Extortion

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E: Premium, ER, RWD
Country flag
Almost 700 miles in and I've already gotten a "Service Vehicle Soon" message on my new Mustang Mach-E.

I looked online and see I'm not part of any recall.

However, FordPass gives me 2 issues:
- HEV-Hazard
- Powertrain Malfunction / Reduced Power

Anyone else have these issues? Anyone know what these could mean? My Ford dealer doesn't know either since I'm the first to come back with any issues.

2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E, Extended Range, RWD, Premium Trim
Ford Mustang Mach-E "Service Vehicle Soon" - HEV-HAZARD & Powertrain Malfunction / Reduced Power 4F4D6B68-C94A-406F-9000-E5CDB313B137
Sponsored

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
It's a known issue that @machefan and I have experienced. If there is a lots of wireless signals around it will give you errors but nothing is actually wrong. Ford is already working on fixing this.

OP
OP
Extortion

Extortion

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It's a known issue that @machefan and I have experienced. If there is a lots of wireless signals around it will give you errors but nothing is actually wrong. Ford is already working on fixing this.
Gotcha. For both errors?

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
Gotcha. For both errors?
I only got the power train error, but the nature of the problem is that it can throw anything at you if I understood it correctly.

OP
OP
Extortion

Extortion

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I only got the power train error, but the nature of the problem is that it can throw anything at you if I understood it correctly.
Wow! That makes sense. My car is working perfectly fine to my knowledge. So I was confused.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Wow! That makes sense. My car is working perfectly fine to my knowledge. So I was confused.
Better yet, where does the error show up?

For us it's parked in our garage, we both have very strong wireless networks (more corporate vs consumer). There is interference being introduced and it's sending back a false error which is what both and another member are experiencing, Ford is working on it.

Can you tell us where and when these errors are showed up?

HEV-Hazard - This one we did not experience but could be related but I wouldn't say for sure.

Indy Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Prem AWD, 2019 F150, ‘94 Vet, 1948 Willys
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Also have both issues last week. MME at the dealer. No answers from Ford yet. It’s been there a week today.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
Also have both issues last week. MME at the dealer. No answers from Ford yet. It’s been there a week today.
Had the same issue sometimes after car is parked in my garage. Has to do with our solar system which uses home wiring for internet. After I pull out it goes away. BTW I did take it to the dealer when I had that issue. They reloaded a few things which accomplished nothing. I learned about the reason on this forum. Just wanted to get it documented with the dealer.

Last edited:

Indy Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Interesting. Mine showed up going 45 to 55 miles per hour outside a small town on a state highway in Indiana. Same errors significantly different environments. BTW. Does any know if HEV means Hybrid Electric Vehicle? I see posts that suggest Ford has experienced these codes with vehicles other than the MME.

Last edited:

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
Interesting. Mine showed up going 45 to 55 miles per hour outside a small town on a state highway in Indiana. Same errors significantly different environments. BTW. Does any know if HEV means Hybrid Electric Vehicle? I see post that suggest Ford has experienced these codes with vehicles other than t
Doesn't sound like the same issue. (I experienced the same RF interference). Different failures could throw the same fault. My guess is you have an actual problem rather than a power line "faux" fault.

Let us know when the dealer gets back to you. A week is a rather long time.

Indy Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Dealer had MME for 6 weeks and Ford Engineer from MI came down. They replace a set of cells. Dealer provided a loaner MME. Very satisfied with our dealer.

CBrock12

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue MachE4X
Occupation
Automotive Sales Consultant for Ford
Country flag
Better yet, where does the error show up?

For us it's parked in our garage, we both have very strong wireless networks (more corporate vs consumer). There is interference being introduced and it's sending back a false error which is what both and another member are experiencing, Ford is working on it.

Can you tell us where and when these errors are showed up?

HEV-Hazard - This one we did not experience but could be related but I wouldn't say for sure.
It’s my second day in the MachE and I had this issue after disconnecting my home charger. How do I get the service wrench to go away if that was just the issue?

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
It’s my second day in the MachE and I had this issue after disconnecting my home charger. How do I get the service wrench to go away if that was just the issue?
Have the dealer perform TSB 21-2171 and update the relevant modules with the latest software.

oliverames

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Select Dual Motor Standard Range
Country flag
Any idea if they have actually pushed out a fix for this yet?

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag