First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
model Y long-range 50,000
Mache premium AWD EXT. 54,700 minus x-plan 700 and 1,000 incentives so 53,000. Mache 3,000 more. In some places, the incentives are 2,500 we will see more on the incentives on JAN 1st.

Now model y performance is 60,000
Mache GT is 59,565 with x-plan cheaper.
Prices as of right now.

what is the lowest Intrest rate you can get on the Model Y?
I know what the mache is. Does the model y HAve 0% or even .9%?
Leave it alone, don't waste your energy. Use it for more constructive purposes.
Sponsored

OP
OP

ESilver

First Name
Sterling
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Titan, Sequioa, Yukon, Rogue
Occupation
Business
Country flag
Thanks all. After considering the many comments and points you have posted here I ordered a new MME yesterday. I has the select AWD, but chose to upgrade to premium AWD with the extended battery. I love the MME styling after seeing it in person, and the Ford reputation convinces me it will drive as good or better than a Y. My original order was not canceled so depending on the time delay from my original build, scheduled next week and the new one, likely well into 2021, maybe I will drive the select for a while and then sell it, or maybe just flip it, but the dealer said he would love to sell it if I don't take it.

FredT

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Passat Wagon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
And there goes my first ignore now I see why more people have you on their ignore list and why they are telling me to do the same. have a nice day.
OK, now I see why your last few posts have looked so odd. Apparently whoever it is you've been posting to is on my ignore list. Posts like this used to show ignored member name and indicate content being ignored. It's very confusing the new way.

SolarAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Occupation
Writer
Country flag
If it wasn't for the Model Y centre console impacting driver comfort, I would probably have a Model Y instead of the interminable wait for a Mach E.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
maybe I will drive the select for a while and then sell it, or maybe just flip it, but the dealer said he would love to sell it if I don't take it.
Just keep in mind that you can only get the EV tax credit once per tax year.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
What I don't understand is why Tesla doesn't address the quality control issues like gaps and paint etc. In the scheme of things, that should be an easy fix. That all could have corrected a year ago with a few production line tweaks and better inspections. I guess they just don't really care. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I simply can't buy a car with those sort of flaws, and service delays, being so common.

Mockingbird2004

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT
Occupation
Elevator Construction Mechanic
Country flag
I went to the MME show event at a dealer out of state this weekend. Since I was also visiting SLC I decided to test drive the Y. I was super impressed with the power and handling. The interior was very bland, and almost felt unfinished. However it made me take another look.

I have put together a spreadsheet and some of the big selling points are better warranty, much better range, than the MMR and available in 2-4 weeks. It is more expensive after the MME tax credit, but I won't see that until mid 2022 now (since 2020 tax year will not be possible).

Talk to me about range. I need AWD and will get the MME premium with extended battery. I also live in a cold climate (Idaho). My commute is 100 miles per day, which is why I am going electric, but that doesn't worry me. I often do weekend trips to Utah (250-500 miles each way depending on who I am visiting) and to the national parks (200-300 miles per day).

What can I realistically expect for highway range, in the winter with the MME AWD extended range and the Tesla Y long range (not performance)?
A Tesla model S,X,3 or Y pass you and you have to look twice to see which model it is. Sorry but Tesla cars are boring. Minimal color choices same front ends same rear ends. I am patiently waiting for my Star White MME GT performance thank you.

MattG

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Crosstrek, Lotus Elise, Jeep Wrangler LJ
Country flag
Snow: sorry but no. On a plowed road, sure. In deeper snow the Y has more ground clearance. The E is going to high center and get stuck before the Y does. Just like a Y is going to high center and get stuck long before an F-150. If you tried to follow me some of the places I've gone in my Y with a Mach-e, you'd need a tow truck to get home. Again, just like If I tried to follow an F-150 in my Y. To coin an old phrase: there's no substitute for inches of ground clearance.
That’s something that makes me a bit nervous about the Mach-E, though I havent been able to see it in person yet to judge it’s clearance. Even with plowed roads, you need to deal with entering and exiting that road and there’s often messy, tall snow berms to deal with. Parking lots and driveways can be even worse. I love my Crosstrek...with its snow tires and ground clearance it’s virtually unstoppable in the winter.

As for true range in a Mach-E in winter...mine is scheduled to be built at the end of this month, so I expect I’ll get it before the worst of winter hits. I can’t wait to see how it handles a road trip through Colorado then.

bprince

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Rapid Red AWD
Country flag
My PRIMARY reason for wanting the MME over the mY is CarPlay and the driver information cluster. IMO, Ford's willingness to accept 3rd party entertainment is a really smart move.

When all this wait time stuff is over with, ride comfort, infotainment, range, and service will be the real longstanding metrics. Tesla only leads in one of those categories.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
OK, now I see why your last few posts have looked so odd. Apparently whoever it is you've been posting to is on my ignore list. Posts like this used to show ignored member name and indicate content being ignored. It's very confusing the new way.
Go into your forum profile, and select "ignoring". At the bottom of the page are 2 settings that are checked by default. Uncheck them and you'll se more:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Seriously considering the Tesla Y now, talk me down Screen Shot 2020-12-11 at 11.55.58 AM

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That’s something that makes me a bit nervous about the Mach-E, though I havent been able to see it in person yet to judge it’s clearance. Even with plowed roads, you need to deal with entering and exiting that road and there’s often messy, tall snow berms to deal with. Parking lots and driveways can be even worse. I love my Crosstrek...with its snow tires and ground clearance it’s virtually unstoppable in the winter.

As for true range in a Mach-E in winter...mine is scheduled to be built at the end of this month, so I expect I’ll get it before the worst of winter hits. I can’t wait to see how it handles a road trip through Colorado then.
This may sound crazy, but I wonder if the Mach-E having such a smooth, flat underside might help it avoid high-centering as much? The thought being that an ICE vehicle often has all kind of bumps and indentations along the length of the underside that could "dig in" to snow if it does get high-centered, making it harder to get out (and more likely to dig in to begin with).

But with such a smooth, consistent underside, seems like it should slide right across the snow if it's deep enough to reach. Making it less likely to get stuck, and easier to get out if it does. And easier to rock out of a high-center if it does get suck.

Does that make any sense? Obviously ground clearance still matters because the bumper will just dig in, but as far as high-centering, seems like the smooth bottom might help.

Last edited:

stroszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Saab 92x
Country flag
I had a Subaru SVX which was a low and heavy vehicle and with snow tires it felt like it could go through anything besides never plowed roads.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
The second big factor that puts the MME at a disadvantage is winter conditions power consumption. One of the biggest drains on your electric battery in the winter is the use of the heater. The model Y uses heat pumps to help reduce this drain, the MME doesn't.
But this comes with a catch. Heat pumps work best in temperate regions because of how they work. They don't "create" heat ... they "move" heat from outside to inside (or inside to outside when cooling).

In parts of the country you can install a heat-pump (only) to provide both heating and cooling for your home. But in northern climates where temps will sink below the freezing point and remain there for months ... heat-pumps are no longer effective and a furnace is required.

I am wondering how the Model Y will do when it's single digit temps (°F) outside.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
But this comes with a catch. Heat pumps work best in temperate regions because of how they work. They don't "create" heat ... they "move" heat from outside to inside (or inside to outside when cooling).

In parts of the country you can install a heat-pump (only) to provide both heating and cooling for your home. But in northern climates where temps will sink below the freezing point and remain there for months ... heat-pumps are no longer effective and a furnace is required.

I am wondering how the Model Y will do when it's single digit temps (°F) outside.
I believe the Y comes with a heating coil as well for that reason. However, Bjorn Nyland did a comparison with his M3 without heat pump and a new one with a heat pump. While the energy used for heating his non-heat-pump car was much higher relative to the heat pump one, the overall impact on range and efficiency wasn't that high - on the order of 6% IIRC. That's just one test, but it is at least a real data point.
Sponsored