Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
The guessometer I find is good. No issues with range. 3rd party DCFC is what I have a problem with because it’s not dependable and I’ve had multiple bad experiences over the course of months. Charging is slow. Max speed is 150kw/h but they used the Model Y as the goal and it does 250kw/h. How does this happen? How do they not meet or surpass what they were planning against!
What's your real world charging speed? Spec are great an all... but from experience real world matters. And which chargers? EA, EVGo, Blink, ChargePoint? I've had more success with some over the others.

I know exactly what to expect from my ID.4 (at every charge level) because it has been independently measured and documented (see Inside EV article). It matches my experiences exactly.

The new EV6 and Ioniq 5 sound great on paper but I don't there will be many US-based 800V chargers than can push the kW the car is expecting.

OP
OP

Jesse H

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, F150
Country flag
I don’t disagree with you. The initial test drive should have told me everything that I wish I knew now. I, like most, was caught up in my car finally being here and went along with it anyways. Definitely my fault. No argument there.

Jesse, there is no doubt that some of the poster here are having first-year blues... but a few of your complaints can't possibly be valid.

The tires on the car you test drove were skinny. The screen start-up was 7 seconds in the car you test drove - and doesn't prevent you from driving. You don't have to wait for the screen. Multi-touch.... I don't miss them for controls, and the screen does have this feature on the map - about the only place they're really needed. The test drive showed you exactly what the acceleration is. The speed of charge would have been easy to find before you laid your money down. Software updates do download IF you've set up the car to receive them automatically. Failing that, the dealer will do it for you. PaaK, yea.. but be honest. Did you avoid buying a Tesla for THAT?

OP
OP

Jesse H

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, F150
Country flag
That’s the point, the Mach-E isn’t tech savvy at all. Ford confused people by having a 15 inch display but it’s still running the out dated Sync OS. Don’t get me wrong, if you came from another ICE car, you would think the MME is amazing. But seeing the competition that Ford used as a goal, it’s unexplainable to me that the Mach-E is still subpar.

Appears to be more like you promoting Tesla no? For the mach-e you need to be a bit tech savvy right now so understand.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Rather than everyone ganging up and yell troll (valid or not), they have clearly made up their mind and aren't here asking for help so let's wish them well and be amicable.

Or not.

I don't really care, do whatever you want.
It’s kinda hard to wish people well when they do something that’s rude.

What exactly is the point of joining just to complain and bash the car?

The OP isn’t looking for opinions. Like you said, mind made up.

Isn’t looking for solutions.

Just what? Either looking for validation or just looking to complain……or a paid plant.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Selling Mach-E. I’m done. A87112D7-AB54-4F0E-9E55-E1D187BF7332

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Appears to be more like you promoting Tesla no? For the mach-e you need to be a bit tech savvy right now so understand.
Hi, I’m new here.

In summary, Mach E sucks, Tesla rules, and I’m not a troll.

I’ll now be taking questions.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
I’m actually just at the point of trying to be objective and not a fanboy. I no longer want to lie to myself like most of us about how great the Mach-E is when I have now seen the competition and understand they are very far ahead. I use to think Tesla is dumb and the Mach-E is the greatest EV out there, until I sat in a Tesla and saw first hand they appear years ahead of the Mach-E. Not a troll, just an objective point of view. If you think I’m happy about spending close to $60k on a EV and then not liking it, you are incorrect.
I have to disagree to a certain extent. I'm a very tech-savy and tech-obsessed person and while the Mach E doesn't blow my socks off with its software, what more could you want? Just flip on Apple Carplay or Android Auto and drive. The car has an incredible amount of customizability for settings and it handles well, accelerates extremely fast (faster than you'll ever need), and looks better than any Tesla (bar the Model S, I'm a sucker for a fast sedan). I don't think I would like a Tesla very much because it doesn't have Apple Carplay. That's sort of a must-have, "set it and forget it" feature for me in any new car.
If in 3 years when I trade this in Tesla is doing AMAZING things with software compared to Ford then I'll consider one, but the Mach E has been great for me. I like to think I'm taking an objective look at both cars.

OP
OP

Jesse H

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, F150
Country flag
The point is to stop being a fanboy like I was. Enjoy your MME but don’t be like Tesla fanboys who refuse to be objective. I paid close to $60k on a car then refuted the competition to make myself feel better. I should have paid close to $60k on a car, recognize that the competition does some things better after all and still be okay with my purchase. In this instance, I cannot. I can not objectively be okay with my car knowing it’s lackluster on so many accords. Looks only goes so far before I have to actually interact with it.

Also, I wish I was getting paid for this.

Everyone needs to take a step back, stop lying to themselves, and remain objective. It’s okay to say that the Mach-E looks awesome compared to Tesla but is short on other levels. For me, it was those other levels that made me decide to get rid of the Mach-E.

It’s kinda hard to wish people well when they do something that’s rude.

What exactly is the point of joining just to complain and bash the car?

The OP isn’t looking for opinions. Like you said, mind made up.

Isn’t looking for solutions.

Just what? Either looking for validation or just looking to complain……or a paid plant.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Selling Mach-E. I’m done. A87112D7-AB54-4F0E-9E55-E1D187BF7332

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
That’s the point, the Mach-E isn’t tech savvy at all. Ford confused people by having a 15 inch display but it’s still running the out dated Sync OS. Don’t get me wrong, if you came from another ICE car, you would think the MME is amazing. But seeing the competition that Ford used as a goal, it’s unexplainable to me that the Mach-E is still subpar.
I completely agree… Teslas implementation of CarPlay and FandroidAuto are much better than Fords. I mean, it’s like you don’t even notice that it’s even there. So smooth.

kltye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME Premium RWD
Country flag
I don't understand the need to have an EV be a laptop on wheels. I'm driving a car, not using a computer. I think you'll see there are lots of us who think PaaK does suck, and we do wish we already had Powerup 1.4 or 1.6 or 1.7.1, or that BlueCruise is already out, but don't tell us that we (like, all of us?) are lying to ourselves because we prioritize different things from you. This is probably where the pushback comes from.

I far prefer a more practical car - a frunk that is easily washable, non-frameless windows, a normal OBD port for when I want to tinker with it, physical windshield wiper controls, just to name a few - rather than one that has a super duper responsive touchscreen and a 0-60 time that I'll use three times to impress friends.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.