Service - Did you actually take in to Dealer

wblachfo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Expedition/Mach E
Country flag
So this is my first ev and have had it since August. I am about to reach the 10K mile mark and Ford recommends taking it in for service. Other then rotating tires is there really anything that needs to be done? Should I take it in or just get the tires rotated at a discount tire or tire shop?

Thanks,
Sponsored

TTF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium E4x
Country flag
I took mine in. They also check the battery system for leaks, check suspension and steering links, etc. Just be sure to fill your windscreen fluid.. My dealer has a flat rate of $20.00 for topping it up even if they only add 50ml!! I could have bought 4 or 5 jugs for that price LOL Live and learn...

mikeinet

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard AWD Tech/Comfort
Occupation
Cyber Security, First Responder
Country flag
Silly question.. but do tire shops get freaked out when they see an EV, or are they OK rotating tires and such there?
(haven't tried yet)

hack-e

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Prem AWD ER MME
Occupation
Robotics Engineer
Country flag
I took mine in so that there is a record that it has had the recommended preventative maintenance, in case warranty issues later question that. It was $24.95 total.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
So this is my first ev and have had it since August. I am about to reach the 10K mile mark and Ford recommends taking it in for service. Other then rotating tires is there really anything that needs to be done? Should I take it in or just get the tires rotated at a discount tire or tire shop?

Thanks,
Each service is described in the manual.

DennisD

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Driving School Instructor
Country flag
I took mine in so that there is a record that it has had the recommended preventative maintenance, in case warranty issues later question that. It was $24.95 total.
I didn't realize that it would be that inexpensive? To error on the side of caution, I am going to take mine to the Dealership. I only live 3 miles from the place I purchased it and $25.00 for every 10K isn't too bad in the grand scheme.

I just haven't reached 10K yet and I was wondering the same thing that the poster asked. With this particular car, I am going to average around 15K per year. $25 per year is minimal to keep the good gracious of warranty.

MetrowestZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
California AWD
Country flag
I took mine into another dealer for 10k service. The dealer not honoring the price from October 2021 and basically giving me a take it or leave it deal soured me on them. Remember you can use your Ford Rewards points to pay for service.

orangethunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
On order
Country flag
Mine was $39. I scheduled it along with some minor issues for warranty work for my convenience.

MachEMaster

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 GMC Yukon GT
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Country flag
I didn't realize that it would be that inexpensive? To error on the side of caution, I am going to take mine to the Dealership. I only live 3 miles from the place I purchased it and $25.00 for every 10K isn't too bad in the grand scheme.

I just haven't reached 10K yet and I was wondering the same thing that the poster asked. With this particular car, I am going to average around 15K per year. $25 per year is minimal to keep the good gracious of warranty.
It's also a good opportunity to use up some of your Fordpass points to pay for the Service.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I opted not to take mine in. The dealer called as a reminder and offered me the 10k service and an oil change. My car has been in the shop 16 times figured I could skip this one. I do swap summer and winter tires so no need for a rotation either.

The 30k service I will probably have done because it's close to warranty expiration and would like to catch anything that may be an issue

Last edited:

kdonnel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Route 1, 2020 Bolt EV
Country flag
I went to a different dealer than my purchase dealer for two reasons.

1. I hope to never have to return to my purchase dealer
2. I want to use up the FordPass points.

I think for the 20000 mile service I will try another dealer.

SprManKalEl

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag

Use your FordPass points to pay for it.

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
You can use your Ford Pass points to pay for it, that is what I did.

NoVAguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I took mine in. They also check the battery system for leaks, check suspension and steering links, etc. Just be sure to fill your windscreen fluid.. My dealer has a flat rate of $20.00 for topping it up even if they only add 50ml!! I could have bought 4 or 5 jugs for that price LOL Live and learn...
They did a lot more for you than for me! I believe my local dealer just rotated the tires. Nothing else. It was also free though so I guess I won't complain.
Sponsored