SELENA is home (SR, RWD, IB Pony) and my 2 cents

Snowbolster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx 350
Country flag
Yesterday I finally took the car home after it's 3 month travel time from Mexico.

I think I'll start with the buying experience and then move into good and bad first impressions.

So I decided to buy using the 36 month options plan. The dealer allegedly did such a transaction already so I felt pretty confident this will be a smooth transaction. I was wrong. They brought me the offer sheet and immediately something seemed off. I looked at the costs and notices they have added around $350 for Vin etching and wheel locks. Obviously I told them that I'm not paying for that and they took it off. Than I looked at the APR and it was at 4.75%. So I told them that its wrong and it should be 2.25%. They said ok, and adjusted. Long story short, after that i had to double check every fee and cost that was put there to make sure they are not try to trick me again. The whole process was daunting and took 3.5 hours of my life.

To the car delivery, the car was "detailed" before my arrival but honestly it was the worst detailing job I have ever seen. There were some dirty black areas on the white surfaces of the dash (near the start key and handles) as well as dried drip spots of something on the door upholstery. There were also traces of transportation dirt and sand in the roof seams. There was another non detailed car charging so I could see how they all looked like before a wash, it was DIRTY.

On the plus side, the build quality looked fine with pretty even lines across the board and there were no scratches that I could see. The one thing that I noticed is the 'step' between the windshield and the roof start, but more on that in the next section.

I now have the car a bit over 24h and didn't really had the chance to drive drive it but here are my impressions so far.

1. The car is much more impressive and sexier in person. The Infinite blue looks a hundred times better in real life. The lines are sexy and powerful and very similar to what Infinity FX series used to look like, and that's a good thing.

2. The seating position is pretty high if you want it to be, but the car is LOW. It's so low that I need to redo my driveway now because the door hits the retaining wall.

3. The car doesn't feel like a Tesla gut punching launch from start, but at the same time its a SR Rwd, so I wasn't really expecting it nor would I launch too hard for too many times in my area. The car does feel Fast once you get to like 20 mph and want to accelerate to 60 or even 80 mph. That acceleration is fun and very seamless. So fun that you find yourself doing 100 mph without noticing and driving 75 feels very boring and slow.

4. I'm a techie in my mid 30's and I find the screen and options overwhelming and somewhat complicated. something simple like connecting android auto and listening to music on Spotify took me about 5 min to figure out. Plus I constantly mix the apps and car setting buttons and press the wrong one.

5. 1 pedal driving is better and less aggressive than tesla's but at the same time I don't like it. I like the car gliding and not braking every time I get my foot off the gas. That's my personal taste.

6.you can feel the differences between the different driving modes by acceleration and braking sensitivity of the car. I found Engage to be a good medium.

7. Many say the car feels heavy but I have yet to experience it. need to take it to curvy roads and see for myself.

8. Confirming that the seats are comfy and the upholstery is great, much better than teslas and didn't make me miss real leather, which is a plus.

9. The navigation is good and the voice control works well. Better than my google mini speaker.

10. The Auto pilot did very well on the highway keeping in mid lane and cruising without a hiccup. The lane assist is also working. I wanted to see if it will change lanes for me, but no such luck. Maybe I didn't press something to make it do that.

11. The wireless charging actually works through a TPU case, nice surprise.

Now to the things that I don't love:

1. Car came with 21.7 miles on it, not sure why.

2. My range at 100% on a sunny day was 177 miles, but I suspect that it will balance out with the way I'm driving to over 200.

3. The car is super quiet on low speeds. But you can def hear wind hitting that 'step' windshield area and the wheels at 60 to 70 mph. Not sure if all cars have it, but I think they need to redesign that part and make it more flush with the roof.

4. The steering wheel material feels like its gonna get very dirty and sticky very fast. They should have gone with a textured one.

5. Too much hard plastic that feels a bot cheap. Definitely not feels like a luxury cabin like BMW or Volvo.

6. I'm ok with the outside door handles and find them easy to use, but I dislike the internal handles, and think they are poorly placed.

7. The suspension feels a bit hard. I live in an area with horrible roads and bumpers and it's not as soft as I would have liked it. still, less stiff than a tesla 3/Y.

8. One fob is sad and the key doesn't feel as futuristic as the car. Would have loved a credit card shaped fob like in a tesla.

9. The car buying process felt a bit anti climatic maybe since I read so much about the car already and saw it delivered to many before me, or maybe because of my dealership experience.

These are some of the things I could think of as of now. Luckily for me, I didn't encounter the screen noise issues that some people here reported, nor the ford pass/android auto app connection issues.

Let me know if you have more questions. I don't bother with photos cause well, you've seen it a million times already.
Sponsored

supertramp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Honda Pilot,2012 Honda Civic,Premium std rwd
Country flag
So I decided to buy using the 36 month options plan. The dealer allegedly did such a transaction already so I felt pretty confident this will be a smooth transaction. I was wrong. They brought me the offer sheet and immediately something seemed off. I looked at the costs and notices they have added around $350 for Vin etching and wheel locks. Obviously I told them that I'm not paying for that and they took it off. Than I looked at the APR and it was at 4.75%. So I told them that its wrong and it should be 2.25%. They said ok, and adjusted. Long story short, after that i had to double check every fee and cost that was put there to make sure they are not try to trick me again. The whole process was daunting and took 3.5 hours of my life.
I do not understand - try to take something from a store without paying for it and you will probably be very sorry about it, mildly speaking. But then be a dealer and try to deceive your customer by thousands of dollars and you still be fine. That's ridiculous - and please do not tell me they made a mistake - no way... So much about dealership network and "support" :oops:

Congrats on your new vehicle - do you think now you would better go with Tesla? :cool:

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Yesterday I finally took the car home after it's 3 month travel time from Mexico.

I think I'll start with the buying experience and then move into good and bad first impressions.

To the car delivery, the car was "detailed" before my arrival but honestly it was the worst detailing job I have ever seen. There were some dirty black areas on the white surfaces of the dash (near the start key and handles) as well as dried drip spots of something on the door upholstery. There were also traces of transportation dirt and sand in the roof seams. There was another non detailed car charging so I could see how they all looked like before a wash, it was DIRTY.

On the plus side, the build quality looked fine with pretty even lines across the board and there were no scratches that I could see. The one thing that I noticed is the 'step' between the windshield and the roof start, but more on that in the next section.

I now have the car a bit over 24h and didn't really had the chance to drive drive it but here are my impressions so far.

1. The car is much more impressive and sexier in person. The Infinite blue looks a hundred times better in real life. The lines are sexy and powerful and very similar to what Infinity FX series used to look like, and that's a good thing.

2. The seating position is pretty high if you want it to be, but the car is LOW. It's so low that I need to redo my driveway now because the door hits the retaining wall.

3. The car doesn't feel like a Tesla gut punching launch from start, but at the same time its a SR Rwd, so I wasn't really expecting it nor would I launch too hard for too many times in my area. The car does feel Fast once you get to like 20 mph and want to accelerate to 60 or even 80 mph. That acceleration is fun and very seamless. So fun that you find yourself doing 100 mph without noticing and driving 75 feels very boring and slow.

4. I'm a techie in my mid 30's and I find the screen and options overwhelming and somewhat complicated. something simple like connecting android auto and listening to music on Spotify took me about 5 min to figure out. Plus I constantly mix the apps and car setting buttons and press the wrong one.

5. 1 pedal driving is better and less aggressive than tesla's but at the same time I don't like it. I like the car gliding and not braking every time I get my foot off the gas. That's my personal taste.

6.you can feel the differences between the different driving modes by acceleration and braking sensitivity of the car. I found Engage to be a good medium.

7. Many say the car feels heavy but I have yet to experience it. need to take it to curvy roads and see for myself.

8. Confirming that the seats are comfy and the upholstery is great, much better than teslas and didn't make me miss real leather, which is a plus.

9. The navigation is good and the voice control works well. Better than my google mini speaker.

10. The Auto pilot did very well on the highway keeping in mid lane and cruising without a hiccup. The lane assist is also working. I wanted to see if it will change lanes for me, but no such luck. Maybe I didn't press something to make it do that.

11. The wireless charging actually works through a TPU case, nice surprise.

Now to the things that I don't love:

1. Car came with 21.7 miles on it, not sure why.

2. My range at 100% on a sunny day was 177 miles, but I suspect that it will balance out with the way I'm driving to over 200.

3. The car is super quiet on low speeds. But you can def hear wind hitting that 'step' windshield area and the wheels at 60 to 70 mph. Not sure if all cars have it, but I think they need to redesign that part and make it more flush with the roof.

4. The steering wheel material feels like its gonna get very dirty and sticky very fast. They should have gone with a textured one.

5. Too much hard plastic that feels a bot cheap. Definitely not feels like a luxury cabin like BMW or Volvo.

6. I'm ok with the outside door handles and find them easy to use, but I dislike the internal handles, and think they are poorly placed.

7. The suspension feels a bit hard. I live in an area with horrible roads and bumpers and it's not as soft as I would have liked it. still, less stiff than a tesla 3/Y.

8. One fob is sad and the key doesn't feel as futuristic as the car. Would have loved a credit card shaped fob like in a tesla.

9. The car buying process felt a bit anti climatic maybe since I read so much about the car already and saw it delivered to many before me, or maybe because of my dealership experience.

These are some of the things I could think of as of now. Luckily for me, I didn't encounter the screen noise issues that some people here reported, nor the ford pass/android auto app connection issues.

Let me know if you have more questions. I don't bother with photos cause well, you've seen it a million times already.
Congratulations. Your experience with the dealership tacking things on is irritating. Good job catching them on everything.

Regarding the mileage on the car, that's pretty normal for a new car. I'm fact I'd say it's just about average.
The cars are first tested at the plant after production, then in shipping they'll rack up a few miles driving around from trains to trucks and parking lots, and finally the dealer might test drive it to make sure it's all good.

As for pictures -- please, bother us with them. The more pictures, the better. There is no limit!!

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
The MachE does not have auto lane change, Im not even sure it will have that capability with the FSD like OTA upgrade coming.

Grats on your car and hope you grow to love it.

OP
OP
Snowbolster

Snowbolster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx 350
Country flag
I do not understand - try to take something from a store without paying for it and you will probably be very sorry about it, mildly speaking. But then be a dealer and try to deceive your customer by thousands of dollars and you still be fine. That's ridiculous - and please do not tell me they made a mistake - no way... So much about dealership network and "support" :oops:

Congrats on your new vehicle - do you think now you would better go with Tesla? :cool:
You don't know what you don't know. I'm sure that the buying process is 1000% better at Tesla bit at the same time I cant justify paying for FSD and didn't love the Model Y quality and materials when tested. Also the tire noise was very significant.

But, if the cybertruck will see the light of day for under 45k, that is likely to be the next car.

OP
OP
Snowbolster

Snowbolster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx 350
Country flag
The MachE does not have auto lane change, Im not even sure it will have that capability with the FSD like OTA upgrade coming.

Grats on your car and hope you grow to love it.
I'm sure I will, Dont get me wrong, it's a great car, just not perfect. I like it, but maybe after some twisty roads I'll love it.

Hotspur28

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Congratulations on bringing Selena home! Pics always good ?I have a quick question from over the pond with regards front clearance. I see from stats and videos it's 5.7 inches but wished to know if it's caused problems on getting on a driveway. I note you have said you are having to adjust your drive ?. I have an awkward drive which my current C class Mercedes only just clears but which has 0.5 inches extra height over the mach e so I am a bit concerned. There are no current cars available to test drive over here yet but hoping they will be on a ship soon?

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
75 IS very boring and slow

greetings from Germany
you know that means MPH and not KPH right? because we use Freedom Units (tm) here!

(yes it's still boring and slow)

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag

True indeed. I will see when I pick up mine on Saturday. Fortunately, I provided my dealer with the Ford Option spreadsheet showing all costs and deposits including tax and he actually sent me back the same spreadsheet with numbers he got using the Ford system. We were very close.

OP
OP
Snowbolster

Snowbolster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx 350
Country flag
Congratulations on bringing Selena home! Pics always good ?I have a quick question from over the pond with regards front clearance. I see from stats and videos it's 5.7 inches but wished to know if it's caused problems on getting on a driveway. I note you have said you are having to adjust your drive ?. I have an awkward drive which my current C class Mercedes only just clears but which has 0.5 inches extra height over the mach e so I am a bit concerned. There are no current cars available to test drive over here yet but hoping they will be on a ship soon?
Its a hard question, it does clear standard size driveway entrance height from the street. In comparison, the Lexus IS didn't clear it and I would hear scraping noise from front bumper plastic protector underneath every time I parked.

Hotspur28

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Its a hard question, it does clear standard size driveway entrance height from the street. In comparison, the Lexus IS didn't clear it and I would hear scraping noise from front bumper plastic protector underneath every time I parked.
Thanks for the reply. Think I will just have to be patient until the dealers get their demo cars. On the plus side my dealer has guaranteed my deposit being refundable if it does not fit. Enjoy the car just cannot wait until we get them here and until the world opens up again as my family are definitely missing our visits to the US. Stay safe ?