Seriously considering the Tesla Y now, talk me down

Accord07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Mexican made cars aren’t the only paint jobs Tesla compares unfavorably, and while MI and TN probably have fewer environmental regulations than CA I doubt EU countries do.

Moreover I’m skeptical of the idea that stringent environmental regulations necessarily lead to bad paint jobs. More expense, sure. Less choices, maybe.

Most of all if this was actually the issue Elon would never ever shut up about it.
Exactly. Paint job is something that automakers have figured out a long time ago, there are plenty of crappy cars out there with decent paint jobs. While it is true that NUMMI did not have to contend with new rules on VOC concentration that went into effect on October 1, 2009 (GM pulled out in June that year, and Toyota announced its closure a few months later), Canada has adopted similar regulations based on CARB recommendations since then and yet there is no such myth regarding the paint job quality of Ford/Chrysler/GM vehicles assembled in Ontario.
Sponsored

Last edited:

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Thank God Ford is so much better than Tesla. 5 Car Brands with the Most Recalls—and 6 with the Fewest

Yep, no problems here at Ford. Ford's profits fall nearly 99% for year, due to Explorer woes

It's so good to know that nobody has warranty issues with their Fords. Ford EcoBoost Engine Leak So Bad There’s A Class-Action Lawsuit Ford Dual Clutch Transmission Class Action Lawsuit

Give me a break. Is there an issue with some Ys coming off the line with defects? Yes. Too many? Yes. So if you buy one, inspect it closely, like you should do with any car purchase. Will there be issues with some Mach-Es? Yes. But hey, lets be so insecure about the Mach-e that we have to cry about the Y "It's bad!". Guess what, it's not. It's a great car, and that's why Ford is trying to emulate Tesla. I hope the Mach-e GT Performance is better than the Y; I'll buy one if it is. Even with all of the problems Ford has had, I still figure it's a good car. It's funny as shit how people get so upset that other people are happy with their choice in cars. Tesla has the highest EVER customer satisfaction rate; let's hope that the Mach-e turns things around for Ford.

There is no perfect car. Every car will have issues. A few anecdotal videos are meaningless. Add to the fact that many internet videos are complete and utter bullshit. Really, I thought every knew that by now. "It's on the internet so it must be true." Right. All of that said I think it's very important to look very closely at a Y before purchasing it. Tesla is letting too many problems through. Kind of just like Ford.

Both the Y and the E have pros and cons:

The E will almost certainly have better paint. Compare environmental restrictions for paint in Mexico and California and you'll quickly see why that will be the case. The E has more, and better, color choices over the Y. That said, the vast majority of Y's have fine paint for a factory paint job. I'll be comparing the paint on my Y to a Mach-e one of these days. The E may have better paint, but it will have to be a pretty damn good factory paint job.

Some will prefer the looks of one over the other. There are some that consider the Y ugly, there also many who consider the E ugly. And there are many fans of each as well. The E has a more traditional muscle car look which is less efficient than the Y's aerodynamic look. The E has a more "car like" look than the Y with a rear end that tapers down much faster. The Y looks more like an SUV because the roof does not slope down like the E.

The E has a more of a blend of traditional and digital interiors. The Y has a more minimalistic and digital interior. Many will prefer one over the other. Neither interior is inherently "better" than the other, except that the simpler Tesla interior has fewer parts prone to failure. (Switches and buttons.)

Both cars will be fast and fun to drive. The Y will be faster in a race though. Yep, both are rated 0-60 @ 4.8 seconds. The Ford uses a one foot roll out to get that number, the Tesla does not. 2020 Tesla Model Y Dual Motor Long Range Tested: This Is the "Slow" One The Tesla will do better on windy roads and on the track due to it's 255 wide tires compared to the Ford's 225s. We don't know how the brakes compare between the two because Ford refuses to release the E's actual brake size. Ford continues to release specs for it's brakes that are physically impossible to implement given the wheel size, whether intentionally or because of marketing stupidity we don't know.

The Y will have greater day to day range than the E. The AWD Y is rated at 326 miles, the AWD E 270 miles. To compare real world trip range between the two will require side by side testing. Nothing else is trustworthy. We've recently had one member here post trip data on the Y which is clearly designed to be biased against the Y, whether that bias is intentional or subconscious I don't know. I've offered to do a side by side test with forum members contributing to test conditions, no one has stepped up to commit to such a test. It seems likely that at higher speeds the E will fare even worse against the Y due to the aerodynamics of the two cars. Muscle car looks are great, but everything in life has a trade off. The Y will suffer less range degradation than the E anytime the weather is cold enough to require cabin heat due to the heat pump. This will hold true even at temperatures below heat pump usefulness, because the HVAC system in the Y can scavenge waste heat from the motors and battery for cabin heating. The E can not.

The Y will be better in the snow due to better ground clearance, 5.5" compared to 6.75". Also, "Off Road" mode in the Y is an absolute gem in the snow, I know this from experience. I've driven right by stuck Subarus up on Mt. Hood. Without "Off Road" mode I would likely have been digging out along with the Subarus. I don't know if the E has any similar mode.

If you have large dogs and want them to ride behind the rear seat, the Y is the clear choice. The roof slope that makes the E more car like also limits size in the rear cargo compartment.

If you need or want to tow, the Y is the clear choice. The Y tows 3500 pounds, the E tows zero. The Y has an available roof rack and hitch mounted rack, as far as I am aware the E does not.

The Y has more cargo space and that cargo space is more functional as well, with a large "trunk" area under the floor. The E on the other hand has a cargo cover that is not available on the Y. Given the 600 pounds extra weight of the E and the fact that the E has lower load rated tires than the Y, it's obvious that the Y will have much greater load carrying capacity. Consider though that we haven't seen a production E in a consumers hands. Perhaps production cars will be equipped with tires that have higher load ratings.

The E appears to have better functionality with it's mobile app. It allows you to schedule charging from the app, the Y does not. This may change of course.

The E's "hands off" driving is far more limited than the Y's "Autopilot", with the E's being functional only on a limited selection of roads. The Y's autopilot functionality is included in the purchase price, the E's is not. The E promises to be "hands free", the Y will almost certainly be "hands free" before the E gets this functionality. The E has nothing to compare to Tesla's "FSD", on the other hand "FSD" is expensive and a gamble at this time. It may allow totally autonomous driving at some point, it may not.

Ford has a much larger service network than Tesla. Tesla has a better warranty and mobile service that will come to your door. That said, certain heavy maintenance issues may need to be addressed at a Service Center. Even though Tesla will pay to have the car towed, this would still be a PITA. Ford's dealer/service network is both a blessing and a curse. A close by Ford dealer will be more convenient for sure. Conversely, dealers make most of their money from service. The fact that Ford dealers are supporting the Mach-e says they feel there will be money to be made servicing it.

Tesla has a much better charging network than what the E will have access to. The third party chargers that The E will use are notorious for having issues regarding payment and charging. Tesla superchargers are more widespread and far more convenient to use. That said, given three to five years I'd guess that will become a moot point.

TLDR: The Mach-e Has more traditional muscle car looks and a superior service network. The Y has a more aerodynamic shape, greater range, is faster and has greater utility than the E.
Yep, All auto manufacturers have recalls. Did someone say they didn't?
But tesla is at the bottom with vehicles have far fewer parts. Big difference there.
No woes at ford. Bronco, bronco sport, f-series truck, Mache, ranger transit, lincoln navigator besides the hurt from covid ford outlook is great.
Insecure lol nope just showed videos from tesla owners with facts on the model y.
None of the videos looked like BS to me. Fact on fact.
You say the interior of a tesla has fewer parts for failure. If that is right with so many fewer parts there is a lot of failure going on with tesla.
0 to 60 is the same seen both did both know what they can do. Now u can be faster 0to60 if you pay 2,000 more with the tesla. The GT 0 to 60 I do not know what it really is have not driven it. But says 3.5 so same as tesla. Again driven both hmhm did this other person?

Tesla on winding road, tesla on snow? I have driven both in both lol Did the other person? Nope, tesla is not better in either. And the wind noise in the model y is way worse. Yes, Tesla is trying to fix it with the model y, but when we inspected it, it sounded more like it was coming from the windshield. So we can wait and hope tesla makes it better.

As far as range. No argument there tesla has more range. how much yep test soon will show. The model y was built way more for aero than looks. But For some reason, I have a feeling the range is not going to be as big as some people think. Just a feeling. Will tesla still have more range. YES.

Yep, a heat pump will help. No disagreement there. But it has to work right? For some people, it's not working. Not just a few a big problem right now. Let's see Friday in Cincinnati the tesla shop have 12 model y there with heat pump problems. First-hand knowledge no internet knowledge there.

Hands-free can't compare since I have not tried it on the mache. Tesla, I have and it worked well. Other traffic makes it more worrisome than you as the driver but that will be with all hands-free. No compare one way or other since have not used it on the mache. Can"t think one is better than the other but no data on it yet.

Plenty of room in the back for dogs lol. A none issue in either. Cargo space is as close as you can get also. Does the model y have just a little more room? Fact yes it does. Nothing major but yes it has more cargo room.

Brakes well can't comment. It's all good though.
Towing yep model y.
As far as service centers? they do it to make money? why else wouldn't they? Sorry, they are all bad not so. Yes, it is a pain in the ass when something is wrong with a tesla. It can be a long process and time to take it somewhere or wait. Going on a Friday one week from Louisville to Cincinnati to drop off a tesla and have to come back the next week to pick it up is a lot more of a problem than a dealer right down the road.

CHarging stations, yepo tesla has more now. But that gap is closing rapidly. As far as the charging curve that will be out Tuesday I'm sure. But problems wise tesla or any other ones have problems, from miss-use. Seen many tesla chargers abused. In fact charging last week two of the charging stations were down for repair. The one we used it would not unhook. Learned something that day.
In the cargo area on the model 3 there is a manual release to pull to get it to release. The plastic around the connections was bent.
Some people have been in both, some people have driven both. ?

Last edited:

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Lincoln Earns Top Spot in J.D. Power Sales Satisfaction Index Study for 2020

Dec-10-2020

Congratulations are in order for the entire Lincoln team, as the brand takes home a big win – earning top spot in the J.D. Power Sales Satisfaction Index Study for 2020, moving up five spots over the 2019 ranking. This is a huge achievement for the team, as Lincoln and its dealer partners delivered exceptional client experiences and world-class vehicles this year, despite numerous challenges that arose in 2020.
The study, now in its 35th year, has been redesigned to place greater emphasis on digital retail and remote buying. It measures customers’ satisfaction with selecting vehicles from inventory, receiving credit approval, purchase price agreements and complete purchase paperwork.
Lincoln’s standard Pickup and Delivery service continues to be a key differentiator for the brand, with more than 223,000 experiences in 2020.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Mexican made cars aren’t the only paint jobs Tesla compares unfavorably, and while MI and TN probably have fewer environmental regulations than CA I doubt EU countries do.

Moreover I’m skeptical of the idea that stringent environmental regulations necessarily lead to bad paint jobs. More expense, sure. Less choices, maybe.

Most of all if this was actually the issue Elon would never ever shut up about it.
It's not clear that Tesla cares too much about air quality laws on paint, anyway.

Tesla Factory Has Dozens of Environmental Violations - TYT.com

Nak

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance, Tesla Model 3, 1992 K1500 Blazer
Country flag
@trutolife27 , LOL, I'm not putting down Ford or the Mach-e. Just the opposite in fact. I'm just pointing out that for every video you can point to showing something negative about Tesla, I can the same with Ford. Neither really means anything. I know for a fact that the Y is a great car as I own one. I've driven just about every make on the planet. I've restored cars, I've swapped engines and done massive mods. I have no attachment to any brand. I love all great cars, including the Y. I'm pretty sure I'll love the Mach-e as well.

Yep, All auto manufacturers have recalls. Did someone say they didn't?
But tesla is at the bottom with vehicles have far fewer parts. Big difference there.
Did you read the article I posted? Here it is again:
5 Car Brands with the Most Recalls—and 6 with the Fewest

You say the interior of a tesla has fewer parts for failure. If that is right with so many fewer parts there is a lot of failure going on with tesla.
No, there's not.

0 to 60 is the same seen both did both know what they can do. Now u can be faster 0to60 if you pay 2,000 more with the tesla. The GT 0 to 60 I do not know what it really is have not driven it. But says 3.5 so same as tesla. Again driven both hmhm did this other person?
I'm not talking about the GT or the Performance Y, just the AWD versions of each. Looking at it, it does seem that the car in that article has the performance boost. (Hopefully Ford will offer one too.) Other than that, I'm using Ford's numbers. Ford advertises a 0-60 time in the states of 4.8 seconds using a one foot roll out. That equates to about 5.0 without the roll out. The Tesla non-performance models do not use the roll out. (Advertised times for the performance models do use the rollout, just like Ford.) So apples to apples, the non-boosted AWD Y does 0-60 in 4.8 seconds, compared to Ford's advertised 5.0-5.1 if you skip the rollout. Now, maybe Ford is advertising less than what the E can do. But if so, why use a one foot roll out time? Well find out at a drag strip soon I'm sure.

Tesla on winding road, tesla on snow? I have driven both in both lol Did the other person? Nope, tesla is not better in either.
Snow: sorry but no. On a plowed road, sure. In deeper snow the Y has more ground clearance. The E is going to high center and get stuck before the Y does. Just like a Y is going to high center and get stuck long before an F-150. If you tried to follow me some of the places I've gone in my Y with a Mach-e, you'd need a tow truck to get home. Again, just like If I tried to follow an F-150 in my Y. To coin an old phrase: there's no substitute for inches of ground clearance. Winding road? We'll see for sure on a track near you soon, but I'm guessing 600 more pounds on 30cm narrower tires is going to be a hard handicap to overcome.

As far as range. No argument there tesla has more range. how much yep test soon will show. The model y was built way more for aero than looks. But For some reason, I have a feeling the range is not going to be as big as some people think. Just a feeling. Will tesla still have more range. YES.
I'm still waiting for someone to step up and plan a side by side test under monitored conditions. Maybe you could help with that.

Yep, a heat pump will help. No disagreement there. But it has to work right? For some people, it's not working. Not just a few a big problem right now. Let's see Friday in Cincinnati the tesla shop have 12 model y there with heat pump problems. First-hand knowledge no internet knowledge there.
Cool. 12 out of how many hundreds of thousands sold? Or are you saying Ford will have zero issues with HVAC on any car they sell from here on? That would be very cool.

Plenty of room in the back for dogs lol. A none issue in either. Cargo space is as close as you can get also. Does the model y have just a little more room? Fact yes it does. Nothing major but yes it has more cargo room.
If you have small dogs or are willing to put the rear seats down, sure. The Y has barely enough head room for dogs behind the rear seat according to the dog owners I know. The E has considerably less. Look at a picture of the side by side from the rear. That said, sure some owners don't care as much about how much space their dogs have, and most people don't cart around big dogs. But if you do, it's pretty easy to see that the Y has a lot more dog headroom behind the rear seats. I'm hoping the E has the weight carrying capacity to use it's cargo room, because the Es I have seen--NOT production models--had tires that would seriously limit carrying capacity. Hopefully this is a non-issue. We'll see soon.

Brakes well can't comment. It's all good though.
You're an insider, why is Ford misrepresenting the size of the brakes? I'd understand saying nothing, but at this point they are effectively lying about the brakes by continuing to print brake size specs that are patently impossible. This is not good for the Mach-e. It's a point of ridicule on several forums I've seen. Not a Tesla Forum, but I've seen Mustang guys writing some pretty nasty stuff. Why is Ford opening up the E to this kind of abuse?

As far as service centers? they do it to make money? why else wouldn't they? Sorry, they are all bad not so. Yes, it is a pain in the ass when something is wrong with a tesla. It can be a long process and time to take it somewhere or wait. Going on a Friday one week from Louisville to Cincinnati to drop off a tesla and have to come back the next week to pick it up is a lot more of a problem than a dealer right down the road.
I'm sure not all are bad. My experience has been bad with every brand but BMW and Tesla, but I'm just one person. But let's face it, car dealers in general have a very bad reputation in this country; a lot of people have had bad experiences. And I did point out that it could be a PITA to own a Tesla if you're a long ways from a service center, so we're agreed on that point.

CHarging stations, yepo tesla has more now. But that gap is closing rapidly.
Pretty much what i said.

Some people have a vested interest in bad mouthing one, while some people want both to succeed.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Long story short for laymen: California has very stringent requirements on what can be in paint. The things they restrict make it much easier to achieve a quality paint job. Mexico does not have most of these restrictions, and the ones they do are not enforced. The paint that Ford can use in Mexico is of much better quality than what they can use in California. Better, as in easier to apply, easier to get a quality finish, better as in the final paint after curing will be harder.

EDITED TO ADD: Of course, "better" in this case also means more nasty chemicals being released into the environment.
The lack of additives in the paint don't prevent actually spraying ALL of the exposed surfaces, nor from spraying haphazardly so that it is too thin in places.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@trutolife27 , LOL, I'm not putting down Ford or the Mach-e. Just the opposite in fact. I'm just pointing out that for every video you can point to showing something negative about Tesla, I can the same with Ford. Neither really means anything. I know for a fact that the Y is a great car as I own one. I've driven just about every make on the planet. I've restored cars, I've swapped engines and done massive mods. I have no attachment to any brand. I love all great cars, including the Y. I'm pretty sure I'll love the Mach-e as well.

Did you read the article I posted? Here it is again:
5 Car Brands with the Most Recalls—and 6 with the Fewest

No, there's not.

I'm not talking about the GT or the Performance Y, just the AWD versions of each. Looking at it, it does seem that the car in that article has the performance boost. (Hopefully Ford will offer one too.) Other than that, I'm using Ford's numbers. Ford advertises a 0-60 time in the states of 4.8 seconds using a one foot roll out. That equates to about 5.0 without the roll out. The Tesla non-performance models do not use the roll out. (Advertised times for the performance models do use the rollout, just like Ford.) So apples to apples, the non-boosted AWD Y does 0-60 in 4.8 seconds, compared to Ford's advertised 5.0-5.1 if you skip the rollout. Now, maybe Ford is advertising less than what the E can do. But if so, why use a one foot roll out time? Well find out at a drag strip soon I'm sure.

Snow: sorry but no. On a plowed road, sure. In deeper snow the Y has more ground clearance. The E is going to high center and get stuck before the Y does. Just like a Y is going to high center and get stuck long before an F-150. If you tried to follow me some of the places I've gone in my Y with a Mach-e, you'd need a tow truck to get home. Again, just like If I tried to follow an F-150 in my Y. To coin an old phrase: there's no substitute for inches of ground clearance. Winding road? We'll see for sure on a track near you soon, but I'm guessing 600 more pounds on 30cm narrower tires is going to be a hard handicap to overcome.

I'm still waiting for someone to step up and plan a side by side test under monitored conditions. Maybe you could help with that.

Cool. 12 out of how many hundreds of thousands sold? Or are you saying Ford will have zero issues with HVAC on any car they sell from here on? That would be very cool.

If you have small dogs or are willing to put the rear seats down, sure. The Y has barely enough head room for dogs behind the rear seat according to the dog owners I know. The E has considerably less. Look at a picture of the side by side from the rear. That said, sure some owners don't care as much about how much space their dogs have, and most people don't cart around big dogs. But if you do, it's pretty easy to see that the Y has a lot more dog headroom behind the rear seats. I'm hoping the E has the weight carrying capacity to use it's cargo room, because the Es I have seen--NOT production models--had tires that would seriously limit carrying capacity. Hopefully this is a non-issue. We'll see soon.

You're an insider, why is Ford misrepresenting the size of the brakes? I'd understand saying nothing, but at this point they are effectively lying about the brakes by continuing to print brake size specs that are patently impossible. This is not good for the Mach-e. It's a point of ridicule on several forums I've seen. Not a Tesla Forum, but I've seen Mustang guys writing some pretty nasty stuff. Why is Ford opening up the E to this kind of abuse?

I'm sure not all are bad. My experience has been bad with every brand but BMW and Tesla, but I'm just one person. But let's face it, car dealers in general have a very bad reputation in this country; a lot of people have had bad experiences. And I did point out that it could be a PITA to own a Tesla if you're a long ways from a service center, so we're agreed on that point.

Pretty much what i said.

Some people have a vested interest in bad mouthing one, while some people want both to succeed.
Recalls Tesla makes nowhere as many vehicles as others. and it's over 5 years. Lol, the recalls are coming in massive right now for tesla. Percentage-wise it is going to be a lot this year.

Again 0 to 60 is the same. maybe if you have driven both you would know> wait you haven't Some people have and tested it. But on December the 15th more will come out.

And driving in the snow, somehow I know more but December 15th again. The ground clearance is 5.8 to 6.1 inches of the model Y not even half of an inch. You make it sound like feet. And it will go where the model y goes dear lord.

the Mache has 1 inch more headroom than the model y in the rear seats. wrong you are there. and with the seats down that doesn't play into any difference. the little more cargo area with seats down is not affecting that.

don't see bad mouthing what I see are facts. Those people in those videos had problems and showed them. Again facts.

Done with the back and forth As I have seen and been in both I think I speak more. than reading with seeing.
Just spent last week and this week driving all Tesla models So again I know what it does good and bad. Not just on the interent. I have given props to tesla many times on here. Maybe you can read it or not. Have a nice day.

Accord07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Last week I read enough about brakes to last a lifetime, this week I am getting an education on paint. I so look forward to what's coming next week...:cool:

Nak

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The lack of additives in the paint don't prevent actually spraying ALL of the exposed surfaces, nor from spraying haphazardly so that it is too thin in places.
I guess if you care about surfaces that aren't visible. I really don't. The unpainted, not visible, surfaces are still coated and corrosion proof. I have not seen too thin paint, but I'm sure it happens. Regardless of the reasons, I'm willing to stipulate that you are more likely to get bad paint with a Tesla than a Mach-e. However, that does not mean that all or even most of the Ys have bad paint. I know the paint on my Y is excellent for a factory paint job. I'll be happy to see a Mach-e that has better paint than my Y, because that will mean the E has really outstanding paint. That said, Ford's Rapid Red is a better red than the red on my Y, at least for my taste. At least I can machine polish my Y, which means my Y will look better than most E's on the road once they have a few months on them.

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
To summarize, if you leave out that the MME looks better, handles better, rides better, has less road and wind noise, has a better build quality, has a higher quality interior, offers a hands free driving experience, and is less expensive, the MY is a hands down winner.

Nak

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The ground clearance is 5.8 to 6.1 inches of the model Y not even half of an inch. You make it sound like feet. And it will go where the model y goes dear lord.
That's good to hear, I was thinking 5.5" for the E. Still, it sounds like about an inch less than the Y AWD. That will make a difference under some circumstances. Every inch counts; that's why people pay for lift kits that don't even lift two full inches.

And it will go where the model y goes dear lord.
LOL, you really need to read my post just a bit closer. Tell you what though, you arrange for a production E to follow me for a couple of hours after the 15th. If that E can follow me in my Y without getting towed or dug out, I'll donate $1K to your favorite charity. If not, you donate $1K to my favorite charity. :) We can make a Youtube video! (Hint before you lose $1K: my Y is not stock.)

the Mache has 1 inch more headroom than the model y in the rear seats. wrong you are there. and with the seats down that doesn't play into any difference. the little more cargo area with seats down is not affecting that.
I wrote "dog headroom BEHIND the rear seats," not "rear seat headroom." In other words, dogs in the area BEHIND the rear seats will have considerably more headroom in the Y. That's very obvious looking at the cars.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That's good to hear, I was thinking 5.5" for the E. Still, it sounds like about an inch less than the Y AWD. That will make a difference under some circumstances. Every inch counts; that's why people pay for lift kits that don't even lift two full inches.

LOL, you really need to read my post just a bit closer. Tell you what though, you arrange for a production E to follow me for a couple of hours after the 15th. If that E can follow me in my Y without getting towed or dug out, I'll donate $1K to your favorite charity. If not, you donate $1K to my favorite charity. :) We can make a Youtube video! (Hint before you lose $1K: my Y is not stock.)

I wrote "dog headroom BEHIND the rear seats," not "rear seat headroom." In other words, dogs in the area BEHIND the rear seats will have considerably more headroom in the Y. That's very obvious looking at the cars.
This is the last comment back and forth. it's not an inch not even a half of an inch. and if your model y is not stock everything you said is empty and holds no point. Writing about it complaining stock to none. Childish talking. read it close, what you posted yes I did. nowhere did you point out anything different than what a knowledgeable person would take from it.

There is not a lot of headroom more in the area. Again seen both. The way the glass is it's not what you think.

And there goes my first ignore now I see why more people have you on their ignore list and why they are telling me to do the same. have a nice day.

Nak

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
the MME looks better,
Subjective. If your needs are met by either car, I'd say it's a great idea to buy the one you think looks better. I like them both.

handles better,
The Mach-e AWD against the Y AWD? Not a chance. The Y will slaughter it on the track. 600 pounds less weight, probably better brakes, better tires, quicker, faster.

The Mach-e GT performance against the Y performance? I hope so, we'll see. That's why I'm here; I'm hoping the GT performance is equipped to excel on the track. One Mach-e fan on this forum argued against it on another thread though. I hope he's wrong. I think the Mach-e GT is very close to being a great track day car. Magneride suspension should be a huge advantage if implemented properly. Track mode and a minimum of 13" brakes front and rear will both be required to take on the Y though. Don't forget, the Y holds the lap record at Button Willow for SUVs, besting even a Porsche 997 Turbo. The E is going to have to bring it's "A" game.

has a better build quality,
Maybe, I hope so. Still, do a good inspection before you buy should render this point moot.

offers a hands free driving experience,
No, will offer a hands free driving experience next year. Almost certainly Tesla will release this functionality before the E has it. Maybe not, we'll see in a year. Actually, I hope not. I'd rather see Ford drop it. I don't think any car short of L3 autonomy should allow your hand to remain off the wheel. That said, It would be great if Tesla implements eye tracking AND requires your hand on the wheel.

is less expensive,
If you count the federal tax rebate, yes.

the MY is a hands down winner.
Depending on your needs, either one may be the hands down winner.

Nak

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
it's not an inch not even a half of an inch.
You said the E had 5.8" to 6.0" ground clearance. I have measured the Y AWD--stock--at 6 3/4". That sounds like an inch to me, certainly well over half an inch.

Good day to you too. You have broken my heart with your ignore. ?

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
model Y long-range 50,000
Mache premium AWD EXT. 54,700 minus x-plan 700 and 1,000 incentives so 53,000. Mache 3,000 more. In some places, the incentives are 2,500 we will see more on the incentives on JAN 1st.

Now model y performance is 60,000
Mache GT is 59,565 with x-plan cheaper.
Prices as of right now.

what is the lowest Intrest rate you can get on the Model Y?
I know what the mache is. Does the model y HAve 0% or even .9%?
Sponsored