Service Vehicle Soon - No Part Available

B16EEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E RWD ER
Country flag
Hi all,

I had the dreaded "service vehicle soon" last week at about 15000 miles. Message came on as I was accelerating quite hard up to 70 from a roundabout. Took it in to the dealer at Eastleigh, who are brilliant (I particularly enjoyed getting a Fiesta ST as a loaner - brought out my inner 17 year-old), who diagnosed it as - I think - an HVBJB on its way out. They got back in touch today to say Ford have advised that there is currently no date for availability for replacement parts! This is somewhat irritating!

I would very much like to rant at Ford, but I am curious what we think the likelihood is of the car bricking itself while we wait for the part to become available! Any views? I also haven't tested it, as I've avoided hard acceleration since the warning came on, but I do wonder whether power is now limited. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks,

Mark
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Tell your dealer to order it via COPIS. And you should call Ford, ask for the BEV team, and open a case number.

Dermot Vermin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SRD Black
Country flag
Hi all,

I had the dreaded "service vehicle soon" last week at about 15000 miles. Message came on as I was accelerating quite hard up to 70 from a roundabout. Took it in to the dealer at Eastleigh, who are brilliant (I particularly enjoyed getting a Fiesta ST as a loaner - brought out my inner 17 year-old), who diagnosed it as - I think - an HVBJB on its way out. They got back in touch today to say Ford have advised that there is currently no date for availability for replacement parts! This is somewhat irritating!

I would very much like to rant at Ford, but I am curious what we think the likelihood is of the car bricking itself while we wait for the part to become available! Any views? I also haven't tested it, as I've avoided hard acceleration since the warning came on, but I do wonder whether power is now limited. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks,

Mark
My Dealer said I should be ok to drive but take it easy, so I asked them to confirm in writing that the car would not just stop when I was on the 'Smart' M25 motorway as that would be unpleasant. They decided then that I couldn't drive it and gave me a hire car for 5 weeks whilst it was sorted. Why not ask them the same, if they are happy to let you carry on driving then happy days, for me I'd rather not take the chance. The wait for parts for me was around 3 weeks, the another 2 to get it sorted (but the HVBJB was done in 5 days to be fair (there was a hold up getting mine on, so in reality it was a 2 day job), the extra week was getting the update installed (I was stuck on 1.6)

I'm currently attempting to claim the additional expenditure of fuel from the hire car, I'll let you know how I get on.

OP
OP

B16EEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E RWD ER
Country flag
Thanks. That’s really helpful. I’ll also report any updates!

Mark
Sponsored