Illinois Selling my Premium RWD SR Carbonized Gray Mach E Chicago area (northern suburbs) SOLD

mixduptransistor

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Mach E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
I doubt the dealer forgot about the tax credit. Based on the reports that dealers are marking up new ones, this dealer figures they could still get someone to buy for something north of $46K, as compared to a new one with ADM subtracting for the tax credit.
Dealer is probably counting on getting someone who doesn't know about the tax credit, or quite possibly flat out lying about it. "Yeah you should still get it" but in the fine print of whatever you sign saying we're not your tax advisor etc etc
Sponsored

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
So basically the car is worth 44K minus the $7500 tax credit since the original owner still can get it. So $36.5K would be the opening offer.
No. He is being offered 44 by the dealer

pdxzzr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach-E First Edition
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Dealer is probably counting on getting someone who doesn't know about the tax credit, or quite possibly flat out lying about it. "Yeah you should still get it" but in the fine print of whatever you sign saying we're not your tax advisor etc etc
Any dealer doing that should be put out of business.

I'm guessing the dealer thought process is more like this:
- They already ADM their new ones to around $53K-$54K
- The buyer then rationalizes that buying somewhere between $46K-$48K is a great deal, since they can look at it as getting the benefit of most or all of the full tax credit without having to wait for year, or if they know they wouldn't get the full tax credit anyway.
- Given that the dealer made something off the initial sale, this gets them maybe another $2K-$4K to turn this one around, which they're betting will happen relatively quickly.

The OP is (maybe?) satisfied that he gets out of it more or less even, because he gets the tax credit to make up for the loss delta, dealer makes more than they should on the same car, and eventual buyer thinks they got a deal. So win-win-win, maybe?

Bobobobob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Any dealer doing that should be put out of business.

I'm guessing the dealer thought process is more like this:
- They already ADM their new ones to around $53K-$54K
- The buyer then rationalizes that buying somewhere between $46K-$48K is a great deal, since they can look at it as getting the benefit of most or all of the full tax credit without having to wait for year, or if they know they wouldn't get the full tax credit anyway.
- Given that the dealer made something off the initial sale, this gets them maybe another $2K-$4K to turn this one around, which they're betting will happen relatively quickly.

The OP is (maybe?) satisfied that he gets out of it more or less even, because he gets the tax credit to make up for the loss delta, dealer makes more than they should on the same car, and eventual buyer thinks they got a deal. So win-win-win, maybe?
You were close! I'm guessing the dealer has this car now. I just got a call from a North Suburban Chicago Ford Dealer that they have a slightly used RWD Carbonized Gray for sale. $49,995!!!