Service at 20,000 miles, is it necessary?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Thank you. My husband convinced me to do this at a dealer. I am going to where we bought it because I called another and they didn't seem thrilled about me coming there. They said only tire rotation and oil change and that they wouldn't do any warranty or other service because it was purchased elsewhere and they don't have enough EV certified techs. I didn't feel welcome so, I will go to the crappy one closer to my house.
"oil change" should have been enough for you to say "no thanks"...
Sponsored

SprManKalEl

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
"oil change" should have been enough for you to say "no thanks"...
Ha ha! It totally was. Then I reminded her that I had an EV and it doesn't need an oil change and she said she was just the receptionist and couldn't even tell me how much it would cost for the tire rotation, I had less confidence. However, the person answering the phone shouldn't be THAT unknowledgeable or rude. Maybe, even though I am from Philadelphia, 10 years of living in NJ is still not something I am used to.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
We need a master tire rotation thread. I’m going to get 45-50k miles out of my OEMs without doing a single rotation.

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
We need a master tire rotation thread. I’m going to get 45-50k miles out of my OEMs without doing a single rotation.
Agree. I was about to post that EV tires don't last 20,000 miles to rotate, but your post is intriguing!

rhfritz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE
Country flag
We're just now scheduling our 20K service. But on the topic of the cabin filter, while I would prefer to use it most of the time, even with climate control not on Automatic, I find that every time I toggle it on, the car toggles it off within a few minutes. And the UI interaction for toggling it back on while driving is a PITA. So I'm going to inspect mine, but I expect it to be pristine.

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
We're just now scheduling our 20K service. But on the topic of the cabin filter, while I would prefer to use it most of the time, even with climate control not on Automatic, I find that every time I toggle it on, the car toggles it off within a few minutes. And the UI interaction for toggling it back on while driving is a PITA. So I'm going to inspect mine, but I expect it to be pristine.
I ordered a few of those new premium filters from another thread. I am just going to swap it out myself next time I remember and it is over 50 degrees outside. I am at 25k miles, they didnt even mention doing it at my 20k service, that was $22 and a rotation and inspection.

Dustus

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT
Country flag
Agree. I was about to post that EV tires don't last 20,000 miles to rotate, but your post is intriguing!
My GT (not PE) is at 26k and tires are still good. Had them rotated once about 15k and they told me it probably didn't even need it. Said the tires were wearing extremely evenly. We shall see how far they get.
Sponsored