Service Vehicle Soon! Is it finally my turn?

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I made the mistake of driving to a dealership before turning off/on to see if it was going to brick. In retrospect going to a brewery would have been a much better place to get stranded.

OP
OP
mkhuffman

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I was driving about 70/75 mph down the parkway when. I got the service message. So not sure what your saying.
He is referring to my post and I think he is probably correct.

You should DM @DevSecOps and he may be able to help you with your likely HVBJB failure.

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Range Rover, 2012 Dodge, 2018 Chevy, 52 M38
Occupation
Retired, building inspector / construction super for a builder in NY.
Country flag
He is referring to my post and I think he is probably correct.

You should DM @DevSecOps and he may be able to help you with your likely HVBJB failure.
Thanks. Just got off the phone with the dealer. They said they cant get it into service dept for 3 weeks. WTF.....

OP
OP
mkhuffman

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks. Just got off the phone with the dealer. They said they cant get it into service dept for 3 weeks. WTF.....
Try to find another dealer. Or take it in and get a rental car, paid for by Ford. Ford is paying for rental cars for people with this problem.

titan2220

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E AWD SR
Country flag
The caveat with Ford paying for the rental car, and this is what I just learned from their BEV team, is you have to rent the car and pay for it, then they will mail you a debit card for reimbursement. I can only imagine how long that will take!
As someone who got a debit card from Ford due to a HVBJB issue, my situation was handled quickly. The rep was great, and I got a debit reimbursement (mine was for monthly payment as I had a free dealer loaner) but it was sent quickly.

Schmetsky

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CRV, GolfR, MDX, Sienna, RX350
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Did you all see the Out of Spec video where their ID4 "bricked" multiple times? Are parts manufacturers producing parts that just are not good enough yet for the rigors of EV vehicles?

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Try to find another dealer. Or take it in and get a rental car, paid for by Ford. Ford is paying for rental cars for people with this problem.
Thanks MK. The dealer ended up taking my car today. It seems my car is the 2nd one sold from this dealership that this has happened to. Soon as they saw the pictures I posted here. They wanted it right away. Will keep you all posted. Thanks again for the insight and help.

OP
OP
mkhuffman

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks MK. The dealer ended up taking my car today. It seems my car is the 2nd one sold from this dealership that this has happened to. Soon as they saw the pictures I posted here. They wanted it right away. Will keep you all posted. Thanks again for the insight and help.
That's good!

So your dealership is on this forum? I expect there are some lurking out there. It is a smart thing to do. Just like how some Ford engineers are quietly on here. It's good to know what is happening in the field.

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
That's good!

So your dealership is on this forum? I expect there are some lurking out there. It is a smart thing to do. Just like how some Ford engineers are quietly on here. It's good to know what is happening in the field.

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
My dealership is not on the forum. I forwarded those pictures to them. After they saw them, they told me bring the car in right away.

MachLee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Hi there,

I am not the MachLee of which you seek. There's another user with a very similar username that has a lot more information. Their tag has a hyphen in it @Mach-Lee.

Thanks,
Lee

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
As
As an update. The dealer still has my car. Is still waiting for parts. Thats all I know. Its unreal how long this is taking.

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Ok. Heres an update. The dealer just sent me these pictures of my car up on the lift. Look at the size of that junction box on the battery. EDIT: Is that the junction box? I might get the car by tomorrow.
IMG_1404.jpg
686763719.jpg

Last edited: