OP
silverelan

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Yet here I am and I am telling you my 2020 Model X doesn’t get no where near 305. Not even on a good day with a tail wind
Yes thank you and I know, I was being sarcastic. I'm well aware that Teslas fail to hit their rated range. I gotta put that /s tag on things I guess!
Sponsored

OP
OP
silverelan

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
@BIGBIGSURGE, that was a really cool little video update you made. Is there a bigger road trip video coming? How was the spacing of the EA chargers on your trip and how was your experience using them, especially coming from a background of Supercharger visits?

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
Not that strange.
There are already many studies and articles showing that Tesla's EPA range claims are exaggerated, or at least optimistic. In the real life highway range tests, where it matters most, Tesla cars perform worst (as % of EPA range achieved) compared to any other EV.
Tesla is to be commended for squeezing out every loophole in the regulations, and getting the biggest EPA range number it can. It is marketing genius. Unfortunately, the worst kept secret is that Tesla can't make anything remotely close to the EPA range in the real world. Well, still secret to the Tesla fan base, lol.

BIGBIGSURGE

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model X P100D, 2017 Hyundai Ioniq EV
Country flag
@BIGBIGSURGE, that was a really cool little video update you made. Is there a bigger road trip video coming? How was the spacing of the EA chargers on your trip and how was your experience using them, especially coming from a background of Supercharger visits?
Yeah, Ford will share the other part, standby.

Slowlsx9749

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach e
Country flag
This the protector y’all are talking about?
I wonder what he got installed - the only one available requires wetting and squeegee - not sure I want to do that yet
They also offer the cluster, if you purchase them together you get a discount on their website. As far as the whole wet install, it’s not very much water at all. I had their protector on my Ram 12.1” screen and it’s literally a fine mist.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Sergio's Pacific to Atlantic cross-country trip in Mach-E First Edition 4F2FA04C-1334-47C4-B905-0A7072A8C808
Ford Mustang Mach-E Sergio's Pacific to Atlantic cross-country trip in Mach-E First Edition 4F2FA04C-1334-47C4-B905-0A7072A8C808
Ford Mustang Mach-E Sergio's Pacific to Atlantic cross-country trip in Mach-E First Edition CECA4ED1-40AD-482B-AA79-CFA5D0D1B0DA
Ford Mustang Mach-E Sergio's Pacific to Atlantic cross-country trip in Mach-E First Edition 8669B111-FBAC-4CC8-8595-3E57433A72BA

rafpug

First Name
Rafa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 -| Mach E, EX, RWD, Star White
Country flag
Whats he point of a screen protector for this? On phones it makes since since its in your pocket where it moves with other things in your pocket, or slides on surfaces daily, etc, but the screens on cars dont they are fixed with nothing but your soft fingers touching the screen. Your fingers shouldn't scratch the screen at all. Owned a model 3 with no screen protector and 0 scratches.

Not meant to be be negative, just curious.

BIGBIGSURGE

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicles
Country flag
Whats he point of a screen protector for this? On phones it makes since since its in your pocket where it moves with other things in your pocket, or slides on surfaces daily, etc, but the screens on cars dont they are fixed with nothing but your soft fingers touching the screen. Your fingers shouldn't scratch the screen at all. Owned a model 3 with no screen protector and 0 scratches.

Not meant to be be negative, just curious.
Mine helped with the glare from the sun and fingerprints. Those fingerprints all over the screen was annoying

BIGBIGSURGE

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicles
Country flag
This the protector y’all are talking about?

They also offer the cluster, if you purchase them together you get a discount on their website. As far as the whole wet install, it’s not very much water at all. I had their protector on my Ram 12.1” screen and it’s literally a fine mist.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Sergio's Pacific to Atlantic cross-country trip in Mach-E First Edition 8669B111-FBAC-4CC8-8595-3E57433A72BA
Glad to see you linked up with them!

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Mine helped with the glare from the sun and fingerprints. Those fingerprints all over the screen was annoying
So far I haven't been noticing glare, simply because the angles haven't created any that I would see. If there were something in the car (like the passenger holding something that reflected the sun into the screen, that might do it, but that should be rare.

I do get a lot of fingerprints though. I always keep a microfiber cloth in each door compartment anyway to clean sunglasses, so I just wipe the screen down periodically.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I have noticed lots of finger prints as well and glare sometimes from outside sun. Was not sure if this cut down on glare but good to hear that it helped you with glare.

OldEVGuy

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium 4X
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
https://insideevs.com/news/492036/ford-mustang-mach-e-road-trip/

Ford Mustang Mach-E Performs Very Well In First Coast-To-Coast Road Trip

gustavo-henrique-ruffo1.jpg

By: Gustavo Henrique Ruffo

You’ve already heard about Sergio Rodriguez here: he also owns a Tesla Model X.
Sergio Rodriguez shared some of his stories about EVs with us. One of them was famous: his Tesla Model X poured water from left the A-pillar when it passed through any puddles. Rodriguez’s video with that went viral. His new video would not surprise us to follow the same path: it brings information about what is probably the first coast-to-coast Ford Mustang Mach-E road trip.
Rodriguez still has a Tesla Model X, but it is not that one. He made a deal with the company and bought the one he shows in this video. He was also one of the first customers to get the Mach-E. That probably helped him compare the two electric SUVs with a lot more background.
ach-e-does-great-in-first-coast-to-coast-road-trip.jpg

His road trip left from Murrieta, in California, towards the Atlantic Ocean, which put 2,466 miles on the clock. The Mach-E consumed 790 kWh in the road trip, which gives it an energy consumption of 3.1 kWh per mile.
Rodriguez also kept track of how much time he spent charging and the amount of money the trip cost him in electricity. Charging at the Electrify America network took 586 minutes, or a little less than 10 hours, and it cost the Mach-E owner $159.85.
ach-e-does-great-in-first-coast-to-coast-road-trip.jpg

According to Rodriguez, range anxiety should not be a concern for people that do not have a Tesla. The Electrified America chargers were responsible for more than 90 percent of the charging. Still, the Mach-E owner said there were plenty more to choose from, such as “EVGo, ChargePoint, Greenlots, Volta, and many more!” The highest charging speed he got was 159 kW. Rodriguez said that the Mach-E is rated at 150 kW but was able to pull a lot more.
More Ford Mustang Mach-E News:

As much as Rodriguez also likes the Model X, he said he misses many features the Mach-E offers, such as the 360 camera, a wireless charging pad, the hands-free trunk opener, and the ambient lighting that allows him to change the interior color. Another plus is the front camera with a washer.
Now that deliveries started, we’ll probably see a lot more road trips with the Mach-E. If you were to ask Rodriguez his opinion on whether to buy one or not, so far, he would definitely recommend it.