Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mach E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
My Mach E GT arrived at dealership for pick up on April 16, 2022. It was a very exciting day until I noticed the fault light indicating the need for repair. The dealership took it back to the Service Center to diagnose the fault and it turns out the Selector Assembly for the power train needed to be replace. That part is Ford Part Number NJ8Z7P155C. It has been a month without the car and the dealership still has no concrete date when the part will arrive.

Has anyone had experience in ordering part for the MACH E?
Sponsored

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
My Mach E GT arrived at dealership for pick up on April 16, 2022. It was a very exciting day until I noticed the fault light indicating the need for repair. The dealership took it back to the Service Center to diagnose the fault and it turns out the Selector Assembly for the power train needed to be replace. That part is Ford Part Number NJ8Z7P155C. It has been a month without the car and the dealership still has no concrete date when the part will arrive.

Has anyone had experience in ordering part for the MACH E?
Call Ford and make a case number, ask your dealer if they submitted an "emergency order" for the part and involved engineering or else you'll be starting the lemon law process. May I ask what faults you got on the screen and what issues the car exhibited that made you bring it in?

OP
OP
Columbus Mach E GT
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mach E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Your suggestions are very helpful! The car never left the dealership delivery room. As I started it up to pull outside I noticed the error light with a message drive train fault. They took it back to service and told me that part No. NJ8Z7P155C, Selector Assembly - Transmission was needed to fix the situation. I asked if they could take the part from another Mach E and they told me they didn't think parts compatible with a GT model. I haven't seen the car since April 16, 2022. The agreed upon pick up date.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Your suggestions are very helpful! The car never left the dealership delivery room. As I started it up to pull outside I noticed the error light with a message drive train fault. They took it back to service and told me that part No. NJ8Z7P155C, Selector Assembly - Transmission was needed to fix the situation. I asked if they could take the part from another Mach E and they told me they didn't think parts compatible with a GT model. I haven't seen the car since April 16, 2022. The agreed upon pick up date.
Hi there! This doesn't sound like an experience we want you to have with your Mach-E. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into this for you on my end.

OP
OP
Columbus Mach E GT
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mach E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
What is most frustrating is that no one to include the Dealer, Ford Customer Relations can give me any idea of a timeframe for resolution of this defect with the car. The answer consistently is I have opened an emergency case and the part is back ordered. I don't understand why when cars are being manufactured every day why a part from the assembly line cannot be used to address the defect with the Selector Assembly.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
that genuinely sucks. I know parts are a disaster all over the place (my gf's C-Max has been in the body shop for an accident someone else caused for over 6 weeks now, waiting on a single final part, so we are feeling your pain). I agree though that it's a reasonable expectation to say "hey can you shift manufacturing a bit to fix this" but that's not how modern "just in time" scheduling and manufacturing works, unfortunately.

the ongoing parts mess is making pure "just in time" really look like an idiotic idea in retrospect but that's a whole different discussion. I won't be taking questions at this time. 😉
Sponsored