this week looks like it will be a happy one for a big chunk of our build week folks on the east/west coasts. A lot of the other build weeks in 2022 had weeks or months-long production/chip hold delays which held the cars up in Mexico for a while. Once they get going, 4-8 weeks delivery time seems to capture the vast majority of deliveries to the US and Canada.

SaultShaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Select RWD Standard Range
Country flag

I ordered 3/28
I ordered my Select RWD Standard Range in late February and my Build Week is 6/20. I didn’t include the comfort/tech package, no AWD, and no extended range. I upgraded to red paint and the 19” aero wheels though. I noticed a Priority 19 on the paperwork from my dealership.

Hope this info helps!

OP
OP

jaklou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White RWD Select ordered 3/28, no prod date
Country flag
I ordered my Select RWD Standard Range in late February and my Build Week is 6/20. I didn’t include the comfort/tech package, no AWD, and no extended range. I upgraded to red paint and the 19” aero wheels though. I noticed a Priority 19 on the paperwork from my dealership.

Hope this info helps!
When did you receive notice of your build week? Approximately 60 days from order?