Service Manual or online resource for 2011-12 Ford E-Transit Connect Vans?

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Hey there e Team.....

This is not a Mach-e question as it is regarding a 2011-12 Ford/Azure e-Transit Connect van.... The 'mule' for Ford back in 2011-12.

I have a local friend who bought one used, and has been using it for his garden delivery business.... but recently developed problems with the charger. Since this was never really an official 'model', the local ford Dealerships want nothing to do with it, and are untrained in service/maintenance for this vehicle anyway.

I have built several of my own DIY conversion EVs, and so am familiar with the parts and pieces in general, but I do not have access to a 'shop manual', or the ability to order replacement parts specifically for this vehicle. It would be VERY helpful if I could get a copy of whatever shop service manual is available to help me troubleshoot, follow circuits and physical layout, and see if I can get the eTransit up and running....

The symptom is that the vehicle shows successful 'connection' when plugged in, and there are several audible 'clicks and clunks' of relays, but the charger never initiates the charge to the main traction pack. I would suspect the charger may have failed, or blown a fuse.... or the main pack voltage may be so low the charger errors out. There is no direct readout of pack voltage, just a empty-full gauge, and I do not have any documentation on what the nominal traction pack voltage *should* be, or if there is any way to check cell voltages within the pack to see if one or more cells have failed and brought the pack voltage below the level the charger recognizes the pack.

Can anybody with connections at Ford Corporate hook me up with a manual, or online resource to help troubleshoot/repair ?
- location/access instructions for charger
- nominal traction pack voltage specs to tell if it is just too low for charger
- location/access to cell voltages if out of balance, or failed
- can replacement parts for charger and/or traction battery cells be ordered thru Ford or Azure?
Sponsored