Heysteve

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E premium, '05 Mustang
Country flag
Just picked up my Mach-E premium extended on Wednesday. Was about to drive home yesterday and saw an alert saying the car needed service. Fordpass gave me two separate errors overnight. It was -10 degrees last night, so I’m hoping that was the reason for the error.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Service required? 080AE194-29A3-4293-9F95-A8AA4D62E3F9
Ford Mustang Mach-E Service required? C334419B-C0F1-4953-94A7-6C2BE723D7E8

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Cold weather shouldn’t do that. Did it go away? It would be interesting to plug in an OBDII scanner to see what codes it’s throwing.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I would definitely have the dealer try to diagnose it (fingers crossed they know how), but it may in fact be telling you that the battery performance is affected by such cold weather. Tesla (and I think chevy) just show a snowflake icon on the dash to let you know the battery is super cold, but perhaps this is a dignostic/debug the ford engineers left in the code (happens more than you'd think).

OP
OP
Heysteve

Heysteve

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Cold weather shouldn’t do that. Did it go away? It would be interesting to plug in an OBDII scanner to see what codes it’s throwing.
Sitting in the car now, and the error isn’t showing up on the screen anymore. It was very strange last night, the heated seats and heated steering wheel weren’t turning on. Everything seems to be working fine now though.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Sitting in the car now, and the error isn’t showing up on the screen anymore. It was very strange last night, the heated seats and heated steering wheel weren’t turning on. Everything seems to be working fine now though.
Maybe it was related to the cold then. But, as Tim said, that’s not the error they should be displaying for that.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
-10, I would be throwing errors myself........ brrrrr....

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
FOR SURE!

It's probably a very good idea to leave your car plugged in all the time at home; as I understand it most BEVs will warm the battery a bit when plugged in even if fully charged (don't know if the MME does). The good news is that there isn't any permanent damage done to the battery in really cold weather without that warming, it just doesn't perform as well as it would if it were warmed.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Just picked up my Mach-E premium extended on Wednesday. Was about to drive home yesterday and saw an alert saying the car needed service. Fordpass gave me two separate errors overnight. It was -10 degrees last night, so I’m hoping that was the reason for the error.
It needs to go back to the dealer. If you would like. Retrieve the codes and I can look them up for you. It looks like you can retrieve codes with the bezel diagnostic routine.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
FOR SURE!

It's probably a very good idea to leave your car plugged in all the time at home; as I understand it most BEVs will warm the battery a bit when plugged in even if fully charged (don't know if the MME does). The good news is that there isn't any permanent damage done to the battery in really cold weather without that warming, it just doesn't perform as well as it would if it were warmed.
Agree. My car asks to be plugged in at temps below 32 and above 97 degrees F.

janitorjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150 2001, explorer xlt 2013
Country flag
shouldn't have any errors on a brand new car. Suggest taking it in even though the error went away. Although I am not to confident the service will have the training yet to really tell if something is wrong or not

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
shouldn't have any errors on a brand new car. Suggest taking it in even though the error went away. Although I am not to confident the service will have the training yet to really tell if something is wrong or not
Agree. Must go back to the dealer.
They are trained well enough. The service manual reads just like all other Ford vehicles so they will be able to follow the pinpoint tests and get to the issue.

That particular message is the sort of message that will set codes and freeze frame data. They will definately find some codes.

When I got that message on my car.... Ford called me at home and told me to take it in (I had already dropped it off at the dealership earlier that Sunday morning....). They stayed in touch with me throughout the diagnostic and repair process. It took just over a week to make the repairs because a part had to be sent via air freight. Has been perfect since.

OP
OP
Heysteve

Heysteve

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It needs to go back to the dealer. If you would like. Retrieve the codes and I can look them up for you. It looks like you can retrieve codes with the bezel diagnostic routine.
Pulled up the diagnostics and couldn’t find any error codes.

image.jpg

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Service required? image
Ford Mustang Mach-E Service required? image
Eeek....I hope this isn't anything too serious. Good Luck

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
Can the MME display the battery temperature? I can use third party hardware to read the CMax Energi battery temperature in real time.
-10F in Minnesota is not too uncommon. I have seen as low as -29F in Northern Wisconsin (Jan 2019) and multiple -0F over the years.
Sponsored