Selling Mach-E, what do I need to do in Ford Pass?

gafear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I'm selling my car in the next few weeks (getting offers from the online sites and a Ford dealership). What should I do on Ford Pass on the day I sell? How do I tell the app I'm not the owner anymore so the new one can register the car?
Sponsored

mlhunt856

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium 4X, 2021 GT
Country flag
I'm not sure but I think if you just go to the Vehicle tab and hit Remove Vehicle (at the bottom) that should take care of it.

You probably also want to do a Master Reset on Sync 4 in the car as well (Settings-->Reset-->Master Reset).

mlhunt856

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium 4X, 2021 GT
Country flag
If you don't mind sharing I'd like to know (1) why you're getting rid of the car and (2) how much you get for it.

OP
OP

gafear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER
Country flag
1 I'm moving out of Country and local allows do not allow import of used cars :)

2 best offer so far was 54k

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
You do a Master Reset in the settings menu of the vehicle. You can then delete the vehicle from FordPass, but you'd have no access anyway.

You should also reset the garage remote, hold the two outside buttons until the lights flash, which is about 10 seconds.

treasy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium RWD SR Mach-E / LR AWD MY
Country flag
1 I'm moving out of Country and local allows do not allow import of used cars :)

2 best offer so far was 54k
make sure you get quotes from the online car buyers like carvana, carmax and vroom. 54k sounds low for a AWD ER premium. These dealers are putting huge markups on any car they can find

OP
OP

gafear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER
Country flag
make sure you get quotes from the online car buyers like carvana, carmax and vroom. 54k sounds low for a AWD ER premium. These dealers are putting huge markups on any car they can find

There is a small scratch on the back of the car that looks like Carvana is discounting 1-1.5k for it

Given my timeline for my move I'd probably be ok losing that versus fixing it myself (and being without a car for a few weeks)

20220205_123501.jpg

treasy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium RWD SR Mach-E / LR AWD MY
Country flag
There is a small scratch on the back of the car that looks like Carvana is discounting 1-1.5k for it

Given my timeline for m
that changes things. 54k is pretty good, especially if you got the tax credit you'll probably break even

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I would have asked a body shop to polish out what they could for $100 and then put it up for sale. That's not "a small scratch". That's "many scratches".

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag

Given my timeline for my move I'd probably be ok losing that versus fixing it myself (and being without a car for a few weeks)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Selling Mach-E, what do I need to do in Ford Pass? 20220205_123501
Not a small scratch, but that looks fixable for cheap. Definitely worth seeing what a body shop would do.

(Though in my wild and crazy younger years, i would have taken a little rubbing compound and a sponge to see if those scratches could be polished a little myself.)

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Just do a master reset within Sync, no need to even touch the Ford Pass app. Once you do a Master Reset, you'll get an email saying that you have 48 hours to cancel it. The car was instantly removed from Ford Pass when I did this.

Bullitt_&_MME

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Bullitt; 2018 Expedition Max Limited
Occupation
Logistics
Country flag
how much was your car new? $54k sounds decent!

OP
OP

gafear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER
Country flag
The total cost with taxes, fees, plates etc I remeber was $59 and some change

OP
OP

gafear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER
Country flag
One Ford dealership actually matched the Driveway offer of $54k..so I'm selling my car this Friday
Sponsored